Sauce for French Fries

Akai

'Cause I'm only a crack in this castle of glass
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Since we have a topic for toppings, I think sauces deserve a thread as well. I'll try to have an exhaustive list of sauce if you have more feel free to suggest.

S tier:
Mayonnaise.
Samurai.
Béarnaise.

A tier:
Mustard.
Ketchup.
Curry.
Brazil

B tiers:
BBQ. (lets be honnest it's just sugar nothing else)
Aioli.

C tiers:
Hawai.
Brazil

insperated by WaterBomb

Akai

Brown gravy: Unranked -> S

Anyone who's ever had poutine can vouch for that. It's a damn shame that it gets so little attention in the United States.
Never had a good poutine (I know it's sad).

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
ketchup doesnt belong on anything srry fam why not just put sugar on your fries. even worse are the geniuses lamenting bbq sauce which is basically just ketchup, while praising ketchup. either ppl who put sauce on their fries have f-tier tastebuds or the fries they are eating are f tier.

hot sauce is an acceptable sauce for fries if needed. there are perhaps other acceptable sauces but none of the ones listed in the OP are such sauces even if they exist (brazil sauce? "hawai" sauce, a google search confirms these dont in fact exist)

Sputnik

Bono My Tires are Deceased
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ketchup: A ---> S

I believe that Ketchup is criminally underrated by this VR. In the current metagame, Ketchup has several very useful attributes. For one, Ketchup has a more neutral, tomato-ey taste. This is beneficial for the fries overall, as fries are salty and Heinz (the only Ketchup worth talking about, other forms should be UR). Flavorwise, this is incredibly important; the sweetness of the Ketchup can create an excellent neutral balance core with the saltiness of the fries. In the culinary arts, balancing of flavors is very important. Ketchup achieves this with flying colors, and should absolutely be ranked in the S tier as a result.

Brown gravy: Unranked -> S

Anyone who's ever had poutine can vouch for that. It's a damn shame that it gets so little attention in the United States.
I'm sorry, but replays are required to rank an unranked sauce. Please provide good video evidence to the usefulness of Brown Gravy as a French Fry sauce.

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
I just got the Travis Scott burger at mcdonald's and I have to say I agree unfortunately. BBQ sauce is somewhat unsuited for french fries in my opinion.

As the biggest french fries lover, can I just say that french fries is one of the most magical food ever invented. It taste great with just about any sauce, but still somehow taste best by itself. You would never run out of ways to eat french fries and since it taste great with no sauce and any sauce, there would always be a flavor that suits your mood.

Chicken sauce Unranked ---> S

Robbing a Chik-fil-A is the standard set, but it's not considered hax if you buy a bottle of the generic stuff at the grocery store instead.

Akai

My opinion:

S: No sauce
A:
B: Every other sauce
C:
D: that one sauce that caused mcdonalds riots
Sounds like good arguments, I'm in

Chicken sauce Unranked ---> S

Robbing a Chik-fil-A is the standard set, but it's not considered hax if you buy a bottle of the generic stuff at the grocery store instead.
Whut do you eat it with chicken ?

chips and gravy is a legendary combo. with big thick chips, not like shitty skinny maccas "fries"
Dw we are opened minds so Chips and gravy is welcomed.

No ranch?? Am I the only one who has discovered this divine combination?
Ranch :o first I read this sauce name! You had my curiosity now you have my attention.

Ketchup: A ---> S

I believe that Ketchup is criminally underrated by this VR. In the current metagame, Ketchup has several very useful attributes. For one, Ketchup has a more neutral, tomato-ey taste. This is beneficial for the fries overall, as fries are salty and Heinz (the only Ketchup worth talking about, other forms should be UR). Flavorwise, this is incredibly important; the sweetness of the Ketchup can create an excellent neutral balance core with the saltiness of the fries. In the culinary arts, balancing of flavors is very important. Ketchup achieves this with flying colors, and should absolutely be ranked in the S tier as a result.

I'm sorry, but replays are required to rank an unranked sauce. Please provide good video evidence to the usefulness of Brown Gravy as a French Fry sauce.
Just perfect I'll update the VR later on

Lina

Creatures in Heaven
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Since we have a topic for toppings, I think sauces deserve a thread as well. I'll try to have an exhaustive list of sauce if you have more feel free to suggest.

S tier:
Mayonnaise.
Samurai.
Béarnaise.

A tier:
Mustard.
Ketchup.
Curry.
Brazil

B tiers:
BBQ. (lets be honnest it's just sugar nothing else)
Aioli.

C tiers:
Hawai.
Brazil

insperated by WaterBomb
You forgot Garlic Aioli and it should be in S tier because it is amazing. Chipotle Aioli is also quite good on chips. Also are seasonings included in this list?

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Super niche but any variation of Cilantro/Lime/Jalapeno Ranch is S+ tier for sure, only held back by the inability to find a good one in stores.

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Mayo: S ---> B

There's just so much interesting stuff to put on fries than just straight mayo. It really doesn't deserve to outrank sauces like ketchup or ranch.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Peanut/satay sauce: UR -> SS

Personally have my fries as "patatje oorlog" with mayo, satay, and chopped raw onions (some places also add curry ketchup), and its common knowledge my opinion is always just the best one. Don't disagree with me you'll just look stupid

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Honey mustard to S
McDonalds sweet and sour sauce to S

both of these happened when I got sauce for my chicken tendies but forgot to get ketchup for the fries. they work well and I sometimes even forgo ketchup in favor of these two (I think ketchup is also S)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)