SandDemons ^^

SandDemons

Hello Smogon my name is Jay. This my 1st time playing pokemon since 5 or 6 months i believe. So I've noticed how many weather teams are running aroud so i decided to make a sand team as T-Tar is my fav poke. So i hope you enjoy ^^

Team Building Process

So First any weather team has to have their weather inducer and mines is T-Tar

Next i added my physical wall who i love in the sand Gliscor

So i already noticed a huge water weakness coming on so i added gastrodon to the mix

My Friend then convinced me that celebi and landorus was good on a sand team so i added a defensive celebi and rock polish landorus

I then added magnezone to take ice and dragon hits but to also trap the ever present steel types

In-Depth Team

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Trait: SandStream
EVs: 252 HP/ 124 Atk/ 132 Def
Impish (+Def, -SpAtk)
-Pursuit
-Superpower
-Stealth Rock
-FirePunch

This is my Lead most times. In weather wars he is ensured to get weather up 1st because he is slower. My T-Tar is here for 3 reasons. To keep weather up, To set up stealth rock, and to put a dent in the other team. My EVs are pretty nice on him max HP so he can and some Def to ensure his survival with physical move (the reason i didnt invest in SpDef us because in sandstorm rock type get a spdef boost.) The chople berry is there to help with the survival of a fighting move

Synergy
Fighting: Celebi, Gliscor
Bug: Magnezone, Gliscor, Landorus,
Steel: Magnezone
Ground: Gastrodon, Gliscor, Landorus, Celebi
Water: Gastrodon, Celebi
Grass: Celebi, Magnezone, Gliscor, Landorus

Gliscor @ Flying Gem (Set Recomended and works by Motagua)
Trait: SandVeil
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 Def
Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk)
-Earthquake
-Acrobatics
-Swords Dance
-Substitute

OK i was a bit spectical with using this set thinking my team defense would be hurt but whew was i wrong this thing is more of a beast on offense and rapes some big threats after a SD acrobatics. Idk if you resist the attack you still gonna die or more than half of your life gonna be gone. Plus they are both STAB attacks doing major damage and if i get a substitute and SD up you might as well pick a poke you want to die.

Synergy
Ice: Magenzone
Water: Celebi, Gastrodon

Gastrodon @ Leftovers (changes that worked by Emirinho, blacklight, BCK)
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 SpAtk/ 252SpDef
Calm (+SpDef, -Atk)
-Scald
-IceBeam
-Toxic/Clear Smog
-Recover

My sexy pink slug ^^ this thing is awesome for a wall especially on my sand team i mean this thing completely f*cks over rain teams and its a great toxic staller. He is the one to take almost all water attacks on the team. Water pulse is my STAB attack and to confuse pokemon if im lucky. Ice Beam is to keep Dragons from setting up on me. Toxic is to wear down walls and anything my team cant handle to well recover is my choice of recovery and to keep him alive longer. Im considering clear smog to stop people who get the chance to set up but i really dont need it. Scald chosen over waterpluse due to the fact that its more powerful and has burn chance to mess with them physical sweepers.

Synergy
Grass: Celebi, Gliscor, Landorus, Magnezone

Celebi @ Leftovers (Change suggested and works by Motagua)
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 232 HP / 240 SAtk / 36 Spd
Modest (+SpAtk, -Atk)
-Recover
-Hidden Power (Fire)
-Giga Drain
-NastyPlot

My little green onion has gotten stronger and more beasty. Let this little thing come in and get one NP off and it will do some damage. Then it doesn't lose its defensive capabilities. This thing is really offensive which i needed for my team was lacking some good OHKOs which i knew i could get.

Changes i think might work

Im thinking about changing to a support or defensive celebi or might just change all together for a latios

Synergy
Fire: Tyranitar, Gastrodon
Ice: Magnezone
Poison: Magnezone, Gastrodon, Gliscor, Tyranitar
Flying: Magnezone, Tyranitar
Bug: Magnezone, Gliscor, Landorus
Ghost: Magnezone, Tyranitar
Dark: Magnezone, Tyranitar

Landorus @ Choice Scarf (Set recomended by Mupa97, BKC)
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4HP
Naive (+Spd, -SpDef)
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-U-turn

OK so i changed this to a scarf set simply because starmie wrecks my team horribly and there wasnt much i could do anything about it (got sweep by LO Starmie) Then i also noticed thanks to you guys that other gliscor and Landorus that come in can cause some problems and i needed a way to hit them well HP ice handles that. U-turn is a great move fuking psychics up is fun and helpful. Overall the speed is a nice gain prediction is needed but is worth it.

Synergy
Water: Gastrodon, Celebi
Ice: Magnezone

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 220 Spe/ 252 SpAtk/ 36 HP
Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
-Charge Beam
-Substitute
-Hidden Power (Fire)
-ThunderBolt

This is my steel and water wrecker. Trap em get my boost off them then rape is what this thing does and it can take a heatran on if i got a sub and 1 charge beam boost. It also covers for alot of my type disadvantages. So this set is to ensure that my magnezone can set up off whatever i trap and start wrecking the other team. The EVs are so that i can out speed what i need to and still wreck and the HP EVs are for stronger subs.

Synergy
Fire: Gastrodon, Tyranitar
Fighting: Celebi, Gliscor, Landorus
Ground: Gliscor, Landorus, Gastrodon, Celebi

And That is All Changes will Be mad in color thanks for reading

You're really lacking speed on your team, which makes you very weak to things like Starmie once your Gastrodon is taken down, as well as having no way of fending against +1 Dragonite or Volcarona. I suggest you to remove Expert Belt on Landorus and give it a Choice Scarf since a Scarf Landorus outspeeds such threats and help you check faster things like Starmie.

Landorus @Choice Scarf
Jolly
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Sand Force
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-U-turn
-Hidden Power Ice

You don't need to bump your thread every hour... In fact, you only are supposed to bump your thread once every 24 hours. Nevertheless, I will rate this soon.

Motagua

El Ciclón Azul
EDIT: FULL RATE

Gliscor is doing nothing on this team for you, and Sand Veil is pointless unless it is an AcroBat Gliscor set you are abusing. I would suggest an AcroBat Gliscor over your current weird set, since it is useless in here. An offensive Gliscor easily capitalizes Sand Stream making moves like Hydro Pump and Stone Edge have a 60% accuracy vs him. With the force of the Flying Gem a +2 Gliscor is able to murder standard Rotom-W after SR and Slowbro allowing Landorus to sweep more easily.

Volt-Turn seems a real trouble for this team considering that if Rotom-W is succesful on tricking a Scarf on Gastrodon and/or Scizor predicts a Magnezone switch-in and kills with Superpower, your team is rendered useless against these teams. Also, a well played Rain-stall team can cause trouble with this team since Ferrothorn carries Bulldoze to deal with Magnezone. To remediate this problem, I would suggest to use Nasty Plot Celebi over your current set. With Nasty Plot, Celebi becomes a real threat to Rain-stall since most dont have a reliable answer to deal with her. Giga Drain & HP Fire OHKOs Scizor and Rotom-W making it an excellent answer to Turn/Switch without letting her just die to lure Scizor and continously abuse her resistances.

Here are the sets:
Gliscor (M) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 232 HP / 240 SAtk / 36 Spd
Modest Nature
(+SAtk, -Atk)
- Recover
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This is my full rate as promised, and I hope I helped you out :].

Hello,

Just by looking at the team preview i can see a problem, lack of speed. Your team is very weak to set up pokemon like dragonite,Salamence,gyarados,etc. You should use a scarf Landorus, as someone above told you.
You should also put scald instead of Water pulse, 2 reasons, more power and can burn the opponent which can come in handy.

Virizion also makes a huge problem to your team because it can sweep your entire team after +2. You should use a Specially Defensive Jirachi, the classical one instead of Celebi.
A virizion can't touch jirachi with. You body slam and it gets paralized so you just continue stalling.

Don't use Water Pulse on Gastrodon. A 60 power attack backed with a gimmicky 30% confusion chance isn't worth it. Try either Surf or Scald; the first has a little bit more power, but the latter has a good chance to cause a burn.

Gastrodon is sexy, don't ever forget it.

a swords dance ice punch lucario will sweep this team once it sets up on a -2 celebi. i'd run the gliscor set recommended by motagua, as it checks luke, and is a great fit with your team, since magnezone removes its biggest counter, skarmory. next, try scald > water pulse on gastrodon, the extra power is cool and the burn chance synergizes well with gastro's role of stalling with residual damage. gastro should also have max sp. defense to check gengar / trick room reuniclus more efficiently. lastly, try hp ice > hammer arm and a naive nature on landorus. hitting opposing gliscor is alot more valuable than hitting a random balloon heatran / lucario, since the rest of your team deals with them just fine.

EDITED:

Ok changed my celebi set and the team is working real smooth now thanks for the rates having a little trouble with bulky bulk up scrafty

Bump ok so team is working pretty well not really much problems now if i predict right but still feel the team can do better

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus

Threats:
  • SD Lucario
  • TR Reuniclus

Hi. Swords Dance Lucario with Ice Punch will give you some problems as once it gets to +2 by either forcing out Tyranitar or Magnezone, you don't have a reliable switch in (Landorus will fall to +2 Extremespeed with a little prior damage). I recommned using Scarf Terrakion over Landorus. Terrakion revenge kills all the same threats that Landorus does along with the ability to check Lucario thanks to its resistance to Extremespeed. Terrakion also has generally better synergy with your team than Landorus. It shares excellent type synergy with Celebi and it lures in Scizor's Bullet Punch for an easy Magnezone trap which gets a big threat to your Tyranitar and Celebi out of the way. Your weaknesses to Reuniclus can be fixed with some minor changes. I recommend using Crunch over Fire Punch. Pursuit just won't cut it vs Reuniclus while Crunch is solid 2HKO. I also recommned moving your Tyranitar's Def EVs into SpD. It's better to play off of Tyranitar's strengths and taking physical attacks isn't one of them. Even with those EVs Tyranitar can take Earthquakes and the SpD EVs will greatly help with walling Latios and Fire-type attacks from sun teams. Since your not running the bulkier Gliscor set, you'll need some backup vs Fighting-types such as Conkeldurr and Virizion. So I recommned Psychic over Recover on Celebi to hit Fighting-types. With Gastrodon on your team to handle rain, Celebi doesn't need to be at full HP all the time and with Giga Drain + Leftovers, recovery shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Terrakion | Choice Scarf
Jolly | 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Close Combat | Stone Edge | X-Scissor | Rock Slide

hope I helped and good luck with your team :)

ok i just started testing set because i just got back from Kansas visiting gma i update whether or not ill keep the terrakion and im not sure with crunch over fire punch ill try and psychic over recover might be a good addition so ill get back to u in a minute

Hey there.

DD Dragonite is a major threat to this team. Celebi is the perfect set-up fodder for it, and after Landorus gets worn down by Stealth Rock a couple of times, it can sweep your team cleanly thanks to ExtremeSpeed, Fire Punch, and Outrage. Landorus is also a major threat to this team, as is SubDD Gyarados. Double Dance Terrakion can also destroy you after Gliscor is weakened, which isn't too hard to accomplish since it lacks recovery and will wear itself down with Substitute in tandem with Stealth Rock damage. Magnezone really isn't necessary for your team; you have no dragons or anything that absolutely needs Steel-types to be removed. Therefore, I suggest that you replace it with a Slowbro. Slowbro will provide your team with a much-needed physical wall, and can also ruin Steel-types with a surprise Fire Blast. It can easily handle almost all of the physical sweepers in the tier as well, being able to use its combination of Ice Beam and Scald to devastate the likes of Dragonite and Terrakion, respectively.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Relaxed nature
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Fire Blast
-Slack Off

Solid team. Hope I helped, and good luck!

AB2

is an absolute ape
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Hi nice team. Although I really think that celebi and gastrodon are a bit redundant. Celebi does a decent job checking rain much like gastrodon and both can pretty much fulfill the same roles on this team. I would suggest that you try another bulky water type in the place of gastrodon on this team. Landorus seems like it could be a mildly annoying threat against this team especially if it happens to pack substitute. This is why defensive rotom-w would be a pretty decent replacement for gastrodon. Although it's pretty generic, rotom-w is a pretty good 'mon to switch into the likes of landorus and scizor provided that you heavily invest in hp and defense. I'd try a spread of 248 hp / 252 def / 8 spe, leftovers, bold nature, and a moveset of volt switch / hydro pump / will-o-wisp / pain split. Since getting rid of gastrodon means that you lose a water immunity on this team, the use of rotom-w means that you can still maintain a decent water resistance especially if you have celebi.

Other than that this team seems pretty solid, but there are a few other options that you can try on this team if you would like. Sub protect gliscor is a pretty interesting option on this team. It allows you to ease prediction against annoying volt switch teams with protect and rip them to shreds if you are able to remove steel types with magnezone. One of the only issues with this is that you will probably have to switch to a 252 hp / 176 def / 80 spe spread on gliscor, which may open you up to swords dance lucario a bit. If you feel that it may be too much of a problem, bumping up your speed on celebi to 180 will help against adamant lucario. Celebi makes an o.k. check to lucario, although it really is not a massive problem to this team in the first place. You could probably even go with a set of substitute / protect / toxic / earthquake and an impish nature on gliscor as gengar and breloom aren't huge problems to this team. I suppose if you hate lucario that much you can run scarf terrakion over landorus as other have suggested, although it seems that you will be able to play around it easily enough as it is.

You shouldn't give Celebi Psychic because Terrakion is faster and can 1HKO it. It also has a quite bad coverage so I suggest replacing Recover with Earth Power to get those extra coverage. You could also swap it for HP Fire it's your choice. Recover is not often needed in this set as you only want to attack with Giga Drain all the time after you are boosted. The other moves are for coverage only. I suggest replacing Recover for Earth Power (that also hits heatran very hard) and I would swap HP Fire for something like Thunder Wave to stop setup dragons like dragonite. You could also use my pro celebi moveset that contains Baton Pass in the last moveset but thats your choice.

ok guys liking the slowbro and rotom-w and thanxs for the earth power suggestion helps alot i will post the changes in the team tomorrow because i got home work thanx for help guys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)