RU Spotlight: Sharpedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
With Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire not too far off, I figured it would be the best time to get a Spolight Aritcle for Sharpedo. Of all the RU Pokemon primed to get Mega Evolutions in the new games (Gallade, Sceptile, and Altaria just to name a few others), Sharpedo is easily the most relevant in the current metagame as it's one of the top late-game sweepers in the tier. It'll generally follow the structure of my Moltres article set for release in the upcoming issue, but I'll see if I can work in a point or two about its Mega, especially if details about its stat distribution come out in time.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Wouldn't it be better to wait until its Mega has been used in the metagame? Not to mention that it'd be somewhat odd to make a spotlight for something that's has a high risk of leaving the tier.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well, I was going to try to feed into the ORAS hype a bit, but I can do something else if you guys feel that would be best as I did have other ideas before deciding on this one

Hitmonlee: Stays with the Kanto theme. Arguably the best pure physical attacker in the tier atm
Doublade: Goes with the "new" approach. Introduced in XY and is one of the most influencial mons in RU rn.
Slowking: Long history and one of only a handful of Pokemon that made the transition from BW2 RU to XY RU while remaining very relevant in both
Meloetta / Cobalion: BW Legendaries that have fallen to RU in XY and become very influencial. Meloetta being possibly the most diverse mon in the tier while Cobalion is the most versatile Steel-type in the tier.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Doublade is already getting the spotlight in another RU article (NFEs in RU), so i probably wouldn't put him in two articles in the same issue at once.

I'm kinda leaning towards meloetta but i'd like to see some thoughts from atomicllamas too

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Meloetta and Hitmonlee are both great choices for spotlights, as they are both S rank mons and don't have other articles going on about them, so either one works imo

EonX

Battle Soul
Guess I'll go for Meloetta then. Less history means more time to delve into its sets imoimo.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Seeing as you've yet to make a thread for this in the workshop, may I suggest a spotlight for Aromatisse? Meoletta is a top threat for sure, but if your viability rankings are up to date, Aromatisse being in the A+ rank could also make for a fine candidate. Although to be fair, the actual reason I'm asking this is that we already have some kickass art prepared, so it'd be a great way to hit two birds with one stone. But it's up to you.

EonX

Battle Soul
Seeing as you've yet to make a thread for this in the workshop, may I suggest a spotlight for Aromatisse? Meoletta is a top threat for sure, but if your viability rankings are up to date, Aromatisse being in the A+ rank could also make for a fine candidate. Although to be fair, the actual reason I'm asking this is that we already have some kickass art prepared, so it'd be a great way to hit two birds with one stone. But it's up to you.
I can do either / or tbh. Whichever one you guys feel would be best as I have experience with both.

EDIT: Going to go ahead and do Aromatisse. It's arguably the best defensive Pokemon in RU atm, just like Moltres arguably being the top offensive threat in RU.

Tagging Molk and Bummer to alert you 2 to the decision I've made.

Last edited:

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
oooh if EonX does Aromatisse for this then another one of our article ideas would work perfectly for Meloetta!

Aromatisse could definitely work out here btw. It's really not even limited to a strictly defensive role given Croaroma is actually p. good if not uncommon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)