Tournament RU CCAT TOURNAMENT FINALS [Won by Lasagne]

Status
Not open for further replies.
GlassGlaceon

Typing wise, this thing is perfect, resisting Fire, Flying, and Electric, while its weaknesses, Grass and Ground, are more than easily covered. Furthermore, its slow Volt Switch is absolutely amazing at bringing in Vivillon, who is too frail otherwise to switch into most attacks.

atomicllamas wins!

Team so far:

Vivillon @ Leftovers
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sleep Powder
- Hurricane
- Quiver Dance
- Substitute

Xatu @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- Grass Knot
- Roost

Cobalion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Magnet Rise

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roar

You may begin nominating.

complete legitimacy

is it cold in the water?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Moltres @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Flame Charge
- Hidden Power [Grass]

This set is probably one of the the best that I have ever used. The destruction that it is capable of causing is quite frankly, indescribable. The power of this set was truly felt by Double01 when my full Assault Vest team defeated him. Moltres was my MVP in that match, KOing, 3 of Double01's Pokemon. It was quite an impressive performance, as Moltres took Stealth Rock damage, was able to finish off a Pokemon with Flame Charge, and go on a mini-sweep. When Double01 tried to revenge kill my 50% Moltres with his Sash Froslass, he failed so hard when Moltres only took 22% from Ice Beam thanks to Assault Vest. I think that Moltres has all the right qualities to add to this CCAT. Firstly, it is relatively fast, which is always a good thing. Also, it is a very effective Delphox and Escavalier check, which are two of the top threats in the metagame. In addition, all the top teams have at least one Assault Vest user, and we have yet to fulfill that quota. Fire Blast and Hurricane are deadly with a Modest nature, and Hidden Power Grass gives Moltres incredible coverage. At +1 Speed with impressive power, coverage, and bulk thanks to Assault Vest, Flame Charge Assault Vest Moltres is a complete set with everything that you could ever ask for in a Pokemon. We already have Xatu too, so the 4x weakness to Stealth Rock is practically a non-issue. I hope that everyone agrees with me when I say that this is what's best for the team at this point.

Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Thunder Wave

Alright, standard as fuck, I know. However, I think Froslass could bring some helpful support to this team, and could be a great asset in facilitating a Vivillon sweep. First, Spikes are just amazing as hell, plain and simple. They force are opponent to try to Spin / Defog ASAP, and they also allow use to weaken walls which could potentially stop Vivillon (Or Cobalion, for that matter) Secondly, Thunder Wave is another great move that can completely cripple a faster attack, making is easier for Rhyperior, Xatu, and Vivillon to pull off an attack. Destiny Bond is one of the final moves, as it's great for completely removing an opponent after Froslass has set up Spikes / spread paralysis. Taunt also guarantees that the opponent can't set up hazards against us or set up. I know some people may say we have Xatu to help us get hazards up, but Xatu is used more for hazard-prevention then getting up hazards, and can also never guarantee Spikes will even go up, even if the opponent does have a Spiker. Finally, I'd like to state that even though we're using Rhyperior, this in no way means we can't use a Spike lead such as Froslass. With a base 140 Attack, Rhyperior can easily pull its weight offensively, especially with dual-EdgeQuake STAB. It can also use Roar to wrack up even more hazard damage. Overall, Froslass is a Pokemon who can easily assist the rest of the team in obtaining KOs with Spikes while also being able to spread paralysis, KO with Destiny Bond, and even function as a SpinBlocker.

MAMP

MAMP!
Just want to say that Moltres is a really bad idea for this team, we already have a crippling weakness to electric attacks and stealth rock. What we need right now is an answer to Heliolisk, and a switch-in to Rhyperior.

I see a huge Zoroark weakness here,as it outspeeds and OHKOS both Coballion and Vivillon with Flamethrower,kills Xatu with Night Daze or Dark Pulse,and can just switch to another teammate to kill Rhyperior.Therefore,I present to you my submission.

Hitmonlee@Normal Gem
EVS:252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP.
-Fake Out
-High Jump Kick
-Stone Edge
-Sucker Punch

Pretty standard set,Fake Out is here for the unburden normal gem boost,High Jump Kick is for STAB,Stone Edge is to get hits on flying-types,and Sucker Punch is to get psychic-types.Hitmonlee also counters 2 of the biggest threats to the team,namely Zoroark and Heliolisk.

complete legitimacy

is it cold in the water?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just want to say that Moltres is a really bad idea for this team, we already have a crippling weakness to electric attacks and stealth rock. What we need right now is an answer to Heliolisk, and a switch-in to Rhyperior.
Don't worry, I plan on fixing these weaknesses with my next submission after this round, but Moltres is actually a really good idea for all of the reasons that I stated in my earlier post.

Voting period
OPEN!
you have 3 choices have fun :]

EDIT: llamas is a noob so he will post his set now smh

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)