rodan loves fast food but not too fast or else he can't catch it

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Wendy's, Carl's Jr, and Sonic are all really bad. Burger King used to be as good as McDonald's, but all the local BKs are just not clean anymore.

Jack in the Box for Uber Tier.

whoa is Harveys really Canada only?? .. wow i am speechless

I just feel so bad for the rest of the world

like their burgers actually taste like meat, not oatmeal patties
and their milkshakes.. like.. omg

5 guys is probably the best chain now. Wendy's was but their fries went down the shitter. A few years ago they became incapable of serving you fresh properly cooked fries. They were either undercooked or overcooked or stale. Now the new rustic sea salt fries are just inedible.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
P.O.O.P.

Anyways, 5guys is definitely legit. Another chain I really like is Smashburger. They have some pretty decent beef.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
seconding Smashburger. My friend first mistook it as GameStop, because of its font and color (red and white) are pretty much the same.

dw Rodan, apparently everyone posting here likes fast food one way or the other

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
5 guys is probably the best chain now. Wendy's was but their fries went down the shitter. A few years ago they became incapable of serving you fresh properly cooked fries. They were either undercooked or overcooked or stale. Now the new rustic sea salt fries are just inedible.
What are you talking about

The new Wendy's fries are amazing.

The only fast food restaurant I eat at is Subway or Quizno's, depending on which is closer to where I happen to be. I'm kind of a health nut, so I tend to stay away from hamburgers and fries since they do not offer much nutritional value when compared to other quick, easy-to-make foods.

The new Wendy's fries are top tier. But as far as I'm concerned, 5 Guys doesn't serve anything edible. The burgers are shrivelled up flavorless pieces of what appears to be charcoal, the french fries are soggy limp sticks of grease and salt, and there are some burnt peanuts to try to make up for their former mistakes

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
That must be a gross 5 guys you eat at. Dunno about you but the ones I go to serve fresh potatoes from idaho for fries and the jalapenos are quite scrumptious on dem bacon cheeseburgers.

5 Guys makes their shit with peanut oil, so I can't eat it =/. All of my friends say it's amazing though, which makes me sad I can't try it. From what I can eat, Wendy's is the best though, 100%. I haven't eaten fast food in ages though.

Never was outstanded with Subway or Quizno's post-2010. They somehow just removed all the flavor from their subs, and I mean I'm a food nut, I NEED FLAVOR MAN! Wendy's is really only good for the fries now but I've picked out a few places that can at least make a good spicy chicken sandwich. McDonald's and Burger King are simply just horrible for health (and the fact that they don't clean out the places often, Wendy's is guilty, too) and really are only good in emergency situations. Sonic would be great once in a while up in New Jersey if the burgers were better, but the Hot Dogs are definitely up there along with their ice cream. Ate at a Sonic down in Houston about 5 years ago and I'll tell you right now that was a good burger compared to what they have in NJ. You guys have to go to Ohio for some Steak n' Shake though, that's some good food for you once in a long, long while (talking like a once a season while).

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think we're all forgetting that the quality of a fast food joint is almost exclusively dependent on its management. If a general manager cares about food quality and expects the same of his/her employees, the establishment will put out better product. If they don't care and their employees don't care, the quality will suffer. I've been to some amazing Wendys, and I've been to some awful Wendys. The same goes for any chain.

I didn't mention Five Guys in my post because I don't really consider it a "superchain" yet. It's growing, but it's not as universally recognizable as the big three (BK, Wendys, McD) yet. Five guys is pretty amazing though, I've never been to one I didn't love. Poor Zacch must have found the only crappy one in the country...

Also, anyone else remember Roy Rogers? Those sourdough bacon cheeseburgers, I swear I could live off them...

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I've eaten at wendy's three times, since it was the only fast food in rockville where i played TCG, but after the second time i got food poisoning i never went there again. :/

Five Guys is incredibly hit-and-miss. I can go to one five guys and holy shit i love this burger and everyone else, and then the next five guys i see is extraordinarily bland.

On the topic of subway/quiznos, who else has been to a Firehouse Subs? I fucking love that place (i get a New York Steamer [reuben kinda] every time and it's amazing), yet i could only eat it when traveling because there were none near me. But then they opened a new one up near where i live, and i could see waterbomb's point - the food there was tasteless. But if you're lucky enough to live near a firehouse subs, you should check it out, you've got a good chance of being blown away by its awesome.

Steak N Shake is a great restaurant, yes, but it hardly counts as fast food.

Yeah Waterbomb Five Guys is still expanding, then and again so is subway somehow (there's more subways in the country than McDonald's).

I totally forgot about the Roy Rogers up the street from me, that place has been around for 20 something years and they're STILL the best fast food in the area (I think they're the only one left in New Jersey, idrk). There's also a Quickie-Roy Rogers at the Maryland House on I-95, but their food is really dependent on who they have working there at the time (and at 9 - 10 pm at night you get a good idea what I'm talking about).

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You're right about Maryland House, I don't trust any of the food places in those rest stops on 95. Not sure where in Jersey you are, but I think I saw a Roy Rogers up here in my area (North Brunswick). Couldn't tell you exactly where it is though. Unfortunately Roy Rogers was bought by McDonalds, so a lot of the old places have changed logos and the quality has gone down. There was a really good one out in Hagerstown though near where I went to college all those years ago.

Quiznos was great, but I think they just can't keep up with Subway's low prices. It's a shame, I liked the few I ate at.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
There are no Fuddruckers in the state of Washington. This is a terrible thing.

And no Pita Pits within 3 hours god damn anyone eat at Pita Pit?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)