[RMT] Zour Power

This team is very offensive, and the sets aren't unusual. This is definitely just a rough draft, and I'm hoping your intelligent thoughts and suggestions can fix this team to be able to do some real, consistent damage to the masses of Shoddy.

I'm looking for suggestions to help deal with the major threats, and major walls. (And I'm really wanting Jolteon and Heracross in the final team, in the end.)

Jolteon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Baton Pass
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

--- Effective lead most of the time. If I feel I'm against a scarfer, I'll switch to the appropriate "counter". But passing a sub to Gyarados, Garchomp, Infernape, are really handy. As 2 of the 3 can DD up without risk. The typical T-bolt and HP[Ice] has done well, and been effective.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 172 HP/216 Spd/120 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

--- Rapid Spin is a must, and some ice/water resists is good. Fast and strong enough to really finish off a good amount of pokemon. Not much to really say (You've heard it all before).

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 24 Atk/232 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Flamethrower

--- HP[Electric] Doesn't OHKO Gyarados, but it seems necessary. Just your standard Mixape really.

Garchomp (F) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

--- If I give this thing a sub, it generally does pretty well getting a Swords Dance off. Just another addition to the team, to tear up the opposing team.

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 212 HP/16 Atk/180 Def/100 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

--- Jolteon and Gyarados work hand in hand. Gyarados is really what does most of the work for this team, after a Jolteon pass, Gyra DD's, Taunts, and/or kills. Pretty much the most reliable thing on my team.

Heracross (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Guts
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

--- Scarfcross, surprising, effective, deadly. She usually cleans up the game for me, when needed. Choiced limits it, but it gets a few kills here and there, from just pure surprise. (From speed).

Comments/Concerns: This team is all sweepers, as you can see. And, I feel like it works decently on Shoddy. I really want to use Jolteon and Heracross. So, if you guys have suggestions on walls, or a good strat. to use, give me some info. The team does seem random as of now. But it's semi-effective. So.. let's beef this up to Shoddy Top 10 status.
The team lacks a status absorber, and really lacks a lot of things standard teams have :(

And no, my team cannot take hits. Lol.

Your whole team does look like its going to be walled by cresselia. I understand that heracross can do some decent damage to it, but it wont OHKO. May I suggest CB over CS? It's just my opinion.

It looks pretty solid. I wouldn't run Hidden Power Electric on Infernape. Grass knot 3HKO's it, with stealth rock up it 2HKO's. Also, I would add Surf/Thunderbolt on starmie, so you have a good MixApe counter and Gyarados counter.

Hope this helps!

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yanmega can really do a number on the majority of your team once it gets a Speed Boost under its belt. Bug Buzz takes out Starmie after a boost. Infernape and Heracross go down to Air Slash. If it carries Hypnosis, then you could be in a lot of trouble. Hidden Power Ice variants can take out Garchomp if it switches in on any other attack, or if you find yourself against Hidden Power Ground variant, Jolteon will find itself in trouble after passing a Substitute around.

Once Heracross is out of the game, you may have a fair bit of trouble with Life Orb Gengar. Though Jolteon is faster, it can't really switch in on Shadow Ball. In fact, nothing can really switch in, so when Gengar switches in, you could find yourself on the ropes.

I'd recommend considering Zapdos over Jolteon. It can pass Substitutes or Light Screens around if you need it too, and while it isn't as fast, it can switch in on Gengar and Yanmega's special attacks with impunity.

cs cross is the way to go because cb cross is to slow and easily beaten by infernape, if you want cross to be cs you should put night slash instead of pursuit it's stabbed and no need to predict the switch . For infernape hp electric to hp ice. I think maybe you should put a lucario on the team because life orbed lucario kills mostly anything under one swords dance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)