RMT Hail Team

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
So here it is, this Hail Team I thought of, tell me what you think!

This one will serve as a good lead, as the fact that it can destroy literally any lead. If a Roserade, or Breloom survive an Ice Punch, and spore me, Lum Berry will cure me. Bullet Punch KO'ing Aerodactyl...Payback destroying Azelf, all that good stuff.

Machamps can be a pain, Bullet Punching and junk, and fire types will be a pain to, so I'd thought, hey, why don't I get myself a Machamp counter? Slowbro works great with his HP and defence and what not, destroying Machamps.

With it's mighty defence, it can take advantage of Rest using Sleep Talk. If Sleep Talk hits Thunderbolt, it can take down most Water types. Talk about nifty. Blizzard can take down unlucky Grass types.

The main star of this team, setting up hail. It's normal SubSeeder set, leech seeding along with Substitute, giving me some extra health, while I provide a STAB Blizzard to take out most things.

Making itself a great partner with Abomasnow, this thing will be annoying to take out. Super Fang taking it down, and then Toxic stalling it to death will piss off anyone. With Ice Body, it takes advantage of Hail, plus Leftovers, giving it some health.

Fire types and Steel types can be annoying on a Hail team. Not only that but Tyranitar will bring up Sandstorm, making it hell for my Abomasnow, and Wallrein. Heatran's blazing speed can take out a Tyranitar with Earthpower. Fire types will give Heatran a free Flash Fire, making their Steel type teammates fail to Flamethrower.

Let's get on with everything else.

Machamp @Lum Berry
Ability: Guts
Nature: Careful
EVs: 164 HP/ 96 Atk/ 16 SpA/ 232 SpD
Moves:
Ice Punch
Payback
Dynamic Punch
Bullet Punch

He's here to take out any lead.

Slowbro @Leftovers
Abilitiy: Own Tempo
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpD
Moves:
Thunderwave
Ice Beam
Surf
Psychic

He's here to take out any Machamps or Fire Types who might interfere with my Hail team.

Rotom-F @Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/ 120 Def/ 136 SpD
Moves:
Blizzard
Thunderbolt
Rest
SleepTalk

He's for a super strong Blizzard, and to take out some Water types.

Abomasnow @Leftovers
Ability: Snow Warning
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 252 SpA
Moves:
Substitute
Leech Seed
Blizzard
FocusPunch

He's here to bring in Hail, the main part of my Hail team. It gets a powerful STAB Blizzard. Subtituting for a Leech Seed can help out my next Pokemon, Walrein.

Walrein @Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 220 HP/ 252 Def/ 36 SpD
Moves:
Toxic
Super Fang
Protect
Substitute

This guys pretty annoying for my opponent. He's going to stall to death with Toxic, getting more health back through Leech Seed, Ice Body taking up Hail, and Leftovers.

Heatran @Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Timid
IVs: 31 HP/ 2 Atk/ 31 Def/ 31 Spe/ 30 SpA/ 31 SpD
EVs: 252 Spe/ 252 SpA/ 4 SpD
Moves:
Flamethrower
Earthpower
DragonPulse
Hidden Power Grass

This guy absorbs any annoying Fire Type moves, and helps out Slowbro take out any threats to Abomasnow and Walrein.
=================================================================================================
Oof! This was pretty long to write. Feel free to reccomend anything!

Rate

First of all, you should not give your Heatran Jolly Nature. Jolly is +Speed, -Sp.Atk. I think you should use TImid which will give the same boost, but taking away Atk instead of Sp.Atk. Also, having better defensive IV's on your Heatran could help it aswell.

I'm not too farmilliar with Hail teams, but the teams I've fought against use Stallrien (Walrien) to great effect. I've also chatted with some of them and apparently Glaceon and Skarmory are contenders for a spot on your team. I'd reccomend swapping one of your Pkmn for

Walrien @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body
EV's: 220 HP / 252 Def / 36 SpD
-Substitute
-Protect
-Super Fang / Toxic / Blizard / Brine
-Super Fang / Toxic / Blizard / Brine

Basilcally you pick two of the last moves and stall you opponents to death. Super Fange lets you stall faster, so does toxic. Both are great options, however both are hazardos to have together due to taunt, so Blizzard and Brine both work as attacks. However since taunt generally ruins you anyway I reccomend Super Fang and Toxic in the last two slots.

As I said earlier I don't have too much expieriance with hail, but try out Stalrien.

Edit: Now I Will Rate

So Now,You Are Actually Doing a Hail Team And Infernape Does Make Holes In This Team,You Can Use Rotom-F As He Can Be Your Scizor Check Also Gyarados..Use Rotom > Froslass.

Use This Set:

Rotom @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Ev's:252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
~ Thunderbolt / Discharge
~ Blizzard
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk

You Actually Need A Anti Lead To Remove Ice Type Pokemon Counters...Infernape/Lucario Etc.

Use Machamp > Weavile
Althought You Loss Fake Out,This Lead Does Decent Job

Machamp@ Lum Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 164 HP / 96 Atk / 16 Spd / 232 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- DynamicPunch
- Payback
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch

Good Luck

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Only for Weavile? Or the rest of my team, I have to add a description on what it can do to other Pokemon?

shartruce

Chartreuse Charmanders/ US WEST 2015!
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
yea your heatran needs to be timid, as it's only using special moves, and jolly cuts sp atk, which isn't good, so timids the way to go.

also your heatran needs better ivs, you are using hp grass, so you should use IVs 31hp/2 atk/31 def/30 spatk/31 spdef/ 31 spe

also for weavile, he should be jolly because you're only using physical atks, and there's no need to cut weavile's defense, not like it matters anyways

abomasnow doesn't need icy rock, since abomasnow's ability makes permanent hail, so leftovers would be better.

for froslass, you should put in blizzard for ice beam, since blizzard has 100% accuracy in hail
you can also use this set for froslass, as it abuses its snow cloak ability and can be a real dick

Froslass @ leftovers
248 HP/228 Def/32 Spe
Substitute
Thunder Wave
Spikes
Blizzard/Ice Beam/Taunt

i've used this set on my hail team and it works really well

other than that, it's a good team

The max EV investment in one stat is 252. Every EV above that does nothing to increase your stats and you are essentially wasting four EVs that could raise a third stat by one point (there are always two extra EVs that don't actually do anything), as you will see if you look at the Pokemon analyses in the Strategy Pokedex. Seeing that you are new to Smogon, I would highly recommend you read this article.
There are several issues with this team, but my rate will focus on what I feel is one of the most important aspects of team-building, which is type synergy. Each of a Pokemon's weaknesses should be covered by another Pokemon's resistances.

You have too many Ice Pokemon on your team and not enough Fire, Fighting, Bug, Rock, and Steel resistances (all of which are pretty common attacking types in OU). Hail teams do not have to be Mono-Ice teams. The best way to mitigate this problem is of course by removing some of your Ice types and replacing them with Pokemon that contribute more synergetically for your team. For example, you could replace Weavile or Mamoswine with Swampert or Gliscor, who have several key resistances and the ability to set-up Stealth Rock, and replace Froslass with Rotom-A, who has better typing and bulkiness. Most successful Hail teams have two Ice types (typically Abomasnow and Walrein only), but if structured well enough, some can get away with three. The Art of Hail Stall is a very useful guide for people new to using Hail teams that should further expound upon the points I've tried to make here, as well as list some other Pokemon that you can use that have proven successful for Hail teams.

Good luck with your team and welcome to Smogon!

EDIT: Also, you should add descriptions for what each Pokemon does for your team (what its role is) and why you chose that particular Pokemon and moveset for your team. Check out the RMT Archive for what good RMTs should look like.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Also, with all the feedback I've been getting about this team, do I make a new thread when I've tested the ideas you guys told me?

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Also, with all the feedback I've been getting about this team, do I make a new thread when I've tested the ideas you guys told me?
No. If you make any changes to your team, simply edit them into your original post. There's no need to make a new thread :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)