{RMT} - Equipo Del Sol - Doubles

This is for Doubles. When I made this I had more of a PBR mind set, but it seems to work fine in standard doubles also. And the pairs can work with any two pokemon, this is just how I arranged them at first. Here's a wifi battle on D/P that I had with them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-DrvSvl1Mg

Pair Uno

Shiftry@Life Orb
Chylorophyl/Rash
148 Atk/252 SpAtt/104 Spe

Fake Out
Dark Pulse
Explosion
SolarBeam
The Double Battle Standard Shiftry. Fakes out the opponent who is most threatening while Dusk sets up Sunny Day. Then Explode.

Dusknoir@Leftovers / Lum Berry
Pressure/Careful
252 Hp/76 Def/180 SpDef

Sunny Day
Fire Punch
WoW
Pain Split
Provides for the sun and takes hit/wears down opponents as usual.

Pair Dos

Solrock@Leftovers
Levitate/Impish
252 HP/48 Atk/208 Def

Sunny Day
SEdge
EQuake
WoW/Explosion
Why wouldn't this guy be on the team? just look at it. He can take physical hits pretty well and when it's low on HP then explode in their faces while Ninetails protects. However right now I have WoW on it instead of explosion.

Ninetails@Wide Lens
Flash Fire/Timid
252 SpAtk/252 Spe/6 Hp

Protect
Hypnosis
Heat Wave
Nasty Plot
This guy has saved me so many times. Basically works the same as the standard single one works, but hits harder and two pokemon at once. Even if it's resistant to fire, one or two nasty plots does quite the damage.

Pair Tres

Cherrim@Heat Rock
Flower Gift/Modest
252 SpAtk/252 SpDef/6 Hp

Sunny Day
SolarBeam
Protect
HP(Ice)/Helping Hand
Another neccesity to any sunny day team, her sole purpose is really only to provide sun and attack when neccesary. People really underestimate what it can really do. It's flower gift ability is extremely helpful.

Arcanine@Life Orb
Intimidate/Jolly
252 Atk/252 Spe/6 HP
ExtremeSpeed
Iron Tail
Flare Blitz
Thunder Fang
And now it brings us to Cherrim's main counterpart. The real powerhouse of the team. Let me just say that Cherrim's flower gift ability gives Arcanine the power to knock out weak pokemon such as weavile, etc. in one blow with extremespeed. And what Flare Blitz can do is just ridiculous.
More videos of them if you were intersted: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=F839627762CDFB98

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Looks like a real solid Sunny Day team. Thanks for including the battle video. It's always helpful to see a team in action before doing a rate.

I don't have too much to say. Your team already has great synergy. You're making good use of Flower Gift with Solrock and Arcanine. I could suggest some different EV spreads, but they wouldn't necessarily be better; they'd just be different.

If you find you're having trouble with opponents putting Dusknoir to sleep, you could give it a Lum Berry. Shiftry should probably take care of that most of the time, but if you fight a lot of Crobat, it could help. Dusknoir does have Pain Split for recovery, so it wouldn't be completely unable to restore HP.

I'm also a bit surprised not to see SolarBeam on either of your Fire-types, especially Ninetales. I guess you don't have much room for it on your set. You need Protect if you want to take Explosions, etc. without losing your Nasty Plot boosts. It's something to consider, though, if you find you're not using one of your other moves very often.

Yup, this is a solid team. You also get big style points for using a Sunny Day team. This is the first good Doubles Sunny Day team that has been posted to this forum, at least as far as I can remember. PM me if you'd like to have a match. I find I give better rates after I've battled a team personally.

EDIT: Also, great team name.

Looks like a real solid Sunny Day team. Thanks for including the battle video. It's always helpful to see a team in action before doing a rate.

I don't have too much to say. Your team already has great synergy. You're making good use of Flower Gift with Solrock and Arcanine. I could suggest some different EV spreads, but they wouldn't necessarily be better; they'd just be different.

If you find you're having trouble with opponents putting Dusknoir to sleep, you could give it a Lum Berry. Shiftry should probably take care of that most of the time, but if you fight a lot of Crobat, it could help. Dusknoir does have Pain Split for recovery, so it wouldn't be completely unable to restore HP.

I'm also a bit surprised not to see SolarBeam on either of your Fire-types, especially Ninetales. I guess you don't have much room for it on your set. You need Protect if you want to take Explosions, etc. without losing your Nasty Plot boosts. It's something to consider, though, if you find you're not using one of your other moves very often.

Yup, this is a solid team. You also get big style points for using a Sunny Day team. This is the first good Doubles Sunny Day team that has been posted to this forum, at least as far as I can remember. PM me if you'd like to have a match. I find I give better rates after I've battled a team personally.

EDIT: Also, great team name.
Thanks for the compliments. :)

About the EVs: I had actually started to read your guide on double battling yesterday(I haven't finished reading it yet) and I remember seeing the part about the EVing them differently than in singles, but I don't think I've been in depth enough in doubles to determine what would be good enough. Is there something that you had in mind for that?

About Solarbeam: Like you said I may need another solarbeam user, and I had originally had solarbeam on Ninetails, but I changed it b/c I found she was fainting too quickly and I haven't had too many problems with water types since I can just put them to sleep. But I will consider that as well.

Others: I will definitely consider Lum Berry as that would be another great choice to avoid not being able to set up Sunny day adn avoid using tons of leftovers.

That would be fun to battle you sometime, I actually started as a double battler, but since singles is so much more popular I gradually fell into the singles side. Also your guide was very helpful.

This is one of the best Double Teams I have seen it actually works well together. Anyone else think Shoddy needs a Double Battle Simulator?

I really liked the video. I was concerned that your starters would be walled terribly by Heatran, but who knows. I liked how you increased Ninetales' damage with Fire Punch (I know nothing of doubles). If that is sometimes the case, should you consider it with Arcanine? Intimidate is awesome, but he seems slightly fragile to bring in just for that, when he can use the boost.

Btw, my advise might be useless, I'm not that good. Take it with a grain of salt.

I really liked the video. I was concerned that your starters would be walled terribly by Heatran, but who knows. I liked how you increased Ninetales' damage with Fire Punch (I know nothing of doubles). If that is sometimes the case, should you consider it with Arcanine? Intimidate is awesome, but he seems slightly fragile to bring in just for that, when he can use the boost.

Btw, my advise might be useless, I'm not that good. Take it with a grain of salt.
Well since they're are a lot of EarthQuake users in doubles (possibly more than singles since it affects all pokemon on the field), I find that intimidate works better to help weaken their power. And most, if not all, Rock moves are physical too so that helps.

And I need the boost from Cherrim's Flower Gift ability since it packs more power than a fire punch used on it.

Wouldn't a taunting Crobat totally shut down your starters? Fake out can't flinch it so it can taunt Dusknoir in the first and OHKO Shiftry in the second turn.

And without Sunny Day, you're pretty much done.

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
A Taunt Crobat is not an easy thing to deal with for any setup team. It's not the end of the world here, though. The Shiftry can just explode on turn one and either Solrock or Cherrim can take over Sunny Day duties. It's not a perfect solution, but I'd say it's good enough. It's better than doing a massive restructuring of an otherwise great team and sacrificing a lot of good synergy just to deal with one Pokémon, however common that Pokémon may be.

I was linked to this...

I am curious... Wouldn't Infernape be better than Arcanine?

Faster, isn't weak to Stealth Rock, has Mach Punch and Fake-out if you need Priority and can abuse a better moveset.

Just a thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)