Reuniclus The Squishy Terror

Hello fellow smogoners! 'Tis Griff with a team for you to rate + critique.
Team Building Process
The idea of this team came from wanting to use a cool Pokemon... Reuniclus
I obviously needed to support this thing, I thought of the perfect thing, a Quagsire! With Unaware, this thing becomes a monster. A toxic stalling set can weaken Reunicluses counters too!
I knew I needed to add some form of entry hazards to the team. Skarmory can take away Quagsire's only and rare weakness, grass, and set up and whirlwind away.
I needed a special wall, that can synchronize with Reuniclus' typing. Chansey (although annoying) was the perfect fit, who's only weakness is fighting, which is covered by Reuniclus perfectly.
] I now needed some pokemon to clean up the mess, as in late game sweep. I first chose a Terrakion, who is a really cool set up poke. I now needed another one, why not Thundurus? I want the chance to use it effectively before it turns uber!
Thus, the team was born... or technically graphically created by my genius fingers and toes with the helps of PO. That's beside the point, onto the team!

THE TEAM IN-DEPTH

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
This guy can cause some SERIOUS (not the nature timid all the way) for my opponents, after a Nasty Plot. Thunderbolt for obvious STAB reasons, a base 95 power move with perfect accuracy can never hurt (unless your talking about the other team, they'll get owned). Hidden Power Ice to kill dragons and those pesky grass-types that get in the way of me blasting off T-bolts at my foes. Focus blast for steel types that can't get hit my t-bolt. *cough excadrill you annoy me and suck cough* I really only have problems with starmie and scarfers with this thing, it outspeeds and KOes a lot. :) for starmie I just switch to chansey anyways, I could switch to quag, if he's choiced, and start setting up, but chansey is the safer option.

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
Terrakion is perfect! With adamant he hits a 392 attack stat, and after a RP, he has blazing speed to compliment it, excellent STAB coverage as well! Not much else to say except watch out, he can sweep even without a RP, just gotta be careful of opposing Terrakion's or people that are within like 5 speed of me, because they'll most likely outspeed. Close combat is one of the best STAB move in the game! PERIOD! Stone edge compliment's it so well. :) I can't say enough. Swords Dance boosts my attack so high, it's nice, I like him because he doesn't need weather to sweep, like Excadrill... terrakion is just a great pokemon overall.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Softboiled
Chansey is part of my Reuni supporting core. Aromatherapy is great incase I get statused or something, my whole team is healed. Seismic toss to actually do damage while walling the special out of special attackers. :P T-wave is to obviously aid my sweep with Reuni + other pokes, and softboiled is so I can recover the precious health so that I can grasp onto life long enough to cripple the opponents Pokemon. Standard EV spread is standard. I could run wish, I need your opinions here.

Skarmory (M) @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
My main man! Skarm! How's it going! Remember Gen 3? Yeah no one gives a shit anymore! This is Gen 5! Anyways, spikes and stealth rock are to break all sashes, and to cause damage and once again
aid me getting a Reuni sweep. yeahhhhh... I have roost, i could run BB though. I'm not sure, I would like some input. Whirlwind is to stop setup sweeping caused by my opponents, and to rack up a little more entry damage, which is always nice.

Quagsire (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Toxic
- Stockpile
- Waterfall
- Recover
Before 2011, I was Unaware of how many people were Unaware of Unaware, (say that 6,000,029,508,250 times fast. :D) People continuously set up on me, as I stockpile a couple times and proceed to toxic stall them into death. It's amazing what this 4th gen Swampert wannabe can do in today's metagame, I just love this guy. I haven't thought of a decent nickname, but believe me, I will. Waterfall for STAB and to just do damage to stuff in conjunction with toxic stalling if need be.
EV spread to be mixed bulky. Sporting 394 HP 254 defense and 205 sp. defense, if you don't have any grass moves and I get a few Stockpiles up, you're toast.

Reuniclus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SAtk
Bold Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Recover
Will the real Reuniclus please stand up! Please stand up! Please stand up! Well sorry Eminem he doesn't need to stand up or have legs to do well in OU. Calm Mind with Recover can let me get some great boosts. Psychic + Focus blast has good coverage, I just get walled by psychics, although after 2-3 CMs, I can 2hko everything. With 383 Sp. Attack BEFORE any boosting, this Squishy guy is a true force to be reckoned with. EV spread for being physically bulky a little. I do happen to get walled by Sabyleye and Spirtiomb ahah. I need to make sure I KO with thundrus or quag or terrakion first.

Well that's it. That was my latest project, I would really appreciate if you took time to rate at the team, and thank you. :) God bless and Griff is OUT!

A LAST LOOK AT THE TEAM

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Just some small nitpicks... You should really replace one of your hazards on Skarm for a Brave Bird. That Skarmory is Taunt bait and since it's slow, there's really no avoiding it. Also replace Pyschic on Reuniclus with Shadow Ball. Focus Blast/Shadow ball has perfect coverage, hitting everything with neutral or SE damage (baring hericross/toxicroak iirc)

gl!

Just some small nitpicks... You should really replace one of your hazards on Skarm for a Brave Bird. That Skarmory is Taunt bait and since it's slow, there's really no avoiding it. Also replace Pyschic on Reuniclus with Shadow Ball. Focus Blast/Shadow ball has perfect coverage, hitting everything with neutral or SE damage (baring hericross/toxicroak iirc)

gl!
Thanks! I'll test out brave bird. Also I pretty sure I need a stab move, I'm gonna see what more people say, but I'll test these out.
Tanks for the rate!

I don't think brave bird is up to par, shadow ball works good though.
I still want more opinions. :)

I would give reuniclus max hp instead of spa because that is one of the reasons the set is so good, latios/as are really the only huge things that you have coverage problems with and unless they are CM it doesn't matter to much. I'm pretty sure chansey learns rocks, pit it over aromatherapy unless status Is that deadly to your team. Skarmory does need brave bird so it is not complete taunt bait and it will help you.

I would give reuniclus max hp instead of spa because that is one of the reasons the set is so good, latios/as are really the only huge things that you have coverage problems with and unless they are CM it doesn't matter to much. I'm pretty sure chansey learns rocks, pit it over aromatherapy unless status Is that deadly to your team. Skarmory does need brave bird so it is not complete taunt bait and it will help you.
I have Brave Bird, you must've misread my post. :)

I do have a small nitpick, simply that your team doesn't deal with two of Reuniclus's biggest counters/switch-ins, Scizor and Latias. Ironically, the pokemon in your avatar deals nicely with both of those, though without rapid spin support he might not do too well on this team. Just throwing some ideas out there!

I do have a small nitpick, simply that your team doesn't deal with two of Reuniclus's biggest counters/switch-ins, Scizor and Latias. Ironically, the pokemon in your avatar deals nicely with both of those, though without rapid spin support he might not do too well on this team. Just throwing some ideas out there!
Hmmmm... I could add a volcarona in here, but who would I replace it with? The syngergy on my team is great, no?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)