Reuniclus (Choice Specs) [QC 2/3] (Unwritten)

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion

dying fetus n____n

Choice Specs
########
name: Choice Specs
move 1: Future Sight
move 2: Psychic
move 3: Focus Blast
move 4: Shadow Ball
ability: Regenerator
item: Choice Specs
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Nature: Modest

Moves
========
  • Future Sight demolishes everything that isn't a Dark- or Steel-type (or Slowking), while also going through Protect and Substitute.
  • Psychic packs less power than Future Sight but hits right away, allowing Reuniclus to clean up once the opposing team is weakened.
  • Focus Blast covers Dark- and Steel-types, hitting them hard on the switch.
  • Shadow Ball hits both Doublade and Spiritomb hard, and has decent neutral coverage overall.
  • Trick can be used over any of the coverage moves, but this set already fares well enough against stall, to the point where extra measures are barely required.
Set Details
========
  • Standard EV spread, Special Attack offers the needed power to break through teams.
  • HP makes Reuniclus a fine check against some Pokemon, such as Cobalion, as well as naturally beefier.
  • Regenerator is chosen over Magic Guard because of this set's "hit and run" nature, which means it'll be switching in and out a lot, so Magic Guard's protection is not as useful as it is on other sets.
Usage Tips
========
  • This set has a very hit-and-run-ish nature, mostly coming in to use Future Sight and then switching out.
  • It puts heavy amounts of pressure on stall teams, and with the proper teammates, it's not uncommon for it to put those teams on checkmate.
  • It really benefits from surprise factor, but even after its set has been found out, it can still lure common switches and putting pressure on the opposition.
  • Despite all of the perks it has, incorrect usage of Future Sight causes momentum losses (especially against teams with dark-types), so that should be taken into account when fitting it onto a team.
  • Against offense, where Future Sight's utility is less required, it can still tank some hits and strike back with its Choice Specs-boosted moves.
Team Options
========
  • Pokemon that benefit from the holes Reuniclus punches through defensive teams in order to clean up, such as Sharpedo, as well as those who can scare away Psychic-types resists.
  • Bulky Pokemon, especially those can force out Dark-types, such as Cobalion, since Reuniclus, despite its sheer power, causes big momentum losses (as mentioned previously) when using Future Sight.
  • Spiritomb and Dugtrio can trap the opponent's main answers against Future Sight, such as Steel-types, Slowking, and Dark-types such as Drapion.
  • It's self sufficient to the point of not requiring dedicated hazard removal, but due to the amount of pressure it puts, it goes really well with entry hazards of its own.

Last edited:

SlottedPig

sem feio
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I don't doubt that this set can be effective but is it worthy of being used over slowking, who can pull off a similar set with more key resists as well as STAB scald and the option to use fire blast over focus blast if you don't care about sharpedo? Reuniclus' SpA is quite a bit higher than slowking's but I'm not sure that alone merits its use when slowking's ability to check moltres and delphox is so pivotal in this metagame.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
In usage tips, I would really like to stress out how Reuniclus is extremely pressured when the opponent has a Dark-type Pokemon, to the point where it's almost useless. You can Focus Blast on the switch, but what if they don't switch? And if you use Future Sight you basically give them a free switch, same goes to Shadow Ball and Psyshock. This makes Pokemon like Drapion, Skuntank, Spiritomb, and even Sharpedo a lot more threatening. It's extremely important these mons are taken care of before Reuniclus can do any work, and I'd like that to be stressed more tbh. That's what I discovered when I used Specs Reuniclus.

Also, again in usage tips, mention how it can pressure opps by clicking Future Sight then switching into a threat that forces your opp to switch into a counter... and get rekt by Future Sight.

otherwise solid work :o

not qc tho

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
looks pretty solid, i've seen this set be p. effective firsthand.

QC Approved 1/3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)