SM UU Remodeled... Remodeled Hyper Offense (Peak 1500+)

INTRO

I'd like to start off by saying that the last time I truly played competitively before now was in Gen 4 (and just a bit in Gen 5). For this reason, I am not all that confident about posting this team, since I'm sure it has a number of issues (which obviously I'm hoping some of you can help me with!) higher up in the ladder.

However, against the teams I am playing currently (1400 - 1600~), it seems to rampage through everything in it's path with little effort. The vast majority of games I lose, I feel like I've misplayed horribly, and it's no fault of the team itself.​

BACKGROUND

Probably the most fun part of the competitive scene for me is teambuilding, so when I returned to the game, I made perhaps an ill-advised decision of making my own squad. Unfortunately, I played exclusively OU in the past, but I am the type of person who prefers to use Mons I actually enjoy, or at least find tolerable. Really not a fan of Ultra-Beasts, and so I decided to get into UU first, as right now it has Pokes I'm most familiar with, from Gens 4 & 5.

I made a few balanced teams, using this incredibly helpful post (treating the checks & counters section as my bible, since I had / have no idea what I am doing), in order to learn the ropes of the game today.

Needless to say, I was losing a ton the first few days. Some of the teams I made I actually think are pretty good, but my play was atrocious - so I lost the vast majority of my games after an initial win-streak.

Once I felt somewhat of a grasp of the game again I decided to make some "real" teams, the latest of which is what this RMT is about.

ETERNAL'S HYPER OFFENSE

As the title of the RMT suggests, this team was based on the 'Remodeled Hyper Offense' team (OU) made by Eternal back in the day. Here are his own thought processes and explanations for anyone interested.

Now, as i said in the previous section, I did still want to make my own team, so I just took inspiration and ideas behind the build (Volt-Turn, Priority, and everything else for the goal of building an absurd amount of momentum), and hopefully made it my own. I suppose it is probably a fairly standard philosophy behind offensive teams nowadays, but still - it's special in my heart :heart:

So here we go:

TEAMBUILDING PROCESS

@ Sharpedonite

I was going to use Mega Sharpedo no matter what. For some reason, it seemed like a fun Pokemon to use (I wasn't wrong).

After checking the 'team options' section in the analysis, it mentioned that Mega Sharpedo fits best on offensive teams. I thought about Eternal's videos, and decided to try and replicate that for Gen 7 UU, with Sharpedo as my main late-game sweeper

@ Choice Band

Scizor has been a staple of my teams since I started playing competitively, with the CB Scizor being my favourite set.

Seeing as by this point I was already basing my squad on the Remodeled Hyper Offense team, It was a pretty easy decision, as it fits both of the core principles behind the team, as well as reliably handles some of the core threats in UU that Sharpedo struggles with (Clefable, Togekiss etc.).

@ Choice Specs

I needed someone to complete the mini Volt-Turn core, and aside from Rotom, Raikou is really the only viable Volt-Switch user who can actually threaten an OHKO with Volt-Switch, in addition to building momentum.

Banded Scizor and Specs Raikou put so much pressure on most teams early-mid game, that it often leads to some seriously dangerous (over)predictions by the opponent, as well as some entertainment.

Raikou is also an excellent partner for Scizor, as it can come in after the U-Turn on most of the bulky or tanky water types that are common switch ins, continuing the Volt-Turn chain, or heavily chunking Swampert / Gastrodon with HP Grass. Scizor can in turn come in on Latias, Celebi, Decidueye and others.

@ Firium Z

Infernape is the secondary sweeper on the team, during the mid-game he is here to handle Pokemon like Kyurem and Blissey, as well as serve as a revenge killer. His wallbreaking capability is fairly decent, as Inferno Overdrive should chunk pretty much anything that doesn't resist it, or isn't a physical wall.

If he is not needed early, he is there to back Sharpedo's sweep, either eliminating or severely weakening anything that can take on Mega Sharpedo, as they do not share many common counters.

@ Flame Orb

After making a list of remaining unchecked threats, Conkeldurr seemed to be the one who can most effectively glue the team together overall, as well as handle most Gliscor variants, which my team struggles with, as I opted for HP Grass on Raikou. This does make the team pretty weak to birds, however in practice I found that not to be a problem at all (again, that may change higher up the ladder).

Conkeldurr is also the only one who can potentially save the game if the momentum has been snapped, since he can hard switch comfortably and take all but the most powerful neutral hits well.

I am still not sure if the flame orb set is the most effective one here, but in practice it seems to be the one with the most consistency in establishing lost momentum / securing it.

@ Focus Sash

This one is pretty self explanatory, Azelf is here to prevent the opponent from setting up hazards, set up it's own and die.

I've found that the most common answer to this is Taunt Aerodactyl, so in cases where the opposing team is running one, I usually lead Scizor and U-Turn out into Azelf. This has not burned me yet, as they are too afraid of over-predicting and being OHKO'd with Bullet Punch.

DETAILS

Steph (Sharpedo) (M) @ Sharpedonite
Ability:
Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs:
0 SpA
- Protect
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Psychic Fangs

- Sharpedo is almost always the last switch I make in games I win.

- I decided to rock Waterfall instead of Ice Fang, as my team can handle grass types and flying types as is, and not using a secondary stab is really hard to justify. Plus, missing an Ice Fang would really piss me off. This is also partially the reason I decided to go with a physical Infernape set, instead of the Nasty Plot one, but I'll get into that later.

- Psychic Fangs is an amazing coverage move (Keldeo, Amoonguss), able to secure sweeps when otherwise they would fail.

Dray (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability:
Technician
Adamant Nature
IVs:
0 SpA
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

- I was thinking of using an offensive Swords Dance variant at first, but since Scizor is almost always 'hit & run' for the majority of the game, I went with the Choice Band. It does feel awkward to have U-Turn take up a move slot on SD Scizor, leaving you with just Bullet Punch once set up, unless he is the last mon standing or doesn't run Roost.

- Pursuit is mainly ran for Latias, an extremely common switch for Raikou in my experience.

Klay (Raikou) @ Choice Specs
Ability:
Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs:
0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Grass]

- For reasons explained above (obvious), there was no chance of running a Sub/CM or a Ghostium Z set, leaving me with Specs and Scarf as options.

- I am still very torn on this. There are still plenty of situations I face where a Scarf would be incredibly useful over Specs, but I do not like using entirely novelty sets which aren't mentioned in the analysis as there must be a reason for that, due to the amount of work going into them.

In practice though, I noticed the advantages would be very comparable to running Specs. The reason I am considering the Choice Specs version as the main one is because of the crazy pressure a Band/Specs Volt-Turn combo can put on a team. The number of times Raikou chunked something just hard enough for another member of my team to come in and either OHKO or comfortably win a 1v1 is too many to count.

- Hidden Power [Grass] is chosen mainly to deal with Quagsire and Swampert, seeing as non Sub/Protect Gliscor is handled by Conkeldurr.

There is a problem with this however, in that if you send Raikou out against a Swampert, they will know something's up. Normally when this happens, I 'double bluff' by taking Raikou out on the expected switch, hopefully tricking them into staying in the next time.

This does backfire sometimes though, against particularly careful players, so Hidden Power [Ice] is definitely an option, but that means Swampert will be harder to deal with, and an Unaware Quagsire will be a nightmare.

- Extrasensory is another choice I would like some specific input on. My reasoning for this is that Scizor can handle most common Psychic types pretty well, and Extrasensory is a useful thing to have on a predicted Amoonguss switch in. Not really sure it matters that much, but still.

Iggy (Infernape) (M) @ Firium Z
Ability:
Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs:
0 SpA
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch

- Swords Dance & Firium Z Infernape is something that could potentially be replaced with a Nasty Plot version, doing essentially the same things most of the time and having the option of another special sweeper. The problem is that I as a player am very hesitant to click on moves like Fire Blast, so I decided to go with SD for peace of mind.

- Firium Z is an effective wallbreaking tool in order to keep momentum and chunk switches that think they are totally safe, sometimes forcing them to either heal, switch or die allowing you to keep up the pressure.

- Electrium Z is an option (Mach Punch > T-Punch) to destroy Primarina and other water types, but I found that in most other cases the power of an Inferno Overdrive makes up for it pretty consistently anyway. Additionally, Mach Punch is extremely useful after an SD on the switch, allowing you to destroy certain unsuspecting Scarfers (Hydreigon) and proceed with the sweep.

Zaza (Conkeldurr) (M) @ Flame Orb
Ability:
Guts
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs:
0 SpA
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

- Flame Orb's extra juice allows Conk to perform as an emergency momentum grabber, as barely any thing I've faced so far in UU can tank it's hits for more than a few turns. Several times actually, he was the one to secure the game, weakening the opposing team and often taking out multiple threats. Potentially the MVP of the team, if Sharpedo wasn't so good.

I doubt another set can work much better, but I'm definitely open to suggestions.

- Knock Off is mainly for crippling defensive Pokemon seeking to halt the momentum, as well as stroking ghost types.

- Ice Punch I feel is absolutely required here, unless there are suggestions of HP Ice on Raikou, otherwise Gliscor could damn near 6-0 my team.

Shaun (Azelf) @ Focus Sash
Ability:
Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Knock Off

- There really isn't much to say here at all. Taunt, Rocks, Battlestar Galactica ;)

- Knock off is for ghost types that switch in expecting an Explosion.

REPLAYS

I forgot about replays before posting the RMT, so I'm going to make them as I play games now. I'll try to include some meaningful losses as well (not when I just misplay, but when any weakness of the team is highlighted)

An example of how great Mega Sharpedo is.
Looked like the game was over as my opponent got a nearly perfect opener, but M-Sharpedo came through and 5-0'd the team.

How vulnerable the team is to strong wallbreakers.
My bulkiest Pokemon got one-shot by (what I would hope is) a specs Volcanion.
I did misplay here, as there was absolutely no reason to go for Waterfall when I am predicting a switch, but the main reason I am posting the replay happened prior to that anyway.

PROS & CONS

Pros:
Quick games
Engaging
Solid against the meta, at least at lower-mid rankings
Unpredictable at times
Cons:
Prediction reliant
Punishing
Probably (only played against 4-5) bad against stall
Possibly not great against opposing hyper-offensive teams (small sample size again)

THREATS

Sometimes Primarina can be hard to switch into. Nearly every member of the team will be threatened to be OHKO'd with a correct prediction from the opponent, or nearly OHKO'd by a random Hydro Pump.
(Usually the team can handle it without casualties or 1 at the most, due to the Volt-Turn shenanigans)

Unless you can predict everything correctly, Scarf Hydreigon will be able to deal with a lot of the team, making it the biggest threat along with Primarina, as they both wall Sharpedo.

Gliscor (along with most ground types really) can be a huge pain if Conk isn't available to deal with it. Primarily because there is nothing else you can do about it, and also since he ends the Volt-Turn.

If the Gliscor is a Sub / Protect set - say goodbye. Unless your opponent does not realise that it walls the whole team, or Sharpedo can come in at full health and start sweeping, that's probably game.

I've had the pleasure of going against this unholy combo straight from hell a couple times, I did win one of the two, but that was solely because of my opponents mistake in letting both of the Unaware users faint early on (over-predictions).

CONCLUSION

Overall I find this team extremely fun to play, and feel like I have a chance against any team provided I don't make too many mistakes.

I gained about 250 elo using just this team in a short amount of time, so it's fine for my purposes right now, but doesn't mean can't be way better.

Proof of Peak

Since the team has went through very few iterations after the first pass I am certain there are a lot of improvements and fine tuning that can be done with suggestions from some veteran UU players.

Anyway, I hope I did this correctly and did not write too much or too little.

Thank you for reading & any suggestions

Steph (Sharpedo) (M) @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Protect
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Psychic Fangs

Dray (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Klay (Raikou) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Iggy (Infernape) (M) @ Firium Z
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch

Zaza (Conkeldurr) (M) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Shaun (Azelf) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Knock Off

Last edited:
Hey nice team!
I assume you are a gsw fan from looking at the nicknames.
I would personally put ice fang over waterfall because you will be able to cover gliscor better and then get the strong jaw boost.
Other then that, its great!

Hey nice team!
I assume you are a gsw fan from looking at the nicknames.
I would personally put ice fang over waterfall because you will be able to cover gliscor better and then get the strong jaw boost.
Other then that, its great!
Hey

Yes I am a fan! Surprised somebody even caught that :D

Thanks for the suggestion, that's definitely something I'll be thinking about. My problem with it is I really don't want to send out Sharpedo before I'm ready to end the game.
Meaning that at best It would be a Gliscor revenge killer, since Ice Fang doesn't even OHKO with SR damage, so I would have to actually Mega Evolve and lose the speed boosting... Could be worth it though I don't know, I'll try it out for a while.

Hey,
nice team you got there, I noticed you have difficulty with gliscor as you pointed out
i would switch HP Grass<HP Ice on raikou. BoltBeam coverage is just too good to pass up, even if now you miss quagsire/swampert
to remedy this, i would change infernape to Life Orb and put in Grass Knot> Swords Dance. This will take care of quag/swamp while providing max firepower.
even if you lose your sweeper, grass knot provides better coverage for your team, and your team hits hard and fast enough that it shouldn't pose much of a problem.
just my suggestions, have fun with the team :]

Hey,
nice team you got there, I noticed you have difficulty with gliscor as you pointed out
i would switch HP Grass<HP Ice on raikou. BoltBeam coverage is just too good to pass up, even if now you miss quagsire/swampert
to remedy this, i would change infernape to Life Orb and put in Grass Knot> Swords Dance. This will take care of quag/swamp while providing max firepower.
even if you lose your sweeper, grass knot provides better coverage for your team, and your team hits hard and fast enough that it shouldn't pose much of a problem.
just my suggestions, have fun with the team :]
Hey

Thanks for the suggestion. I am assuming that if I'm going to go that route you want me to change Infernape to Mixed (or Nasty Plot)? In that case, should I go for Gunk Shot, or Mach Punch?

I feel Mach Punch would be too weak without full investment, so I'll try out Gunk Shot first.

I'll run this for a bit to see how it goes

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability:
Blaze
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Overheat
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Gunk Shot

Edit:
Started to update with some replays in case anyone is interested.
Edit 2 : Decided to change back to HP Grass and the old Infernape. I think I may need to swap him out to another Pokemon entirely, since my team really missed the setup & priority. Zygarde - 10% maybe? With extreme speed & DD?

Last edited:
Yo guys, I would still like some input on the team, so I'm going to bump this. I've been playing a lot of OU & RU, so the team has pretty much stayed the same. If anybody comes across this I'd love to hear some suggestions.

(I've been told by a mod that I'm allowed to bump this once)

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Helloooo

So, I played with the team for a while. I really enjoyed using it but there are some changed that if you apply, I believe could make the team even better.

Firstly, you said you are a bit weak to opposing HOs.

• Magic Coat > Knock Off on Azelf seems like a better option. It will make your matchup against opposing HOs way better, making you not have to rely on the Taunt speedtie against other Azelf leads or just auto lose against Aerodactyl leads. The idea behind Magic Coat Azelf is to bounce back the opposing lead's Taunt and proceed to set-up your own Stealth Rock while your opponents are forced to switch out if it wants to get up their hazards. This replay exactly shows why I feel that Magic Coat is superior to Knock Off on lead Azelf. By the way, I don't know if that's on purpose but Azelf has Naive nature and has no special attacking moves.
Secondly, you said you are a bit weak to stall.
  • Facade > Ice Punch on Conkeldurr should do the trick. Flame Orb Conkeldurr's matchup is so great against stall. Facade 2HKOs Clefable and Quagsire with ease, which also makes Mega Sharpedo and Scizor more threatening after Conkeldurr Facades the stall player's Clefable and/or Quagsire. I haven't had a match versus stall by far but in theory it should work, just play smart and don't let the opponent knock off your Flame Orb.
Adding to those suggestions... I have made a lot of HOs since the beginning of SUMO UU and for me, the following team structure works the best: Suicide Lead / Wallbreaker / Setup Sweeper / Setup Sweeper / Setup Sweeper or Wallbreaker / Cleaner. Your team has three wallbreakers and only one setup sweeper, thus I highly recommend you applying the following change:
  • Life Orb > Choice Band and Swords Dance > Pursuit, Bug Bite > U-turn on Scizor. This should also make your matchup against opposing HOs better (as you can see here).
That's it by far. If you have further questions, feel free to PM / VM / quote me. Have a good day!

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Magic Coat

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Psychic Fangs

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost / Superpower

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Grass] / Hidden Power [Ice]

Infernape @ Firium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Mach Punch

Helloooo

So, I played with the team for a while. I really enjoyed using it but there are some changed that if you apply, I believe could make the team even better.

Firstly, you said you are a bit weak to opposing HOs.

• Magic Coat > Knock Off on Azelf seems like a better option. It will make your matchup against opposing HOs way better, making you not have to rely on the Taunt speedtie against other Azelf leads or just auto lose against Aerodactyl leads. The idea behind Magic Coat Azelf is to bounce back the opposing lead's Taunt and proceed to set-up your own Stealth Rock while your opponents are forced to switch out if it wants to get up their hazards. This replay exactly shows why I feel that Magic Coat is superior to Knock Off on lead Azelf. By the way, I don't know if that's on purpose but Azelf has Naive nature and has no special attacking moves.
Secondly, you said you are a bit weak to stall.
  • Facade > Ice Punch on Conkeldurr should do the trick. Flame Orb Conkeldurr's matchup is so great against stall. Facade 2HKOs Clefable and Quagsire with ease, which also makes Mega Sharpedo and Scizor more threatening after Conkeldurr Facades the stall player's Clefable and/or Quagsire. I haven't had a match versus stall by far but in theory it should work, just play smart and don't let the opponent knock off your Flame Orb.
Adding to those suggestions... I have made a lot of HOs since the beginning of SUMO UU and for me, the following team structure works the best: Suicide Lead / Wallbreaker / Setup Sweeper / Setup Sweeper / Setup Sweeper or Wallbreaker / Cleaner. Your team has three wallbreakers and only one setup sweeper, thus I highly recommend you applying the following change:
  • Life Orb > Choice Band and Swords Dance > Pursuit, Bug Bite > U-turn on Scizor. This should also make your matchup against opposing HOs better (as you can see here).
That's it by far. If you have further questions, feel free to PM / VM / quote me. Have a good day!

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Magic Coat

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Psychic Fangs

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost / Superpower

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Grass] / Hidden Power [Ice]

Infernape @ Firium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Mach Punch
This is great! Thanks so much :)

Definitely will be adding Magic Coat to Azelf, I didn't really even think about that. Certainly would help with opposing Azelf's, I don't think I've seen one use that in UU yet.

About Conk's Facade - I do often find myself in need of a more powerful move to hit something for neutral when Fighting is resisted (particularly against Clef as you've said), but I think getting rid of Ice Punch might leave me too weak against Gliscor etc. unless I change the HP to Ice on Raikou. I will be trying it out anyway, as Facade does sound really tasty, not just against stall but some bulkier balance teams too - do you think keeping Ice Punch and getting rid of Knock Off could work as well?

As far as going with an SD Scizor, I've found with the way I play the team, that the immediate power of CB is a big part of the pressure that the team can often kick out. To be totally honest, I think I just really prefer it because It's my favourite set, and it's not really viable in OU anymore, so this is the only place I get to use it :(

Anyway, I'm for sure going to be trying all of these out, probably even SD Scizor. Now that I think back on it, Facade could've saved me so many times...

Thanks for the help! I'll update the OP after I play with the changes for a bit.

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This is great! Thanks so much :)

Definitely will be adding Magic Coat to Azelf, I didn't really even think about that. Certainly would help with opposing Azelf's, I don't think I've seen one use that in UU yet.

About Conk's Facade - I do often find myself in need of a more powerful move to hit something for neutral when Fighting is resisted (particularly against Clef as you've said), but I think getting rid of Ice Punch might leave me too weak against Gliscor etc. unless I change the HP to Ice on Raikou. I will be trying it out anyway, as Facade does sound really tasty, not just against stall but some bulkier balance teams too - do you think keeping Ice Punch and getting rid of Knock Off could work as well?

As far as going with an SD Scizor, I've found with the way I play the team, that the immediate power of CB is a big part of the pressure that the team can often kick out. To be totally honest, I think I just really prefer it because It's my favourite set, and it's not really viable in OU anymore, so this is the only place I get to use it :(

Anyway, I'm for sure going to be trying all of these out, probably even SD Scizor. Now that I think back on it, Facade could've saved me so many times...

Thanks for the help! I'll update the OP after I play with the changes for a bit.
You are welcome, sir! Giving up on either Ice Punch or Knock Off for Facade is up to you and your personal taste. As you can see in the second replay I posted, I used Gliscor as a setup bait for Scizor. That's not going to happen most of the time because most Gliscors have Swords Dance themselves or Taunt but at least SD Scizor could weaken Gliscor and get it in range of Infernape. Oh, and Conkeldurr 2HKOs Gliscor with Facade c:

Cynde

toasty
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
hello

i really really dislike your match up against keldeo it forces out a lot of your team and automatically puts it on the back foot with little room for counterplay on your part. i'd recommend swapping your raikou for a latias, as this would let you switch into keldeo and force it out. you can run a set with colbur berry and a moveset of psychic / draco / hp fire / roost which would help out against scarf keldeo greatly. in addition to this with hp fire you can wear down defensive scizor so sharpedo can have an easier time cleaning against it.

i'd also recommend the use of gengar over conkeldurr. this provides you with a fairy resist albeit a shaky one but in conjunction with scizor it should be able to get the job done. it also allows you to spin block pokemon such as tentacruel so azelf's hazards stay up. it gives you more counterplay vs clefable and is one of the main reasons i think it should be considered. i would recommend the use of a ghostium set with taunt as the filler move as it would allow you to weaken teams effectively for sharpedo.

i'd also want to change the infernape set to something that would be more conducive to facilitating a sharpedo sweep. a set of gunk shot / overheat / close combat / mach punch would accomplish this. gunk shot pressures all the fairies like primarina / clefable that are conventionally used to check aerodactyl. overheat allows infernape to dent anything that would like to switch in to its physical attacks such as gliscor and hippowdon and mach punch is a cool last move that allows you to revenge KO Sharpedo.

i also think running a set of 252 hp / 128 atk / 132 spd would be useful on scizor as it allows you to take a draco + hp fire from latias. jolly on shark would be nice to help with scarf krook.

i hope this helps address some issues that you faced

You are welcome, sir! Giving up on either Ice Punch or Knock Off for Facade is up to you and your personal taste. As you can see in the second replay I posted, I used Gliscor as a setup bait for Scizor. That's not going to happen most of the time because most Gliscors have Swords Dance themselves or Taunt but at least SD Scizor could weaken Gliscor and get it in range of Infernape. Oh, and Conkeldurr 2HKOs Gliscor with Facade c:
After trying it for a bit, I'm definitely starting to like SD Scizor on this team, I haven't played many games because of uni, but I was able to dance up twice so far and sweep / weaken for Sharpedo. Unfortunate, but I think I'll have to make another team where the CB set really shines :( I haven't tried Facade yet, but if it really does 1v1 Gliscor pretty easily I don't see a reason to replace Knock Off instead of Ice Punch. I'll just get rid of Ice Punch and keep the HP Grass as is. Paying a bit less attention to UU right now, but I'll get back into it with the suggested changes soon. Thanks again for the help :)

hello

i really really dislike your match up against keldeo it forces out a lot of your team and automatically puts it on the back foot with little room for counterplay on your part. i'd recommend swapping your raikou for a latias, as this would let you switch into keldeo and force it out. you can run a set with colbur berry and a moveset of psychic / draco / hp fire / roost which would help out against scarf keldeo greatly. in addition to this with hp fire you can wear down defensive scizor so sharpedo can have an easier time cleaning against it.

i'd also recommend the use of gengar over conkeldurr. this provides you with a fairy resist albeit a shaky one but in conjunction with scizor it should be able to get the job done. it also allows you to spin block pokemon such as tentacruel so azelf's hazards stay up. it gives you more counterplay vs clefable and is one of the main reasons i think it should be considered. i would recommend the use of a ghostium set with taunt as the filler move as it would allow you to weaken teams effectively for sharpedo.

i'd also want to change the infernape set to something that would be more conducive to facilitating a sharpedo sweep. a set of gunk shot / overheat / close combat / mach punch would accomplish this. gunk shot pressures all the fairies like primarina / clefable that are conventionally used to check aerodactyl. overheat allows infernape to dent anything that would like to switch in to its physical attacks such as gliscor and hippowdon and mach punch is a cool last move that allows you to revenge KO Sharpedo.

i also think running a set of 252 hp / 128 atk / 132 spd would be useful on scizor as it allows you to take a draco + hp fire from latias. jolly on shark would be nice to help with scarf krook.

i hope this helps address some issues that you faced
Hey!

Thanks for the suggestions :) I have no doubt that implementing the first point would make the team better (you're right about Keldeo), and have me win more overall, but I feel that replacing Raikou would really kill the 'soul' of the team, and the main reason it was made (Volt-Turn / Priority). I would just be better off making something else. As far as Conk into Gengar goes, I will keep this in mind for sure, but I do really use Conk A LOT in order to take an odd hit and regain momentum if I've lost it (Conk is easily the MVP when things aren't going according to plan, which is about half the time).

I have played around with a similar Infernape set already as you can see above, though at the time I was really missing the SD. I will be trying out your Infernape suggestion regardless, but could you perhaps suggest another Mon with Set Up to replace it and accomplish the same thing? Not sure if that exists, but Ape has definitely been the biggest issue I have with the team, as he is pretty helpful some times, but useless most of the time. If I win, he usually doesn't really play a big role.

Thanks so much for taking the time Cynde, ill change and try the Ape set right now :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)