SM OU Ready, Set, Ditto! - BulkyOffense with Ditto

Pichu and Vulpix

Banned deucer.
Introduction:

This was a team inspired by the Pokemon manga, I LOVED Green’s ditto, thus inspiring me to create a team with it! Although it was done hurriedly, I have spent time attempting to improve it, alone. Ditto is great for stopping almost any Pokemon, especially Kartana and Magearna when they get going. Sableye is scout, with protect and recover it helps with switch-ins and does well with Bisharp. Breloom, well that was a brain-dead decision, although it gives a way around spore, and has speed control with Mach Punch. Chansey is here for stealth rocks and heal bell, while being a good counter to Tapu Lele. Tornadus… it’s a defogger, Fightinium Z also allows for a guaranteed Tyranitar KO!
:blobuwu:

The Team:

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
- Transform

The core of this team (Sort of). It provides incredible coverage, PP Stall, and an effective way past set-up. It makes sacrifice more worthwhile, and doesn’t exactly have a counter or weakness. Incredible speed control, the worst it can do is speed tie! The EV’s are designed to outspeed most opponents, while keeping a natural bulk. Although far from perfect, nothing else works, and I love it the way it is! It performs incredibly well when it comes to removing important Pokemon on the opponents team, thus allowing for Bisharp, Chansey and Breloom to be more effective.

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Def
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Protect

The perfect teammate for Ditto, being great at scouting, and removing the opponents “scarf”. It helps Bisharp too! Although quite bulky, Bisharp can’t survive more than two earthquakes, and Sableye helps keep it at one. It’s a defensive tank for Chansey, and a good sacrifice at times, checking Kartana, Landorus etc. I’m a bit worried about the EV’s, however, they seem to be effective and quite hard to change for the better! I love this Pokemon, but, no matter how effective, it could always be better.

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
- Mach Punch
- Spore

Haven’t exactly put much thought into this one! I needed speed control, and spore isn’t bad either, sash helps achieve spore, and take out Tornadus with Rock Tomb. Quite often it’s assumed it has Poison Heal, this allows it to go without worrying about Toxic. It stops Kartana effectively, allowing a way around it besides Ditto. EV’s speak for themselves I think! Sleep Clause is annoying, but not much can be done about that! (Anything to swap out spore for?)

Bisharp @ Dread Plate
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

I’ve loved this Pokemon from the first ever time I played UU. It's a bulky Pokemon - allowing for easy swords dance, it does this while having speed control with sucker punch. Knock off and iron head are stab, with dread plate helping knock off be incredibly strong and do as much as possible. Defiant helps with Mega Manectric, Landorus, Gyrados and Arcanine (They all have Intimidate). Sticky web becomes an advantage too. EV's allow for bulk and damage at the same time.

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Defog
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off

One word: Defogger. Unfortunately I'm not allowed only one word, so here goes: Hurricane is for stab and high damage, focus blast is really strong with Fightinium Z, allowing it to take out Tyranitar. Knock off helps with Toxapex, scarf users, and Chansey. It has a great pivot, all while keeping the Tyranitar and Ferrothorn off with Z focus blast! EV's help deal as much damage as possible, without focusing on defence too much.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled

Chansey uses stealth rocks at their best, it has healing, and anti-status. Seismic toss helps with taunt, and default damage, (Ghost types are a worry however). It's an incredible special wall, stopping Tapu Lele, Volcarona, Mega Alakazam and Magearna. It's EV's destroy physical too, but they're normally used that way. It doesn't like knock off at all (Eviolite) but is all in all an amazing Pokemon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PokePaste:
https://pokepast.es/cdc28330104b9228
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Threats:

Sableye:
It's immune to seismic toss, can burn Bisharp and Breloom and is an overall nuisance, although Ditto can pp stall it.

Volcarona:
Again, not for exactly for Ditto, but it does have fire attacks that can threaten Breloom and Bisharp.

etc: (I struggle with recognising these things).
Replays:

Wins:

Breloom really shines:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-973577897
Ditto evens the score:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-973482409
A great battle (for me):
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-973414503
First ever battle with team:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-973411754

Losses:
(Only one, however I didn't save it... will edit).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Hello, your team looks pretty cool, so this will be fun. I'm not going to put in a full rate, but I will suggest some changes to improve your team.
And without further ado, I will begin.

Secondly, Breloom isn't that good in OU. Spore isn't that useful considering it doesn't affect grass types (Tangrowth flat out walls you), and that the target can wake up any time and halt your attacks. Finally, he is almost entirely outclassed by Kartana, who provides more defensive utility, better offensive stats, which make him much more suited to wallbreaking or cleaning up late game.

For your team, I will suggest smogon's Scarfed set.

Cortana (Kartana) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Knock Off

Step 1: Spam Knock Off
Step 2: Spam Leaf Blade
Step 3:

Next up we've got Tornadus. Tornadus is in a wierd place on your team, offering practically no defensive utility and taking up a Z-move slot you hardly ever use. I would suggest changing Torn to a defensive Landorus set (below), which provides you with a much needed Electric immunity, maintaining the ground immunity, still maintaining offensive momentum with U-turn, setting rocks so Chansey doesn't have to, and comfortably checking things like Lucha and Kart (thanks to Intimidate).

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Defog / HP Fire
- U-turn

Defog to get rid of hazards, HP fire to get rid of Kartana.

OR

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z / Rockium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fly / Stone Edge

Fly for Flyinium Z, Edge for Rockium Z

Finally, Bisharp. Oh woe to Bisharp. Its menacing STAB combination and threatening 125 Base attack entirely undermined with a speed stat on par with breloom (geez your team was slow). Sadly, this will have to be changed as well. I think a more suited wallbreaker would be Tapu Bulu, which gives your team additional recovery, softens up EQ's for your team, and punches holes so Kartana can clean. You have two options for this; a Specially Defensive set to eliminate Ash Gren (since Breloom was your only counter, and a weakened Chansey isn't a safe option against it) or a fully offensive set that attempts to soften the team into kinetic sand, which Kartana LOVES to play in.

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance / Bulk up
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Synthesis / Protect / Leech Seed

Pretty self explanatory, Bulk up to ease the match up against stuff like Medi, Synthesis for recovery, protect to scout Z moves, recover more Grassy terrain and scout stuff like Scarf Gren. Leech seed is something no one runs, but it can work to set up better.

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 84 HP / 248 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Okay so ya got wood hammer aight so thats 120 BP, after stab 120 * 1.5 = 180, after Terrain that's 180 * 1.5 = 270, after Band that's... Oh geez that's huge. 270 * 1.5 = 405. 405. Tornadus just DIES to it. Both sets are nice, and help Kart with terrain,

EDIT:

So I forgot to put that since Lando has rocks Chansey can run something else, but I realized your team just dies to Fire types like Zard, so you need a durable wall that can sponge Fire attacks. I chose Toxapex, who actually provides some momentum with Regenerator, has resistances, gives T-Spikes so Kart can clean better, and is just a solid mon.

Hey kid want some candy? (Toxapex) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic / Toxic Spikes

Toxic spikes are fine but can get defogged, Toxic because screw tornadus.

Oh yeah this guy also takes care of Ash gren so keep that in mind too.

EDIT 2.0:

Here's the paste for the team:

https://pokepast.es/0ee035a44243d2a0

*I ran the Z move set so you have a Z move user.
*I chose Banded Bulu cuz Pex already checks Gren.
*This team is better, but I feel like it really is kind of mashed together. I really don't know how else to put it or how else to change it.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-974059077
^ That was against... some kind of balance team. Pretty wierd but I clutched with Kart in the end

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-974068291
^ Against a Fini Lucha offense. Clutched it with a 1HP ditto.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-973663655
^ Even thought they forfeited it gives you an idea of how to use the team.

I might add more later, good luck with your team!

Hope I was able to help!

Mega sableye is better than mega mawile

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)