[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

Jeez, Game Freak is getting really generous with these shinies.

From Serebii:

The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed some details about distributions to coincide with Pokémon XY & Z. These distributions will run weekly and will be obtained by a serial code obtained during the Pokémon XY & Z anime. On October 29th, a shiny Xerneas will be obtainable. It is Level 100 with the moves Geomancy, Moonblast, Aromatherapy and Focus Blast. On November 5th, a code for a shiny Yveltal will be distributed with the moves Oblivion Wing, Sucker Punch, Dark Pulse and Foul Play and on November 12th, a code for a Zygarde will be distributed with the moves Land's Wrath, Extreme Speed, Glare & Outrage. We'll bring more as it comes
Which means on October 29th, Xerneas will be un-shinylocked, and on November 5th, Yveltal will get the same treatment too. Zygarde doesn't get the treatment (RIP minty fresh Zygarde ;-;), but maybe this means the upcoming Pokemon games will un-shinylock him too.

No word on a U.S. release.

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Jeez, Game Freak is getting really generous with these shinies.

From Serebii:

Which means on October 29th, Xerneas will be un-shinylocked, and on November 5th, Yveltal will get the same treatment too. Zygarde doesn't get the treatment (RIP minty fresh Zygarde ;-;), but maybe this means the upcoming Pokemon games will un-shinylock him too.

No word on a U.S. release.
We know, just haven't updated the list yet.

hi i just got a shiny Cresselia from OT: Guy 31/xx/31/31/31/31 nature bold ability levitate
moves: ice beam /psyshock /moonlight /calm mind
stats:444/130/372/186/296/207 lvl 100
met at crescent isle lvl 50
i checket the thread and i think i could be legit,but since i am new to this gen (3 weeks xD ) i would like a second opinion if i missed something before i put her for trade

Thanks for your time :)

Last edited:
hi i just got a shiny Cresselia from OT: Guy 31/xx/31/31/31/31 nature bold ability levitate
i checket the thread and i think i could be legit,but since i am new to this gen (3 weeks xD ) i would like a second opinion if i mist something before i put her for trade

For future reference, please check the IVs of your Pokemon via the In-game judge (in the Kilioude City Pokemon Center in X and Y, or in the Battle Resort Pokemon Center in ORAS).

I decided to check the IVs myself, and if Showdown's teambuilder is correct, the IVs are 31/0/31/31/31/31 with a 252 HP/252 Defense/4 Speed spread.

Because of the met location being in ORAS, it most likely has the blue pentagon. The combination of the pentagon, the flawlessness, the fact that it's a legendary, and the shininess all indicate that the Cresselia is hacked. Sorry.

And for ANOTHER future reference, shiny 5/6IV Pentagon Legendaries are almost always hacked.

For future reference, please check the IVs of your Pokemon via the In-game judge (in the Kilioude City Pokemon Center in X and Y, or in the Battle Resort Pokemon Center in ORAS).

I decided to check the IVs myself, and if Showdown's teambuilder is correct, the IVs are 31/0/31/31/31/31 with a 252 HP/252 Defense/4 Speed spread.

Because of the met location being in ORAS, it most likely has the blue pentagon. The combination of the pentagon, the flawlessness, the fact that it's a legendary, and the shininess all indicate that the Cresselia is hacked. Sorry.

And for ANOTHER future reference, shiny 5/6IV Pentagon Legendaries are almost always hacked.

:( thanks...

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
i checket the thread and i think i could be legit,but since i am new to this gen (3 weeks xD ) i would like a second opinion if i missed something before i put her for trade

Well of course it COULD be legit (very lucky) but regardless of that, the fact is that you can't be sure, and therefore you should not offer it for trade :)

Language: KOR
Species: Hoopa
OT: I can't type these characters.
ID No.: 07185
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Ability: Magician
Pokemon's name: 후파
Level: 100
Pokeball: Cherish Ball
Shiny?: No
Pentagon?: Yes
Moves: Drain Punch, Gunk Shot, Zen Headbutt, Hyperspace Fury
Nature: Naive
Region of origin: Pokémon Movie 15
Level Met: 50
Note: Apparently a fateful encounter
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Ribbons: None
Other comments (optional): While playing Magic the Gathering at a Card Shop, some kids were playing with their 3DS systems and so I went over and competed in a tournament. This was first place's prize. One of the kids was Korean and said he reset on it. Could I have a moderator take a look at it before adding it to the thread? I couldn't find much on Korean events on the web.

Language: ENG
Species: xerneas
OT: DeathDenial
ID No.: 48484
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs (optional): 252spatk 252 speed 4 hp
Ability: fairy aura
Bottom screen of 3DS (left page of summary)
Pokemon's name: Xerneas
Level: 100
Pokeball: pokeball
Shiny?: Yes
Pentagon?: Yes
Moves: megahorn, geomancy, moonblast, aromatherapy
Top screen of 3DS (right page of summary)
Nature: modest
Region of origin: not listed?
Characteristic: takes plenty of siestas
Bottom screen of 3DS (right page of summary)
Ribbons: none.
Other comments (optional): received exactly as is in a wonder trade.

Date met: 5.11.2013
Where: team flare secret hq
Level met: apparently 50.

I'm guessing it's hacked?

Hey all,

It's been awhile since I've been on here and I was curious if anyone here had any details regarding the tighter global link restrictions. Mainly, I'm concerned if cloned Pokemon are identified. I'm assuming most of the detection stuff has to do with illegal moveset, IV's, EV's but I was curious if anyone else had more details on it. Thanks!

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Hey all,

It's been awhile since I've been on here and I was curious if anyone here had any details regarding the tighter global link restrictions. Mainly, I'm concerned if cloned Pokemon are identified. I'm assuming most of the detection stuff has to do with illegal moveset, IV's, EV's but I was curious if anyone else had more details on it. Thanks!
Despite what some people may think, a Pokemon being cloned doesn't magically make it hacked. It is literally the exact same Pokemon in every single way, there is absolutely no way to distinguish a cloned Pokemon from the original. So no, the Global Link will not identify it as long as the original Pokemon is legitimate.

Despite what some people may think, a Pokemon being cloned doesn't magically make it hacked. It is literally the exact same Pokemon in every single way, there is absolutely no way to distinguish a cloned Pokemon from the original. So no, the Global Link will not identify it as long as the original Pokemon is legitimate.
That was my assumption. The reason for asking is because I was watching a video from a prominent YouTuber this morning and he had mentioned that one of his game cartridges was banned from global link due to what he suspected was a Regirock he received from a fan. I guess he probably didn't validate that Pokemon before using it and maybe something was not right with the Pokemon (EV's, IV's, moves) etc. Thanks for the response.

Recently, I went to the Pokebank and pulled up some legendary/mythical Pokemon I got from my friend in the past when he stop playing and from some other people I had known but I am not sure if they are legit or not. They seem to fit the requirements but I just want to check seeing as I never done this before and some other legendary I had was obviously hacked (Shiny English Genesect which I am pretty sure never showed up outside of Asia so it can't be English). I have more but they don't have good/decent IVs so I don't feel like checking them.

Species: Victini
OT: Movie14
ID No.: 12031
IVs: 31/31/31/3/31/31
EVs (optional): N/A
Ability: Victory Star
Pokemon's name: Victini
Level: 50
Pentagon?: No
Moves: V-Create|Fusion Flare|Fusion Bolt|Searing Shot
Nature: Adamant
Region of origin: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach you from the Unova region.
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Ribbons: Wishing Ribbon
Other comments (optional): I found the Wonder Card matching it on Bulbapedia.

Species: Keldeo
OT: SMR2012
ID No.: 08272
IVs: 31/30/31/31/30/31
Ability: Justified
Pokemon's name: Keldeo
Level: 15
Moves: Aqua Jet|Secret Sword|Double Kick|Bubble Beam
Nature: Timid
Region of origin: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach you from the Unova region.

Species: Darkrai
OT: 2012MAY
ID No.: 05092
IVs: 31/21/31/31/31/31
Ability: Bad Dreams
Pokemon's name: Darkrai
Moves: Dark Void|Ominous Wind|Feint Attack|Nightmare
Ribbons: Classic Ribbon

Species: Entei
OT: Blue
ID No.: 00273
IVs: 30/31/31/30/31/31
EVs (optional): Att 252/spA 6/Spe 252
Ability: Pressure
Pokemon's name: Entei
Pokeball: Master Ball
Moves: Flare Blitz|Stone Edge|Extreme Speed|Hidden Power
Region of origin: Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Kanto region.
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Ribbons: N/A
Other comments (optional): I can't even remember how I obtained this one but it isn't the same as the rest because it doesn't appear to have come from an event.
Species: Tornadus-T
OT: DANNA
ID No.: 42866
IVs: 31/28/31/31/31/31
Ability: Regenerator
Pokemon's name: Tornadus
Pokeball: Dream Ball
Moves: Uproar|Dark Pulse|Gust|Bite
Region of origin: Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Unova region.
Other comments (optional): It came from GTS when I was randomly picking up one at random for my dex for a Zapdos (I think). While, I know GTS shouldn't normally be trusted I just want to see anyway. Also, it appears to have come from that dream world extension thing and has some exp on it as though it has been used a bit (that may have been me).

Thanks in advance to whoever bothers to read all of this. Hopefully I put down all the information I have on these Pokemon and I can breath easier that at least all (or some) of these Pokemon are not impossible to obtain. >_<

Recently, I went to the Pokebank and pulled up some legendary/mythical Pokemon I got from my friend in the past when he stop playing and from some other people I had known but I am not sure if they are legit or not. They seem to fit the requirements but I just want to check seeing as I never done this before and some other legendary I had was obviously hacked (Shiny English Genesect which I am pretty sure never showed up outside of Asia so it can't be English). I have more but they don't have good/decent IVs so I don't feel like checking them.

Species: Victini
OT: Movie14
ID No.: 12031
IVs: 31/31/31/3/31/31
Ability: Victory Star
Pokemon's name: Victini
Moves: V-Create|Fusion Flare|Fusion Bolt|Searing Shot

Species: Keldeo
OT: SMR2012
ID No.: 08272
IVs: 31/30/31/31/30/31
Ability: Justified
Pokemon's name: Keldeo
Moves: Aqua Jet|Secret Sword|Double Kick|Bubble Beam

Species: Darkrai
OT: 2012MAY
ID No.: 05092
IVs: 31/21/31/31/31/31
Ability: Bad Dreams
Pokemon's name: Darkrai
Moves: Dark Void|Ominous Wind|Feint Attack|Nightmare
Ribbons: Classic Ribbon

Species: Entei
OT: Blue
ID No.: 00273
IVs: 30/31/31/30/31/31
EVs (optional): Att 252/spA 6/Spe 252
Ability: Pressure
Pokemon's name: Entei
Pokeball: Master Ball
Moves: Flare Blitz|Stone Edge|Extreme Speed|Hidden Power
Region of origin: Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Kanto region.
Other comments (optional): I can't even remember how I obtained this one but it isn't the same as the rest because it doesn't appear to have come from an event.
Species: Tornadus-T
OT: DANNA
ID No.: 42866
IVs: 31/28/31/31/31/31
Ability: Regenerator
Pokemon's name: Tornadus
Pokeball: Dream Ball
Moves: Uproar|Dark Pulse|Gust|Bite
Region of origin: Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Unova region.
Other comments (optional): It came from GTS when I was randomly picking up one at random for my dex for a Zapdos (I think). While, I know GTS shouldn't normally be trusted I just want to see anyway. Also, it appears to have come from that dream world extension thing and has some exp on it as though it has been used a bit (that may have been me).

Thanks in advance to whoever bothers to read all of this. Hopefully I put down all the information I have on these Pokemon and I can breath easier that at least all (or some) of these Pokemon are not impossible to obtain. >_<
The Entei is a guaranteed hack. It's a non-event Entei with event-only moves. I also wouldn't trust the Tornadus either since it came from the GTS. As for the others, they're a bit of a toss-up. I still wouldn't trade them here, just to be safe

The Entei is a guaranteed hack. It's a non-event Entei with event-only moves. I also wouldn't trust the Tornadus either since it came from the GTS. As for the others, they're a bit of a toss-up. I still wouldn't trade them here, just to be safe
I don't really plan to trade them I just wanted to know if they are legitimate enough to battle with. I can now move the Entei to "quarantine" but is the Tornadus at least legit to the extent it can be used for battle or should I put it away with Entei?

I don't really plan to trade them I just wanted to know if they are legitimate enough to battle with. I can now move the Entei to "quarantine" but is the Tornadus at least legit to the extent it can be used for battle or should I put it away with Entei?
It's rather simple. Anything good from GTS = hack. Looking at this, it's pretty safe to assume it's a hack thanks to that

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
We also have a rule that if you use hacks to battle, you must state it in any and all battle requests/responses here... So "legit enough to battle" isn't really a thing, you'll still be required to say it's a hack (or at least potentially) when organising battles.

We also have a rule that if you use hacks to battle, you must state it in any and all battle requests/responses here... So "legit enough to battle" isn't really a thing, you'll still be required to say it's a hack (or at least potentially) when organising battles.
Are you referring to the Tornadus which came from GTS? or all of them (excluding Entei)?

Any Pokémon for which you aren't certain of the legitimacy.
Is there anyway to actually confirm any of them are legit? because right now it sounds like anything can be hacked and I probably wouldn't even know (if its not my own) if it meets the requirements on the surface (moves/ID/OT/IVs/nature/etc). In the same way that a clone of a Pokemon and the original can't be figured apart.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Is there anyway to actually confirm any of them are legit? because right now it sounds like anything can be hacked and I probably wouldn't even know (if its not my own) if it meets the requirements on the surface (moves/ID/OT/IVs/nature/etc). In the same way that a clone of a Pokemon and the original can't be figured apart.
Use your own, get them from reliable users, remain vigilant and suspicious of things from GTS/Wonder Trade. Or if you're only using them for battle, just take the hit and put the disclaimer in your posts on the subject.

n.n rattata

Banned deucer.
I realized that my Dream Ball Tauros has the ID 00000. Could Pokemon with this ID cause trouble to your save file? (i.e possible corrupt)? Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)