Rate what the user above you is listening to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
EDIT: Damn it pope beat me to Morm's post. Intro sounds a bit like something TSO would do, but this is a bit more progressive and disorganized. I like the skill and technique, but the composition doesn't bridge well between movements. 9/10 for technique and ingenuity, but 4/10 for flow.

"Hero" by Skillet

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
EDIT: Removing posts not related to the thread so as not to derail it. That and I'm not supposed to be offended when people dislike my stuff, so meh everyone is entitled to their opinion.

that skillet song was terrible, sorry but there were no redeeming qualities to it at all.

being a christian band is just another minus on a long list of negatives

edit: @KB, definitely gonna check these guys out. The other two songs weren't as amazing as the first but they were still pretty good.

Guys please try not to post unless you both rate the song above you and provide a new one. I think it's great if you want to comment on songs other than the one directly above you, but do it in a post where you also do both of those things. Otherwise the thread is gonna derail.

@WaterBomb, beautiful piece of prog there. Flowed very well, and I loved the way they upped the tempo towards the end. 4.5/5 (you don't NEED to have an actual rating here, if you want to post one though thats great)

Time to throw loop and post the first hip hop song of the thread.
Brother Ali- Self Taught
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9dnc5URIlw

^
|
I did'nt enjoy that. Hip hop isn't my style, and I found it a poorly executed song.

Alter Bridge - Metalingus

@ Paranoia Survivor: I've heard of Metric many times but never really listened to them because I don't like female singers. But from the few songs I've heard, they're pretty good. Just not to my taste. 7/10

@ Mike B: Another female singer, ew. But other than that it's catchy, I guess. I don't really like how she sings, like her accent or something. 6.5/10

Bright Eyes - Haligh, Haligh, A Lie, Haligh

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@all4game
I've always wondered what they sound like, but I'm too lazy to check out bands in general. Pretty cool song though... Not really my style but it's got a lot of soul which I appreciate in any music. I was skeptical about the vocals at first but his range is pretty good.

7/10

311 - Nix Hex

Needless to say this is my favorite band ever. This is a nice relaxed song, and it gets a little heavy during the middle. I'm at a loss for creativity right now so I can't write too much about it at the moment.

ok I have to say this is really good, it's totally the type of sound I really love.
all these different string instruments it's meshing so well ahhhhhh
plus the lyrics aren't that bad, and man these guys have a great sound going on with their voices and the background and everything
9/10
I think we have real similar tastes

that thing from Get Him to the Greek
this song is a perfect parody of modern pop 'mainstream' music imo
man I was going to post it in that other thread where they were discussing it but it got deleted?????

That was pretty painful to listen to, Wick. If I were going to rate it seriously, I would say the vocals were really annoying and Rose Byrne's voice is more annoying than an English teacher. Obviously the lyrics are terrible. The beats are annoying. All around terrible song.
1/10.

Lady Madonna - The Beatles

I just began taking piano lessons in the past month or so, so I've been really getting into music that has a lot of piano, and Lady Madonna is probably one of my favorite songs right now. All of the Beatles's music is good for piano, though.

@ Wickdaggler, they have a free download of their EP on their website. And I agree that your song is a perfect parody. xD

@ Too old and slow for me. :S

Crystal Castles - Not in Love ft. Robert Smith (The Cure)
I can't say I'm a CC fan but I love Robert Smith's voice and this song is fucking amazing.

@ Assassinfred (below): I've posted enough in this thread for one night lol, but I wanted to reply. xD I love the beginning of that song, it just gets worse as it goes along imo.. Breaking Benjamin isn't really my style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)