Rate my (UU) team!

I've recently got bored with OU battles, so here's a team for WiFi UU battles! Feel free to suggest to change pokemon, even if they require a hidden power (Besides legendaries, please :P) Ok, so here's the team:

Phione @ Choice Scarf
Modest
4 Attack/252 Sp. Attack/252 Speed
- U-Turn
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Surf

A quite good opener, IMHO. Can scout with U-turn. Suprises a lot of people, thinking it's your regular slow phione. Killed many Ninetales with it :)

Pinsir @ Choice Scarf
Adamant
4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake

Heracross' little cousin, wreaks havoc in UU. With earthquake, many levitators go down easily (Hi Rotom). Scarf cause it's quite slow. Not much else to comment

Golem @ Leftovers
Adamant
124 HP/134 Attack/252 Defence
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roar

A more sturdy golem. Spreads status around enemy team. If I think they will switch to a counter, I roar.

Absol @ Focus Sash
Adamant
4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
- Sucker Punch
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Swords Dance

Swords Dance, survive their hit with sash, and then sucker punch them. Stone edge mainly for flying and bug types, aerial ace for fighting types and shiftry/cacturne.

Claydol @ Leftovers
Relaxed
236 HP/96 Defense/176 Sp. Attack
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Clears the field from entry hazards and set ups own rocks. Also, walls stuff.

Grumpig @ Leftovers
Timid
252 HP/20 Sp.Defense/236 Speed
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- HP Fighting

Calm Mind tank. Quite fast, too. HP Fighting for Kanghaskhan, and because I have way to deal with other psychics. (Absol, and to lesser extent, Pinsir)

Ampharos can really screw you up :)

You say your Cacturne beats Kanghaskan, but you get 2HKOed or OHKOed no matter what you switch in. Golem over Froslass sounds reaonable, as Claydol and Phione take Golem's weaknesses quite well.

UU is very offensive, but the way your team is set up you're likely to get swept by a Mantine! At the very least, lower your amount of Choiced Pokemon to 2. As I mentioned, Froslass is out of place. The main point of U is to set up your plan and excecute it as soon as possible, try to re-center your team around that.

Ok, so I swapped Froslass for Golem. I think Rock Polisher will work fine, or maybe is there a more suitable set for my team?

Also, what do you suggest to replace cacturne with?

Claydol is relaxed because I bred relaxed one, due to it being used in both UU and OU. It's not like it's a big hinderance, anyway.

I've got to go to C&C, there's no defensive Golem set there!

Make Golem Defensive, max out Defense and give it 352 HP, and put the rest in attack. Give a look at it's movepool to decide what to use for the last two slots, Explosion, Body Slam, Protect, Toxic and Roar are pretty good options.

For the Cacturne replacement, you have the decisions of many special walls. Grumpig adds to the sturdy attacker nature of this team, and walls just about everything important that the rest of your team can't beat. The ReStalker or Subset are the best choices for your team. This will help against big Special and Physical Attackers.

Hmm, what do you suggest? I'm thinking about maybe replacing Claydol with Rapidash and ginving Golem Stealth Rock... I'm not too sure about it, though :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)