XY UU Rate My UU Team

Here's the set I'm currently using in UU:

Infernape: 252 Attack, 4 HP, 252 Speed
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Iron Fist
Nature: Adamant

Moves: U-Turn, Flare Blitz, Thunder Punch, Mach Punch
  • Choice Scarf is used to outspeed Crobat
  • Flare Blitz is used to cause some serious damage, but the recoil is very costly.
  • Mach Punch helps with fast attackers
  • U-Turn damages Psychic types in this tier hard.
Noivern: 252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Item: Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Nature: Modest

Moves: Boomburst, Draco Meteor, Hurricane, Flamethrower
  • Boomburst is a deadly move. 140 Damage, no recoil, and has the same amount of PP as Earthquake. With Specs, a modest nature, and Maxed Sp. Attack, it has the potential to take out many sweepers in UU
  • Draco Meteor is also deadly, but is not spammable.
  • Hurricane is used for STAB and power
  • Flamethrower is used for coverage against Steel types like who would mostly tank Noivern
Absol (Mega): 220 Attack, 36 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed
Item: Absolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Nature: Naive

Moves: Play Rough, Sucker Punch, Fire Blast, Protect
  • Play Rough is for frail Fighting-types like Mienshao, and more importantly, Scrafty and Hydregion
  • Sucker Punch lets Absol jump on quicker attackers like Crobat
  • Protect is essential for the Mega-evolution turn. Without it, Mienshao could easily kill it
  • Fire Blast is, of course, for those good ol' steel and grass types, and with the 36 Sp. Attack, it hits even harder!
Metagross: 200 Attack, 108 Defense, 200 Speed
Item: Assualt Vest
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Jolly

Moves: Hammer Arm, Bullet Punch, Earthquake, Meteor Mash
  • Earthquake hits lots of things hard
  • Hammer Arm would allow coverage against M-Absol and M-Houndoom
  • Meteor Mash is for plain ol' brute force + STAB
  • Bullet punch might hit softer than all of Metagross's moves, but it fixes Metagross's awful speed and allows it to hit Florges
Celebi: 200 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed, 56 Defense
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Natural Care
Nature: Modest

Moves: Psychic, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Nasty Plot
  • Psychic is for hitting Nidoking and other Poisons as well as STAB
  • Energy Ball is just plain Ol' spammable STAB
  • Shadow Ball is for hitting bugs and steels
  • Nasty Plot makes Celebi very scary on the first turn, and from there, it could just sweep the whole UU metagame
Arcanine: 200 Attack, 56 Sp. Defense, 252 Speed
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Jolly

Moves: Flare Blitz, Close Combat, Wild Charge, Morning Sun
  • Flare Blitz is just STAB and emphasis on power, but wears Arcanine down quickly
  • Close Combat nukes lots of things (Although that should be a fact by now)
  • Wild Charge is just coverage against Starmie
  • Morning Sun fixes Arcanine's HP
So what do you think of my team? Post below!

Last edited:
Hey! I just wanted to suggest a few things, but you may want to look into reorganizing your team using this format:
Pokemon @ Item
Ability:
EVs:
Nature:
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4
<Description>

• I would switch Hammer Arm to Zen Headbutt on Metagross. Zen Headbutt is a great, if not the best, STAB Psychic move that Metagross can take advantage of. In addition, the speed drop of Hammer Arm won't serve you well in the long run.
  • You could benefit from using HP Fire over Shadow Ball on Celebi, as well as changing its EVs to 252 Sp.Atk and 4 Def. HP Fire can help you punish Bug and Steel types more effectively, and since you have Modest LO, you'd probably benefit from having maxed Special Attack to make sure Celebi can hit the hardest. However, Shadow Ball can be kept if you find that Ghost-types are hurting your team severely during battle.
  • Your team has a big weakness to Rock and Ground, so might I suggest replacing Arcanine with Swampert? You have three fire types, and a water type like Swampert can provide great synergy to your team. Try this generic set, it'll substitute great for Arcanine!
    Swampert @ Choice Band
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Waterfall
    - Ice Punch
    - Superpower
    This set fills the role of a bulky attacker, which will be helpful to counter threats to Infernape and Darmanitan. Alternatively, you can go for a Physically Defensive set, but this set sticks more to what you wanted to see

Good luck on your team! =)

Hey! I just wanted to suggest a few things, but you may want to look into reorganizing your team using this format:
Pokemon @ Item
Ability:
EVs:
Nature:
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4
<Description>

• I would switch Hammer Arm to Zen Headbutt on Metagross. Zen Headbutt is a great, if not the best, STAB Psychic move that Metagross can take advantage of. In addition, the speed drop of Hammer Arm won't serve you well in the long run.
  • You could benefit from using HP Fire over Shadow Ball on Celebi, as well as changing its EVs to 252 Sp.Atk and 4 Def. HP Fire can help you punish Bug and Steel types more effectively, and since you have Modest LO, you'd probably benefit from having maxed Special Attack to make sure Celebi can hit the hardest. However, Shadow Ball can be kept if you find that Ghost-types are hurting your team severely during battle.
  • Your team has a big weakness to Rock and Ground, so might I suggest replacing Arcanine with Swampert? You have three fire types, and a water type like Swampert can provide great synergy to your team. Try this generic set, it'll substitute great for Arcanine!
    Swampert @ Choice Band
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Waterfall
    - Ice Punch
    - Superpower
    This set fills the role of a bulky attacker, which will be helpful to counter threats to Infernape and Darmanitan. Alternatively, you can go for a Physically Defensive set, but this set sticks more to what you wanted to see

Good luck on your team! =)
Actually, I was thinking of replacing Arcanine with Cresseila or Umbreon (tilted toward Cresseila). They both have incredible potential on tanking/stalling.
Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Sp. Attack/ 100 Defense / 100 Sp. Defense/52 Speed
Timid Nature
- Lunar Dance
- Moonlight
- Toxic
- Wish

This set is the good old stall set on Cresselia. Toxic is the main focus of the full set, forcing switches for the other team. Wish support is essential to Infernape, who gets worn down quickly by Flare Blitz. Moonlight makes Cresselia healthy enough to bring out its full potential, and Lunar Dance is used at last when you don't have any moonlights to use.

Actually, I was thinking of replacing Arcanine with Cresseila or Umbreon (tilted toward Cresseila). They both have incredible potential on tanking/stalling.
Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Sp. Attack/ 100 Defense / 100 Sp. Defense/52 Speed
Timid Nature
- Lunar Dance
- Moonlight
- Toxic
- Wish

This set is the good old stall set on Cresselia. Toxic is the main focus of the full set, forcing switches for the other team. Wish support is essential to Infernape, who gets worn down quickly by Flare Blitz. Moonlight makes Cresselia healthy enough to bring out its full potential, and Lunar Dance is used at last when you don't have any moonlights to use.
Out of the two I would go with Cresselia, but I would make sure to replace Arcanine in general. Your team also needs a Sp.Def Wall, so Umbreon could possibly fit. Although, Umbreon is more suited towards stall teams, it could possibly work on this team too.

Out of the two I would go with Cresselia, but I would make sure to replace Arcanine in general. Your team also needs a Sp.Def Wall, so Umbreon could possibly fit. Although, Umbreon is more suited towards stall teams, it could possibly work on this team too.
By the way, Do you think that I should replace metagross with something else?

By the way, Do you think that I should replace metagross with something else?
Sorry for the late reply! I think that you should keep Metagross for now, test out how it works with the rest of the team, and then determine whether it needs to be switched or not. Good luck! =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)