Rate my Team Please? I'm new.

So this is my team. I'm new to competitive battling.

Weaville @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252Atk, 252Spe, 6 HP
Nature: Naughty
- Swords Dance
- Brick Break
- Avalanche
- Night Slash

Yeah, so it has Swords Dance, so it can Dance and survive a hit with Sash. Also, it could use Avalanche for another big hit, and surviving with Sash. I sometimes open with this Pokémon, but also sometimes with Gengar. Physical Sweeper. Oh yeah, it used to have Ice Beam in RSE as a Sneasel, which is why it's Naughty instead of Adamant.

Gengar @ Wide Lens
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpAtk 252 Spe 6 HP
Nature: Timid
- Hypnosis
- Will-o-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Okay. So this is my Special Sweeper, a Gengar. It has Hypnosis and Will-o-Wisp for Double Status, as when an enemy is asleep, they usually switch, so I can then Will-o-Wisp their next guy. Timid nature is so it can status the opponent really quick. Shadow Ball STAB. Thunderbolt is their because it is a strong special move.

Metagross @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: I didn't EV Train this one, as it was one of the first I trained.
Nature: Adamant
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

Okay, so Metagross is another Physical Sweeper, with Agility so it can go faster. IT wasn't EV trained, sadly, I might replace it if I have time sometime. Meteor Mash and Zen Headbutt are both for STAB. A lot of people like Explosion better, but I don't, becuase I think it's too easy to predict. (Correct me if I am wrong and should use Explosion instead of Zen Headbutt, please. Thanks.) Earthquake is a strong physical move. Super effective against a bunch of stuff.

Dragonite @ Yache Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: Same with Metagross (Might replace it if I have time sometime)
Nature: Rash
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch

Okay. So it is a Mixed Sweeper this time. Ice Beam is mainly there for killing Dragon-types, but it also is their for Ground-types. Dragon Dance for more Attack and Speed. Fire Punch is there to get rid off the Steel-types resistant to Dragon Claw. I prefer Dragon Claw over Outrage, so I don’t get confused at the end, but if Outrage is better, can someone please tell me so then I can change it? Rash nature is to help out Ice Beam. I think its + Sp Atk – Sp Def, right? Anyways, I couldn’t see another area that could have had stuff taken off of it, so I just did Rash.

Heracross @ Wide Lens
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 6 HP
Nature: Adamant
- MegaHorn
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide

This set kind of relies on brute force. MegaHorn and Close Combat both have 180 Base Power, when including/factoring in STAB. Earthquake isn’t that bad either, with 100 Base Power. Rock Slide is for Flying Types, which resist all the above moves. I prefer Rock Slide for it’s superior accuracy over Stone Edge. Wide Lens is their because I don’t want either MegaHorn or Rock Slide missing at horrible moments.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 252 HP 124 Def 128 SpDef
Trait: Serene Grace
- Doom Desire
- Protect
- U-Turn
- Wish

Wish support for my team. My team uses a lot of offense, so I guessed that it would be good to heal once in a while.

Well, Mismagius >> Gengar, however with the Gengar hate aside, looks good but you might you want Focus Blast >> WoW.

Weavile is outclassed by Duggy and others, btw Focus Sash kind of fails as Sandstorm screws with it on Weavile.

Wide Lens doesn't really serve a purpose with those moves on Hera, so you might Choice Band >> Wide Lens there.

Well, Mismagius >> Gengar, however with the Gengar hate aside, looks good but you might you want Focus Blast >> WoW.

Weavile is outclassed by Duggy and others, btw Focus Sash kind of fails as Sandstorm screws with it on Weavile.

Wide Lens doesn't really serve a purpose with those moves on Hera, so you might Choice Band >> Wide Lens there.
What the hell are you talking about. Weavile is faster than Dugtrio for one, it doesn't get walled by Gliscor, it has a higher base atk, both have different abilities and entirely different STAB. In other words they're completely different and neither one is outclassed by the other.

anyways, you can't assume that every lead is going to be tyranitar. Focus sash works just fine in most cases.

Ice Punch>>>>>avalanche on weavile because avalanche has negative priority. Ice punch is more reliable and you can go first if your focus sash is gone and it's better for sweeping because it doesn't have negative priority.

Oh yes. I also have a Jirachi, that I might use.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 252 HP 124 Def 128 SpDef
Trait: Serene Grace
- Doom Desire
- Protect
- U-Turn
- Wish

I'll be straight to the point; just because this is a wifi team doesn't mean you should lower your standards. Doing so won't net you many (if any) wins in the competitive environment.

If you're going to lead with Weavile, a Jolly nature (+speed, -special attack) along with 252 EVs in speed is a must in order to tie with opposing Weaviles; this also allows you to outrun all Gengar variants (barring Choice Scarf) and net you a KO. Swords Dance will be enough to set up a sweep even without an attack boosting nature. Avalanche has to go, as its negative priority is plain stupid and suicidal on a fast, fragile sweeper. Ice Punch along with STAB will be more than enough to KO Ground and Dragon types.

Gengar is fine, and don't ditch Will o' Wisp for Focus Blast. It misses more often than you'd want it to, even with wide lens, and is only really helpful in dealing with Tyranitar.

Metagross and Dragonite will both need rebreeding if you want to win against better players. On Metagross I would consider replacing both Meteor Mash and Zen Headbutt with Thunder Punch and Ice Punch, which provide much better coverage against popular pokemon like Gliscor, Gyarados, Skarmory, etc. Steel and Psychic are poor attacking types, even if they have STAB coming off 135 base attack; they only cover Poison and Rock types, the latter of which already is dealt with Earthquake (which also happens to counter opposing steels, bar Bronzong). 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe is the standard EV spread for it, but you can invest a little more in speed (up to 208 EVs) to outspeed Adamant Choice Scarf garchomp.

The Dragonite set you're using is a poor choice; If you're already using Dragon Dance and two other physical moves, Ice Beam is really out of place, considering it can be bred with Ice Punch. Go with an Adamant nature and invest 252 EVs in attack and speed.

Heracross is decent, but if you are already using Wide Lens, you might as well go with Stone Edge for the added power, which turns 3KOs you'd get from Rock Slide into 2KOs at the least. Guts is a much better ability than Swarm on all accounts, so that needs to be changed ASAP.

I couldn't tell if this is a serious thread anymore the second I saw Raichu. Replace leftovers with Shuca berry and it can make a fine Garchomp counter as well. :) (Just kidding!)

On track: Raichu as a SkarmBliss counter is completely frivolous; your team is almost entirely comprised of physical sweepers with super effective moves against them anyway, so I don't see why they are a concern at all. As a replacement for Raichu I suggest you use a bulky water such as Swampert, Milotic, or Suicune, all of which supplement the other members' weaknesses with their resistances and can serve as much needed status absorbers. Vaporeon can also serve just as well by helping the team with wish support.

Good luck with competitive battling; if you need more help, don't hesitate to PM me. If you don't like the drudgery of training your team for wifi, try out the best free online competitive battling simulator, ShoddyBattle, at www.shoddybattle.com. Haha, I sound like some sort of spam advertising bot or something. ;3

I use a sashed swords dancing weavile too and Ice Punch is way better than Avalanche. Use the sash to swords dance, then Ice punch. Like others have mentioned, focus sashes aren't the greatest in OU. Where I find the sash set works the best is in battle tower or on PBR. As for gengar vs. mismaguis it depends on what is more important. Gengar is faster and stronger and makes a great sweeper while mismaguis has good speed, good special attack and defence. Its a less efective sweeper that can take a hit or two and support a little better. I think mismaguis pulls off the double status better, I'd recommend focus blast but it will miss alot.

I can't use the Elemental punches, as it's from Emerald, which I have no access to. Same for Ice Punch on Weaville. For wish support, I'll just use Jirachi. Yeah, I might not use Raichu. Kay, thanks.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Please read and abide by the rules:

3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you're having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.
I will give you some time to edit in some individual descriptions. If you do not add some detailed description, then your thread will be locked.

Oh and if you are talking about Jirachi, well, it's job is to support my team with Wish. Doom Desire is it's main and only attacking mmove. Basically, I Doom Desire and then I Protect. I also will do that with Wish. U-Turn is so that after I Wish I can switch.

Pretty good team i can see that you are limited in options since there si no way to teach ice punch to a weavile after it has evolved

you really should conisder re-traing some of your pokemon most notably weavile ; dragonite and metagross although it is mainly for the moves that you lack.

However your team is pretty solid and it shouldn't ahve any really major problems

if I am not mistaken you can breed a female lopunny/buneary with a male hitmonchan with ice punch for a male buneary, than breed it with a female sneasel/weavel, or at least thats what I think I did. Hitmonchan learns ice punch naturally through level up. If you are too lazy to get one you could check out serebii's forums as they have some good trade threads. I think you can get tyrogue using the pokeradar if you want to catch it yourself.

I might also take out Heracross for my Heatran.
Heatran @ Life Orb
Nature: Careful (I know, but it still reaches like 329 attack)
EVs: 252 SpAtk, 64 Def, 64 SpDef, 127 Spe
Trait: Flash Fire
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon

It's a special sweeper to help even out my team some more, as I had 3 Physical and 1 Special before, this helps even my team out a bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)