Rate My Stall Team

The idea behind this team is to get as many entry hazards as I can then either stall out or try KO with one of my 2 attackers depending on what kind of team I am up against

I have tried and tested quite a few teams but so far I have had most success with this one and looking to try and improve it because it either works really well or it gets beat so fast

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 176 HP/84 Def/248 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Stealth Rock
Standard 1st move and starting off my plan to slowerly take my opponents hp and stop certain pokemon wanting to switch in and out alto e.g. menace
- Stockpile
Great move hippo can really use these boots well these boots have saved me many a time from Boom Booms(Explosion)
- Slack Off
Recovers my hp in-between stockpiles and for stalling after I get my toxic spikes down
- Roar
Use for phazing and scouting, build up damage on my opponents team to put them into KO range for my sweepers or just KO depending on what it sends out
----------
The main problem I have with this guy is a single choice item and he is shutdown completely but if I predict this coming then out comes my jolteon as any choice item(but band) he quite happily takes
---

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP/64 Atk/176 Def/16 Spd
- Brave Bird
Great for taking out machamps and other fighting types and generally good damage on all that doesn’t resist
- Roost
Recovery form attacks or brave bird recoil ( very rarely a chance to use this unfortunately) but useful when I get to use as it can use this against a DDgara and either roost off or whirlwind it away to take more damage from SR when he comes back
- Spikes
Stage 2 of my plan get more entry hazards in if I manage to get 3 layers of these in then anything switching in generally takes a lot of damage and when I phaze something then the damage really adds up
- Whirlwind
Another phazing move I can come in against a lot of physical attackers and blow them away doing more entry damage (the whole base of my team)
------
This has been a great asset to me has stop DDgara in the middle of its tango many times and I can often get 2 layers of spikes down before this thing is dead
---

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
The 3rd and final entry hazard I can often get at least 1 layer down if not 2 which cripples so many spc sweepers
- Rapid Spin
Not really sure I need this personally but its here anyway to help my switches (probably changeable)
- Knock Off
Great utility move really effects things as it stop leftovers getting rid of my sandstorm damage and kills choice/life orb holders wouldn’t swap it for anything
- Surf
STAB move and kills many counters to tenta that will try EQ him and dose ok damage to anything that doesn’t resist
------
I love this poke but after he has set up TS generally don’t get to use him which is unfortunate but of all he is my favourite toxic spiker as he can clear entry hazards that are being used against me which when I have to swap about to the appropriate wall starts to add up ( he also soaks up other teams toxic spikes)
---

Mamoswine (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 64 HP/252 Atk/192 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Ice Shard
The answer to all dragon types (and low health zapdos) this with the correct prediction or a sacrifice to get in stops things like DDmenace ripping apart my team
- Earthquake
STAB CB quake can do great damage to all that dose not resist it this move helps with things like Ttar
- Stone Edge
this is a great move for taking out things like DDgara and zapdos (Zapdos can finish this team so easy unless I kill it fast)
- Bite
A move which very few suspect it can deal good damage to rotom forms and azelf as I have 1 other moves to deal super effective damage to them
------
This has saved me so many times but requires great prediction to get it in as it is weak to many common moves but it has managed to take down 5/6 of my opponents pokes after hazards have been set up before as without ice shard DDmenace hurts me badly
---

Jolteon (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spe, -def)
- Thunderbolt
(Stab+Specs)T-bolt = pain for anything that doesn’t resist it deals such good damage to just about everything
- Hidden Power [Grass]
This poke seams to draw out swamperts so I have hp Grass to counter them which most stay in against this so I get the 0HKO on them also this draws out ground meaning 0hko generally on them with this so its such a Valuable move
- Shadow Ball
My other rotom/azelf counter attack or used when I suspect a electric resistance but know that hp grass wont do I just hit the shadow ball button and see what pops out
- Quick Attack
Gimmick move but a nice move as it KOs a lot of things as none expect a quick attack from him
------
comes in on an electric attack to wreck havoc on opponents teams with a bit of prediction this can Ko a lot of my opponents team also this is a great switch when I expect a trick coming my way as a scarf or another specs is quite happily taken
---

Shuckle (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 SDef
- Rest
As the only healing move he can have access to I use it as he can take a few hits and generally rest again before he can be KOed which ends up as a useful stall move
- Encore
anything that tried to set up on this gets encored so I can bring in a counter or set up some more hazards
- Knock Off
Great utility move really effects things as it stop leftovers getting rid of my sandstorm damage and kills choice/life orb holders wouldn’t swap it for anything ( C&p form tenta) but with the higher defences and spc defence (in sand) he can use this move a lot more effectively
- Toxic
For the flyers that escape my spikes( sort of a filler move)
------
Status absorber (most replaceable member of my team by far) but still has his uses as a staler I had spritomb and umbron here at one point but they just didn’t do the job very well.
---

My entry set uppers
My phazers
My stallers
The sweepers/revenge killers

Any advice you can give me to improve my team would be great and I will see you in battle soon
:nerd:Also this is my 1st RMT any advice ( if I make a new one) would you give me to improve:nerd:

New members

Blissey@ Leftovers Over Shuckle
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def/ 80 SpA/176 SDef
Nature: Calm (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Softboiled
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Nix Jolteon and Mamo for Bliss and a Rotom from, probobly the oven one. You need a spin stopper, a good way to deal with Scizor, and a better special wall than Tenta. Rethink the set on Hippo, with that strategy I wouldn't use SR, I'd use Toxic (for Flyers) or even EQ for those who resist Toxic spikes. Then put SR on bliss or something else.

Make the font smaller. It will be easier to read.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Hey

After looking through your team, what strikes me is a weakness to Swords Dance Lucario. If it sets up a single Swords Dance, it can pose a huge threat with just Close Combat and ExtremeSpeed alone. Close Combat severly dents Hippowdon who cannot do anything back with your current moveset, severely dents Skarmory with Close Combat, destroys Jolteon with Extremespeed, kills Mamoswine with Close Combat, kills Shuckle with Close Combat and Extremespeed takes care of Tentacruel. To fix this rather troublesome problem, first I would suggest using an EV spread of 252HP/252 Def/ 6 SpD on your Hippowdon and using Earthquake over Stockpile. This allows Hippowdon to take physical hits to its fullest potential and take Close Combat's from Lucario slightly better. With that EV spread, Hippowdon takes 75.7% - 89.3% allowing you to kill Lucario with Earthquake and heal the damage off with Slack Off. If you want more reason to switch to a more defensive Hippowdon, consider Fighting types in general. CBHeracross can maul your team. You have no initial switch-ins to fighting attacks. For this reason, you should have a cushion for these threats, in the form of a more defensive Hippowdon.

Now, I suggest you use Blissey over Shuckle. The reason I say use Blissey over Shuckle is because you need a more reliable check to Special sweepers such as CM Jirachi , CM Suicune, CM Raikou, all of which can run right through this team. Not only that, but Blissey provides Wish support for your team allowing you to heal your other Pokemon meaning that Mamoswine will be able to live longer thanks to the Wish support being provided by Blissey. Blissey also has access to a variety of status inducing moves such as Toxic and Thunder Wave and is a great Special Wall in general. For your team, I suggest using the following set:

Blissey@ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def/ 80 HP/176 SDef
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Blissey needs the extra SpD to avoid getting 2HKOed by things like SpecsLuke Aura Sphere. This spread also allows Blissey to take Focus Blasts from Gengar more effeciently. Seismic Toss is to allow you to combat Special sweepers such as Suicune, Raikou and Jirachi.Wish allows you to heal weakned team members while Toxic is used to wear down Pokemon such as Celebi,Rotom and helps wear down those Flying types that are immune to your Spikes and Tpxic Spikes such as Zapdos.

Okay, the next problem your team has is a weakness to Gyarados. After a DD, it outspeeds your entire team and then it is free to do as much damage as it wants. Earthquake kills Tentacruel and Jolteon, Waterfall takes care of Skarmory,Hippowdon, Shuckle and Mamoswine. Overall, Gyarados has the potential to seriously hurt this team with the combination of Waterfall/Earthquake. You are also running an entry hazards based team, however, you have no Ghost to block Rapid Spin and when a Rapid Spinner shows up, all of the work that you put into setting up those precious entry hazards will be for nothing. Now, there is one Pokemon that can help you block Rapid Spin and help you with Gyarados and that is one of the Rotom forms. Rotom is arguably the best Rapid Spin blocker available in Standard play. Its great typing gives it a variety of resistances and immunities giving it many oppurtunities to switch in. This, coupled with good defensive stats and access to a plethora of support moves makes Rotom a great choice for your team. Not only that, but Rotom also makes a good counter to most forms of Gyarados. Basically, Rotom ensures that your entry hazards do not get blown away when a Rapid Spinner such as Starmie comes out onto the field. In addition to the above, Rotom gives you a much welcome immunity to Fighting type moves. I suggest using Rotom over Jolteon because on this team, Rotom is superior because it does so much more for you. Since I suggested replacing Shuckle with Blissey, Rotom can now serve as your Status absorber as well. I suggest using the following set:

Rotom(Any form)@ Leftovers
EV's: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Nature: Bold
Ability: Levitate
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Shadow Ball
-Discharge

This is Rotom's standard defensive set and allows it to act arguably one of the the best Rapid Spin blocker available in the current metagame. Its unique typing gives it a variety of resistances and immunities giving it many oppurtunities to switch in. When coupled with good defensive stats, it is a difficult Pokemon to take down. Shadow Ball is used to combat opposing Rotom's and Discharge has a very useful 30% paralysis rate which can prov handy throughout the course of your matches. Rest is for healing yourself and Sleep Talk is so you are not defenseless while sleeping.

After looking through your team, what strikes me is a weakness to Swords Dance Lucario. If it sets up a single Swords Dance, it can pose a huge threat with just Close Combat and ExtremeSpeed alone. Close Combat severly dents Hippowdon who cannot do anything back with your current moveset, severely dents Skarmory with Close Combat, destroys Jolteon with Extremespeed, kills Mamoswine with Close Combat, kills Shuckle with Close Combat and Extremespeed takes care of Tentacruel. To fix this rather troublesome problem, first I would suggest using an EV spread of 252HP/252 Def/ 6 SpD on your Hippowdon and using Earthquake over Stockpile. This allows Hippowdon to take physical hits to its fullest potential and take Close Combat's from Lucario slightly better. With that EV spread, Hippowdon takes 75.7% - 89.3% allowing you to kill Lucario with Earthquake and heal the damage off with Slack Off. If you want more reason to switch to a more defensive Hippowdon, consider Fighting types in general. CBHeracross can maul your team. You have no initial switch-ins to fighting attacks. For this reason, you should have a cushion for these threats, in the form of a more defensive Hippowdon.

Now, I suggest you use Blissey over Shuckle. The reason I say use Blissey over Shuckle is because you need a more reliable check to Special sweepers such as CM Jirachi , CM Suicune, CM Raikou, all of which can run right through this team. Not only that, but Blissey provides Wish support for your team allowing you to heal your other Pokemon meaning that Mamoswine will be able to live longer thanks to the Wish support being provided by Blissey. Blissey also has access to a variety of status inducing moves such as Toxic and Thunder Wave and is a great Special Wall in general. For your team, I suggest using the following set:

Blissey@ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def/ 80 SpA/176 SDef
- Wish
- Softboiled
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Sp.Att Ev's on something that doesn't even have a special attack? I suggest Wish, Protect, Toxic and Flamethrower.
Blissey needs the extra SpD to avoid getting 2HKOed by things like SpecsLuke Aura Sphere. This spread also allows Blissey to take Focus Blasts from Gengar more effeciently. Seismic Toss is to allow you to combat Special sweepers such as Suicune, Raikou and Jirachi.Wish allows you to heal weakned team members while Toxic is used to wear down Pokemon such as Celebi,Rotom and helps wear down those Flying types that are immune to your Spikes and Tpxic Spikes such as Zapdos.

Okay, the next problem your team has is a weakness to Gyarados. After a DD, it outspeeds your entire team and then it is free to do as much damage as it wants. Earthquake kills Tentacruel and Jolteon, Waterfall takes care of Skarmory,Hippowdon, Shuckle and Mamoswine. Overall, Gyarados has the potential to seriously hurt this team with the combination of Waterfall/Earthquake. You are also running an entry hazards based team, however, you have no Ghost to block Rapid Spin and when a Rapid Spinner shows up, all of the work that you put into setting up those precious entry hazards will be for nothing. Now, there is one Pokemon that can help you block Rapid Spin and help you with Gyarados and that is one of the Rotom forms. Rotom is arguably the best Rapid Spin blocker available in Standard play. Its great typing gives it a variety of resistances and immunities giving it many oppurtunities to switch in. This, coupled with good defensive stats and access to a plethora of support moves makes Rotom a great choice for your team. Not only that, but Rotom also makes a good counter to most forms of Gyarados. Basically, Rotom ensures that your entry hazards do not get blown away when a Rapid Spinner such as Starmie comes out onto the field. In addition to the above, Rotom gives you a much welcome immunity to Fighting type moves. I suggest using Rotom over Jolteon because on this team, Rotom is superior because it does so much more for you. Since I suggested replacing Shuckle with Blissey, Rotom can now serve as your Status absorber as well. I suggest using the following set:

Rotom(Any form)@ Leftovers
EV's: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Nature: Bold
Ability: Levitate
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Shadow Ball
-Discharge

This is Rotom's standard defensive set and allows it to act arguably one of the the best Rapid Spin blocker available in the current metagame. Its unique typing gives it a variety of resistances and immunities giving it many oppurtunities to switch in. When coupled with good defensive stats, it is a difficult Pokemon to take down. Shadow Ball is used to combat opposing Rotom's and Discharge has a very useful 30% paralysis rate which can prov handy throughout the course of your matches. Rest is for healing yourself and Sleep Talk is so you are not defenseless while sleeping.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)