- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard

Ground immune
Cripples Shit
Keeps this thread from completely dying

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Dodrio @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

A Ground immunity and a revenge killer that appreciates Stealth Rock and Spikes, team has Relicanth, Kingler, and Camerupt for Rock and Steel-types, and the team needed some speed.

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
So I've actually been playing with this team some and the Dodrio fixes a lot of the larger problems this team has so I'm voting for that

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Needs a scarf at this point, so Tone's Dodrio

We also don't have something to switch into Golem's QuakeEdge coverage at this point, so perhaps we could use a pure Grass-type over Roselia (Quilladin) so that we can account for Golem somehow once the team is finished.

Thisbemyalt

Shiba sucks
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Im down for dodrio but if we do that this team needs to be adjusted to handle golem better, maybe give zeb hp grass and give rose more speed.

tone

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The clear winner is tone's dodrio
At this point we can start final revisions. Test the team out, see what it needs, discuss, give it a rate... there's always a way to improve. I'm sure people will try suggesting different things, and this won't be on for much longer but revision is always good. For now at least we got a full team out so yay!

Last edited:
So if we test it and it underperforms can we potentially change mons

EDIT: Also we never posted a finalized version of the team, I'll do it if you want

MZ

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So if we test it and it underperforms can we potentially change mons

EDIT: Also we never posted a finalized version of the team, I'll do it if you want
yes, and check post 2 for that although I'll make it more convenient there as well

yes, and check post 2 for that although I'll make it more convenient there as well
We should probably remove kingler's slashes lol, also I noticed the team can really struggle with golem and monferno so I'm going to using hp grass > hp ice on Zeb just to help a bit with Golem.

I don't really have a quick fix for the ferno weakness except perhaps using sleep powder on rose, which ferno can set up on (also helps with golem) and/or trying out jolly kingler

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Kingler @ Life Orb / Splash Plate
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Agility
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide / Super Power / Swords Dance

I think the first order of business it to decide which set of slashes we should be using. Personally after testing 3 or 4 matches I can say I think Swords Dance, Splash Plate and Adamant are the best options. This team by no means struggles with Ninjask and RP Regice, it can fare against Huntail and Gorebyss decently and Rotom-Frost and Mr. Mime aren't too hard to deal with so I think adamant is the better nature.

MZ

so are we going to try to end this and do another round of this or is this just gonna be dead again
Considering how we barely made it through the first one I wasn't going to push it. Additionally, tier shifts are in about a week, which would make this a poor time to start. But if people express interest I might start up a new one once shifts are over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)