ORAS PU PU balance team

Introduction:
Hello guys, please rate my PU team I have been playing with. It got me a decent 10W 4L record on the ladder. This team is built around a sub + nasty plot simipour, one of the main pu threats.

Team:

Pacific (Simipour) (F) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot

Pacific is the main sweeper for this team. A nasty plot and torrent boosted hydro pump hurts stuff that even resist it. Ice beam is there for coverage against bulky grass and dragons. Substitute allows her to scout for status moves and allow her to safely activate her salac berry and to get into torrent range, aiding her sweep. I chose timid nature and max speed evs to outspeed as much possible after a salac berry boost. Max special attack evs max out her damage. The remaining 4 evs go into hp to make her hp divisible by 4, allowing her to get the salac berry boost with just 3 subs.

Thor (Zebstrika) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Thor is the revenge killer and grass immunity for this team. She can bring in a teammate safely with volt switch as well as dish out decent damage with life orb boosted tbolts. Overheat allows her to hit bulky grass and steel types and hp ice allows her to damage dragon and ground types. I chose a timid nature to make sure I outspeed floatzel and anything slower than it. Max special attack allows her to hit as hard as possible, since her base special attack is only 80. I chose sap sipper as her ability because my team needed a good grass switch in and my team already had enough to handle electric types.

Alokar (Fraxure) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Poison Jab
- Aqua Tail

Alokar is the backup sweeper for this team as well as providing decent defensive synergy with the rest of the team. Even with only one dragon dance he still hits like a truck with dragon claw. Poison jab is there for pesky fairy types and aqua tail is there to OHKO lead golem through sturdy with mold breaker. Max attack and speed evs allow me to hit as hard and as fast as possible. I chose an adamant nature because I really need the extra damage to guarantee the ohko on golem. Eviolite gives him a massive boost in durability because he is somewhat frail without it.
252+ Atk Mold Breaker Fraxure Aqua Tail vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Golem: 320-380 (106.3 - 126.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Pompeii (Camerupt) (M) @ Passho Berry
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Pompeii is the electric immunity as well as the main fire resist for this team. I chose the specially defensive set because I needed something to tank special hits. Lava plume and earth power are basic stab moves that still hit decently hard with no special attack investment. Stealth rock is a must on any team, and roar allows him to phase set up sweepers that somewhat trouble this team. Max hp and special defense with a calm nature gives him the best chance to survive strong special attacks. I chose a passho berry as his item to give him a chance to survive a water attack combined with solid rock.

Siberia (Avalugg) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Avalanche
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Earthquake

Siberia is the physical wall and spinner for this team. His huge base defense allows him to live every neutral physical attack in the game that isn't massively boosted. Rapid spin allow him to clear hazards which is important as this team needs to switch a lot. Recover along with leftovers lets him live longer in order for him to continuously provide utility for his team. Avalanche is a powerful stab move and earthquake smacks fire, rock, and steel types hard. I chose sturdy for his ability to guarantee he can survive an attack from full hp. I chose a specially defensive ev spread because his base defense is already very high.

Pink puff (Wigglytuff) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Pink puff is the support for this team. She can heal her teammates with wish and can cure their status with heal bell. Dazzling beam hits dragon, dark, and fighting types surprisingly hard as well as provides a basic stab move that has no immunities. Protect is there to ensure she can heal herself safely. Competitive allows her to take advantage of the enemy team using defog as well as random stat drops like from psychic and shadow ball. I chose a specially defensive ev spread seeing as most poison and steel type attacks are physical, making her hard to ko with special attacks. Leftovers gives her passive recovery.

Threats:
Grass types: They are a pain for this team seeing as my only grass resists are fraxure and zebstrika.
Fighting types: I have no fighting resist which means they completely destroy my team and I have to rely on revenge KOing them. Thankfully they are rare in the PU tier.

Thank you for reading and please leave suggestions to improve my team.

LordST

Dormi Bene Duce
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Hey man cool team and welcome to PU! I wanna suggest a few changes to the team that will optimize the squad.

Wigglytuff --> Audino

Audino @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Encore/Heal Bell
- Protect
- Knock Off
Audino is without question the best cleric in PU and outclasses Wigglytuff by miles. Regenerator, access to solid support moves like Knock Off and Encore, and solid defensive stats are all much more useful than Wigglytuff's slightly higher HP stat. Pure normal typing also means Audino is pressured by much fewer mons such as Metang or Roselia which would otherwise force Wigglytuff out. Encore is used to make sure Audino is not setup bait which I would recommend for your team, but Heal Bell is an option if you would like.

Fraxure --> Leafeon

Leafeon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge
- Baton Pass
I noticed your team has a big weakness to ground types and Golem in particular. As it stands everything gets 2hkoed by EdgeQuake and Fraxure, while a good lure, isn't the most reliable way of beating it. I also noticed your team lacks a revenge killer which is crucial in this current offensive meta. Scarf Leafeon remedies both of these issues. It can switch in on Golem and threaten it with a 4x effective Leaf Blade as well as revenge kill two of our most common scarf users: Rotom-F and Mr. Mime. Double Edge hits everything Knock Off and Leaf Blade can't such as Sticky Hold Muk, Monferno, and Jumpluff. Baton Pass can give you momentum if you predict your opponent to switch out to a check like Defensive Mawile.

Avalugg --> Vullaby

Vullaby (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost
Your team is massively weak to Fighting as you pointed out so I'm going to suggest you replace Avalugg with Vullaby. Vullaby fills the same roll as a hazard remover, good switch in to grasses, and a decent switch in to Normals while still able to check Monferno. Vullaby is also a lot less passive than Avalugg as it has Foul Play to deter setup and U-turn to pivot out of unfavorable match ups.

I hope you consider these suggestions carefully and good luck!

Last edited:

TJ

Banned deucer.
is the Smogon Tour Season 34 Championis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Hey man welcome to PU! I wanted to make a suggestion to your team.

Golem --> Camerupt
golem.gif

Golem @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 224 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Tank Golem provides amazing role compression. It gives you're team a bird resist, normal resist, electric immunity, and lastly a more prominent Stealth Rocker. Golem is by far the best Stealth Rocker user in the tier, and nothing can fulfill its role better. I highly recommend this suggestion on your team. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)