Programming Thread

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Glad to see a thread like this

I am a web developer, mostly focused on the front-end with HTML, CSS (I actually use SASS more nowadays), and JavaScript. I am currently getting into back-end development with Express (a Node.js framework), working with databases (currently MySQL), and asynchronous programming. Also planning on getting better with some of the mainstream front-end frameworks (I have some experience with Vue.js but it's far from huge. Also, I really hate those frameworks, they feel like an overkill half of the time).

I have one published website on the internet, which is for book of a friend of mine. However, because it has personal information about him that I'd rather not publish here, I am unable to link to it (it's not in English either). I have some mini projects which I have deployed on my GitHub profle, but they are highly specific for their purposes and I'd have to explain a lot before most people can even get close to understanding what they are supposed to do. If I ever make a demo website that I am really proud of, I may link to it here in a separate post.

In addition, I code many of the articles for The Flying Press and Articles and In-Game Guides, though I only code the article content itself, so I don't get to do amazing things with the HTMLs, in most cases.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
good times!

i am currently working on a bachelor's in computer science, and am loving it. python is fun, Java is actually annoying but still fun as the rigorous syntax demands help my formative learning!! i am eager to learn C and its ilk but haven't gotten to that yet in my curriculum, but i am already attracted to the syntax as it looks the most "mathy" !! and i looove math, so...

i am super interested in web development and cyber security, Javascript and HTML attract me because i like the idea of mastering a programming style that i could put in front of anyone via their web browser, as those aren't going away any time soon. currently i'm learning the basics of generating computer images via code, which i hate, as i don't intend to ever generate images in the way the computer can via coded, trigonometric functions... but i do appreciate the learning process!

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Hey! Surprised this thread hasn’t been made before. I’m still somewhat of a noob with programming, having only done it for just over a year now, but I’m super interested in it. I’m a maths guy, so not too much programming experience, but my new job requires it. I was taught C++ and MATLAB at uni, taught myself Python, and now have to teach myself R and SQL. This is all for finance and data science. I’ve been learning R through ISLR2.

I’m in the middle of a personal programming project which has been really fun. It’s nothing too impressive but I’m ROM hacking Pokemon Crystal by editing source code. I also made a program that would take in someone’s ratings for anime they’ve seen and recommend them a new series. I also made a Twitter bot and a discord bot for GSC community usage. I’m not sure if someone has or not already but I may make a program to find optimal decisions in commonly seen instances in competitive Pokemon like Snorlax wars in GSC or Tauros wars in RBY.

I love problem solving in general so when I’m bored, if I’m not doing a random math Olympiad problem, I try to give leetcode a go. Started advent of code but got busy with work so haven’t done much of that. I’m not amazing at them as I’m still quite inexperienced but they are really fun to do.

Surprised you didn’t start this thread off with “Hello World!” lol

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)