Move 2: Ice Beam
Move 3: Tri Attack
Move 4: Trick/ Psychic
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Download/ Trace
Nature: Timid
EVs: 52 HP. 252 SpA. 204 Spe

[Why this set should be on-site]

- Most pokemon in UU are weaker special defensively ergo Porygon2 should have no problem achieving a desired download boost, increasing its special attack to an unprecendented 464. This will allow it to act as an effective late-game sweeper.
- Boltbeam and Tri Attack grant perfect coverage in UU on everything except Magneton, who is rarely seen in conventional play.
- Trick can potentially incapacitate a wall, allowing other team mates to effectively sweep the opposing team.
- Psychic can be selected over Trick for additional type coverage in hitting the omnipresent fighting and poison types of the UU tier.
- Fantastic bulk allows it to switch in on physical/special attacks with relative ease and surprise opponents with its 340 speed stat, outrunning the majority of UU, including +Spe Mismagius.
- Alternatively, Trace can be used to act as a counter to weather teams that focus on abusing Chlorophyll and Swift swim. This will allow Porygon2 to OHKO Gorebyss and Kabutops with Thunderbolt and KO Exeggutor and Shiftry with Ice Beam.

[Additional Comments]

- A Modest nature can be used for more power, although you miss the chance to outrun +Spe 105s.
- EVs allow Porygon2 to outrun +Spe 105s and the remaining max out special attack and HP for bulk.

[Team-Mates]

- Team mates that can remove opposing ghost types will aid a Tri-attack sweep from Porygon2, strong pursuiters are recommended such as Absol and Spiritomb are ideal. Spiritomb is also capable of taking fighting attacks aimed at Porygon2 and retaliate with WoW.
- Fighting pokemon can also aid Porygon2's sweep by removing Chansey, who walls this set completely aside from trick. Heracross deserves a special mention, as it resists fighting, Porygon2's sole weakness and is also capable of absorbing status for a guts boost. It's access to pursuit is also a major boon, and eases the removal of Porygon2's counters.
- Sweepers such as Mismagius and Houndoom will appreciate the removal of Milotic from obstructing their sweep, whom Porygon2 2HKOs.

[Counters]

- Chansey and specially defensive Clefable can counter scarf variants quite effectively, but must be aware of Trick.
- Bulky fighting types like Hariyama can also take a hit and KO back with a super-effective CC.

(This is not a gimmick! I'm being serious!!)

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd make a mention of Trace if I were you, since with Choice Scarf and Trace, Porygon2 would be able to outspeed all Swift Swimmers/Chlorophyll abusers in apart from Jolly Floatzel in the rain (Which is rare to see the least) in their respective weathers by Tracing Swift Swim or Chlorophyll and revenge kill them.

I'd make a mention of Trace if I were you, since with Choice Scarf and Trace, Porygon2 would be able to outspeed all Swift Swimmers/Chlorophyll abusers in apart from Jolly Floatzel in the rain (Which is rare to see the least) in their respective weathers by Tracing Swift Swim or Chlorophyll and revenge kill them.
Good point there Shrang, I didn't think about it from that point of view. I'll make a mention of it. Thanks!

Mention Heracross as a teammate, particularly Scarfed and Banded variants. They can use Pursuit, and resist Porygon's Fighting weakness. They also hit hard and ScarfCross can outspeed things Porygon can't, like Sceptile. Porygon also does a good job of beating down the Pokemon that check/counter Hera, like Weezing.

How does Psychic hit Psychic-types again? I'd remove that.

Also, you have four unused EVs in your spread.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Are we allowed to mention Heracross? I'm pretty sure we decided to not include him in analyses for the time being. He doesn't have much of an effective on many Pokemon's analyses bar stuff like Registeel and Chansey, so I wouldn't recommended mentioning him in the analysis.

In place of him you could mention something like Hitmonlee? Kind of the same except he lacks Pursuit (and Guts, bug-typing, blah,blah).

Mention Heracross as a teammate, particularly Scarfed and Banded variants. They can use Pursuit, and resist Porygon's Fighting weakness. They also hit hard and ScarfCross can outspeed things Porygon can't, like Sceptile. Porygon also does a good job of beating down the Pokemon that check/counter Hera, like Weezing.

How does Psychic hit Psychic-types again? I'd remove that.

Also, you have four unused EVs in your spread.
I meant poison types, sorry about the typo, I'll add in the 4 EVs and I'll give a mention to Heracross.

Are we allowed to mention Heracross? I'm pretty sure we decided to not include him in analyses for the time being. He doesn't have much of an effective on many Pokemon's analyses bar stuff like Registeel and Chansey, so I wouldn't recommended mentioning him in the analysis.

In place of him you could mention something like Hitmonlee? Kind of the same except he lacks Pursuit (and Guts, bug-typing, blah,blah).
Dunno, if a mod comes along and says we're not allowed, I'll just edit it out. Don't think Hitmonlee will be a good partner though cause its quite fragile and can't switch in easily on opposing fighting types...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)