Pokemon: The New First Gen (Submissions for new Pokemon Over, Except costumes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I second this. We need to have an Ubers meta aswell.
Ubers makes sense, since it makes every Pokemon we've created usable. It also gives a place for broken-in-practice things to be before tweaking them, and opens new options for certain Pokemon (e.g. Nemorathon Baton Pass Shenanigans, anything else's Baton Pass Shenanigans)

Side note: Coralcopia's moveset isn't on the doc anymore. Should I repost it?

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Look on the spreadsheet. Look at the tiers. There's Ubers listed there, which is OU's banlist -Mega Ray. If we nerf and change stuff instead of banning, will Ubers ever get any new additions?
OU Pokémon can still be used in Ubers after they're nerfed. The same isn't true for overpowered Ubers mons. OU will probably have more players, more traffic, more sets and teambuilding, etc. More people will use OU Pokémon, the "main meta" as Pika Xreme said it. Ubers Pokemon will exist but won't be nearly as used.
Oh, and I think it should also be noted that Ubers isn't properly a tier. Things who suck in Ubers and are completely unviable don't drop to OU unless they're not too overpowered for OU. Ferrothorn, a OU Pokémon, is currently B+ Rank Ubers, while Deoxys, an Ubers Pokémon, is D Rank. Ferrothorn can be used in both tiers. If Deoxys was OU, it would be overpowered, so it can't be used. But it's complete garbage in Ubers. See how this works? The same could happen to a Harmo Ubers Pokémon if we refused to nerf some of them.
However after saying all of that, I do have to say that I get your point. If people want to make broken mons, well... let them do that. They'll exist if someone wants to use them.

This was glossed over awhile ago. While I know that most of this Pet Mod isn't on the doc, I don't think this was ever acknowledged, so I'd like to get an opinion on it
I like it.

Yeah, I agree too, right now, the only Poke'mon intened to be Ubers are Amnicrypha, Scergafectus and Aurulong-O
Hmmmm.... Hhmmmmmhhhh... Is that so... You know what we're also missing...... Primals...

Primal Genesect
Typing: Bug
Ability: Tinted Lens
HP: 101 (+30) [Gains HP difference when transforming like Power Construct Zygarde]
Atk: 130 (+10)
Def: 105 (+10)
SpA: 130 (+10)
SpD: 105 (+10)
Spe: 129 (+30)
BST: 700 (+100)
Flavor: "This Pokémon existed 300 million years ago. Team Plasma altered it and attached a cannon to its back." -Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 Pokédex. In the Harmo region, a mysterious Mallow Orb was found by excavators. When Genesect comes in contact with this strange orb, its true power is restored and modern alterations are removed.
New Moves: Ancient Predation*, Seed Bomb, Sludge Bomb, Quiver Dance, High Jump Kick.
Competitive Analysis: This is an old version of buffed Genesect that I made for a dead metagame, changed a little to fit the primal theme and to only add 5 new moves. Possibly the most versatile single offensive Pokémon ever (Rotom/Arceus/Silvally/Varibrawl/Aurulong forms don't count, they're not 1 Pokémon :P ). I don't think this can be summed up in a short analysis because of how many sets there are so you'll just have to use it...

*Ancient Predation
Type:
Bug (Spec)
Power: 80
Accuracy: 100%
Effect: Priority +1. Deals Bug/Rock type damage.
Pokémon who get it: Genesect. Fails if the user is not Primal Genesect.
x1/4 - Fighting, Steel
x1/2 - Ground, Fairy, Ghost, Poison
x1 - Flying, Fire, Normal, Water, Dragon, Electric, Rock
x2 - Grass, Dark, Psychic, Bug, Ice

OU Pokémon can still be used in Ubers after they're nerfed. The same isn't true for overpowered Ubers mons. OU will probably have more players, more traffic, more sets and teambuilding, etc. More people will use OU Pokémon, the "main meta" as Pika Xreme said it. Ubers Pokemon will exist but won't be nearly as used.
Oh, and I think it should also be noted that Ubers isn't properly a tier. Things who suck in Ubers and are completely unviable don't drop to OU unless they're not too overpowered for OU. Ferrothorn, a OU Pokémon, is currently B+ Rank Ubers, while Deoxys, an Ubers Pokémon, is D Rank. Ferrothorn can be used in both tiers. If Deoxys was OU, it would be overpowered, so it can't be used. But it's complete garbage in Ubers. See how this works? The same could happen to a Harmo Ubers Pokémon if we refused to nerf some of them.
However after saying all of that, I do have to say that I get your point. If people want to make broken mons, well... let them do that. They'll exist if someone wants to use them.

I like it.

Hmmmm.... Hhmmmmmhhhh... Is that so... You know what we're also missing...... Primals...

Primal Genesect
Typing:
Bug
Ability: Tinted Lens
HP: 101 (+30) [Gains HP difference when transforming like Power Construct Zygarde]
Atk: 130 (+10)
Def: 105 (+10)
SpA: 130 (+10)
SpD: 105 (+10)
Spe: 129 (+30)
BST: 700 (+100)
Flavor: "This Pokémon existed 300 million years ago. Team Plasma altered it and attached a cannon to its back." -Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 Pokédex. In the Harmo region, a mysterious Mallow Orb was found by excavators. When Genesect comes in contact with this strange orb, its true power is restored and modern alterations are removed.
New Moves: Ancient Predation*, Seed Bomb, Sludge Bomb, Quiver Dance, High Jump Kick.
Competitive Analysis: This is an old version of buffed Genesect that I made for a dead metagame, changed a little to fit the primal theme and to only add 5 new moves. Possibly the most versatile single offensive Pokémon ever (Rotom/Arceus/Silvally/Varibrawl/Aurulong forms don't count, they're not 1 Pokémon :P ). I don't think this can be summed up in a short analysis because of how many sets there are so you'll just have to use it...

*Ancient Predation
Type:
Bug (Spec)
Power: 80
Accuracy: 100%
Effect: Priority +1. Deals Bug/Rock type damage.
Pokémon who get it: Genesect. Fails if the user is not Primal Genesect.
x1/4 - Fighting, Steel
x1/2 - Ground, Fairy, Ghost, Poison
x1 - Flying, Fire, Normal, Water, Dragon, Electric, Rock
x2 - Grass, Dark, Psychic, Bug, Ice
why would removing something's modification make is more powerful?

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
who knows :P

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen7pokemonthenewfirstgeneration-17995

First ever test with the starters

Steelicillo won't be as bad as Pika Xreme said :P
I wouldn't be so sure; it could really go either way with it being viable. Sash isn't really too good of an item, except in that test battle where you had to get the only priority user out of the way to get a Shell Smash sweep. In the final meta, weather (Hail), Hazards, and other priority users are bound to be on every team, making this a bit less viable than shown here. But, all of those could be controlled, as a drought user would help Steelicillo immensely, hazard control does exist, and psychic terrain would allow it to sweep easier.

I'm just saying a 3 on 3 doesn't perfectly show how viabile a mon is, especially when your teams are set.

Cool thread, I stopped by to ckeck it out right now and it looks quite interesting, as I've read in the first post, you need fossils, right? Here's my attempt :]

Stegross
Stegosaur + Gross

Type 1: Rock
Type 2: Poison

Ability 1: Poison Touch
Ability 2: Weak Armor
Hidden Ability: Corrosion

HP: 36
Atk: 80
Def: 70
SpA: 15
SpD: 60
Spe: 9
BST: 300

Notable Moves: Gunk Shot, Stone Edge, Stealth Rocks, Dragon Tail, Earthquake, Rapid Spin, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Toxic, Slack Off, Roar

Design Conecept: Based on Stegosaurus, obviously, but spits poison from its mouth. It has almost like a spiky, toxic club on the end of its tail, and has a armor made of bones. It looks very small and innoffensive

Evolves by leveling up with Gunk Shot.

Stegunk
Stegosaur + Gunk

Type 2: Poison

Ability 1: Stamina
Ability 2: Weak Armor
Hidden Ability: Corrosion

HP: 79
Atk: 130
Def: 120
SpA: 45
SpD: 105
Spe: 41
BST: 520

Notable Moves: Gunk Shot, Stone Edge, Stealth Rocks, Dragon Tail, Earthquake, Rapid Spin, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Toxic, Slack Off, Roar

Design Conecept: Based on Stegosaurus, obviously, but spits poison from its mouth. It has almost like a spiky, toxic club on the end of its tail, and has a armor made of bones. This Pokemon is very large and intimidating, it has stone toxic spikes growing from its back too.

Competitive Analysis: Hits very hard with 135 Base Attack and is quite tanky. Has SR and Rapid Spin support too, and also can recover its HP with Slack Off, low speed, tons of weaknesses and its relative fragility on the special side hurt Stegunk though. The ability to poison Steel and opposing Poison-Types is very interesting as well, as this is a very bulky mon, and a better user than Salazzle.

Velectro
Velociraptor + Electro

Type 2: Electric

Ability 1: Static
Ability 2: Petrifying Touch (This Pokemon's moves have a 30% chance to paralyze on top of their original chance)
Hidden Ability: Galvanize

HP: 36
Atk: 80
Def: 70
SpA: 15
SpD: 15
Spe: 54
BST: 300

Notable Moves: Wild Charge, Stone Edge, Head Smash, Earthquake, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Volt Switch, Taunt, Knock Off, Magnet Rise, Return (Galvanize), Stealth Rocks, Dragon Tail

Design Conecept: This Pokemon is based on a Velociraptor, and has what seems to be a plug at the very end of its tail. Its said to be the Pokemon that introduced Electricity to humans. This Pokemon is also tiny and very quick.

Evolves by leveling up with Wild Charge

Veloshock
Velociraptor + Shock

Type 2: Electric

Ability 1: Static
Ability 2: Petrifying Touch (This Pokemon's moves have a 30% chance to paralyze on top of their original chance)
Hidden Ability: Galvanize

HP: 79
Atk: 130
Def: 120
SpA: 45
SpD: 45
Spe: 101
BST: 520

Notable Moves: Wild Charge, Stone Edge, Head Smash, Earthquake, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Volt Switch, Taunt, Knock Off, Magnet Rise, Return (Galvanize), Stealth Rocks, Dragon Tail

Design Conecept: This Pokemon is based on a Velociraptor, and has what seems to be a plug at the very end of its tail. Its said to be the Pokemon that introduced Electricity to humans. This Pokemon is also very tall and very quick.

Competitive Analysis: Just outspeeding the crowded base 101 Speed Tier, Veloschock is a huge threat because of its high attack stat and two amazing abilities on Galvanize or Petrifying Touch. Rock + Electric is quite a bad typing though, and this Pokemon can't take Special hits too... Though, it does have a way to keep Momentum in Volt Switch and access to notable support moves in Taunt and Stealth Rocks.
L1 Rock Throw
L1 Tackle
L1 Smog
L5 Acid Armor
L9 Smack Down
L14 Take Down
L17 Sludge
L22 Rock Tomb
L26 Toxic Spikes
L33 Ancient Power
L35 Poison Tail
L37 Gunk Shot
L44 Earthquake
L55 Thrash
L67 Stone Edge
TM05 Roar
TM06 Toxic
TM09 Venoshock
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM15 Hyper beam
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM23 Smack Down
TM26 Earthquake
TM34 Sludge Wave
TM35 Flamethrower
TM36 Sludge Bomb
TM37 Sandstorm
TM38 Fire Blast
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM52 Focus Blast
TM64 Explosion
TM69 Rock Polish
TM71 Stone Edge
TM75 Swords Dance
TM78 Bulldoze
TM80 Rock Slide
TM82 Dragon Tail
TM93 Wild Charge
TM96 Nature Power
TM100 Confide
TM101 Accelerock
TM102 Acid Rain
TM107 Dragon Pulse
TM115 Rocky Terrain
TM116 Toxic Terrain
Egg Acid
Egg Acid Spray
Egg Clear Smog
Egg Poison Fang
Egg Head Smash
Egg Rock Blast
Egg Rock Wrecker
Egg Stealth Rock
Egg Wide Guard
Egg Spikes

Will edit this with the rest soon

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
why would removing something's modification make is more powerful?
It isn't just Genesect without a cannon and steel body, Primals absorb the power of nature like how Megas absorb the power of humans/trainers.

I should probably do a Primal of a Harmo legendary to go along with Genesect and its Harmo lore but I suggested stopping with the Megas at number 24 which was Primal Genesect... Hmmm... What do you say Jerrytkrot ?

It isn't just Genesect without a cannon and steel body, Primals absorb the power of nature like how Megas absorb the power of humans/trainers.

I should probably do a Primal of a Harmo legendary to go along with Genesect and its Harmo lore but I suggested stopping with the Megas at number 24 which was Primal Genesect... Hmmm... What do you say Jerrytkrot ?
I still haven't done Mega Dragalge to go with Mega Clawitzer. They're a duo so you've kinda gotta have both.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
I still haven't done Mega Dragalge to go with Mega Clawitzer. They're a duo so you've kinda gotta have both.
Well the two games that introduced Megas introduced more or less 24 each (we have 48 total real ones). Maybe the OP might have to have a poll to remove some Megas or he may have to remove them himself based on unique niches/typing/etc. But we both can submit ours. : ]

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well the two games that introduced Megas introduced more or less 24 each (we have 48 total real ones). Maybe the OP might have to have a poll to remove some Megas or he may have to remove them himself based on unique niches/typing/etc. But we both can submit ours. : ]
There are currently 21/22 Megas, so we have room for 2/3 more

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Good news:

Knyffe is the first DNA Evolution coded.
Snorlax and Knyffe both have their megas coded
The only moves left to code are the 10 I introduced a few days back
If you want to check a mon, move, ability etc: type /dgen. EG: /dgen Knyffe gives the data about Knyffe

Also, if anyone is interested in making sprites (Mainly The Cruelest), please message me on discord, as we will need them for the fan game

also, all of the coded abilities, moves, etc are on here https://github.com/XpRienzo/DragonHeaven/tree/master/mods/thefirstnewgen

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Here's this

Monstratus (Powered).png
Monstratus (Powered) (Shiny).png

(shiny is on the right)

I'm sorry for not posting in a while about sprites, I've been working on two different sprites with wings, and that's probably the hardest thing for me to get right. Anyways, I'm not sure if this one's design fits the original, and it was made for another project (which has a different shiny coloration in its regular form) so the color pallets may be something I need to change, but I dunno. And I'm also not sure if I need to modify its design at all, because a part of me says this doesn't look much like a mega, but more like a regular evolution.

Anyways, if anyone wants to help with spriting, but can't really sprite well, I can also help polish existing sprites/add the "Gen 4 Artstyle" to an existing sprite. If anyone wants me to sprite something for them, message me with the design and colors you want on the regular/shiny, but please note that it'll take a while for me to get to you, as I'm working on two fangame projects at once and I'm the main source of spriting for both.

Was gonna put this in the Discord, but I feel nobody would see it so...

Code:
flamingairy: {
        num: 8015,
        species: "Flamingairy",
        types: ["Flying", "Fairy"],
        baseStats: {hp: 104, atk: 49, def: 78, spa: 90, spd: 10, spe: 79},
abilities: {0: "Misty Surge", 1: "Tangled Feet", H: "Unaware"},
I knew something was up when I saw that Flamigairy had only 57 SpDef at Level 100. It must've been accidentally made Base 10 instead of 100.

BTW, good work on everything else, didn't think we could get this running so fast

You mean like Banette and Dusclops were, or how Mantine and Skarm are counterparts despit Skarm not getting +20 HP? Shouldn't Ekans have had an Alolan form if Sandshrew does as should Mankey? Froslass should have Mega, as should Slowking.

So... let's catch Slowking up!

Meger Slowking
Type: Water/Steel
Ability: Lightningrod
Stats: 95/125/110/75/160/25

The idea here is to be less brain based. The mind has dulled as the clamping Shellder turns to steel. It's slower because of the weight but it's now a physical attacker. It even gains Bulk Up and Sword Dance to go with its new Steel moves and Lightningrod is just useful to have.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
You mean like Banette and Dusclops were, or how Mantine and Skarm are counterparts despit Skarm not getting +20 HP? Shouldn't Ekans have had an Alolan form if Sandshrew does as should Mankey? Froslass should have Mega, as should Slowking.

Meger Slowking

The idea here is to be less brain based. The mind has dulled as the clamping Shellder turns to steel. It's slower because of the weight but it's now a physical attacker. It even gains Bulk Up and Sword Dance to go with its new Steel moves and Lightningrod is just useful to have.
Can't say I'm a fan of it becoming a literal lightningrod. Steel, physical attacks and electricity don't have any relation to canon information we have about Slowking... Sounds more like an Alolan/Regional Form in my opinion.
Disregarding that, wouldn't it be better if MegaSlowking simply had defense and special defense reversed from MegaSlowbro's stats like Slowking/Slowbro?

Meger Slowking

tbh I think we'll get a mega froslass in the DPPT remakes unless they really have given up on the idea of new megas

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
You mean like how Gardevoir and Gallade follow that pattern?
Gamefreak probably realized MegaGallade would be worse than MegaGardevoir with Inner Focus with similar stats, so they moved some stats around. Imagine MegaGallade with 68/165/65/95/135/100 (keeping the similarity). MegaGallade would hit 25% less than MegaGardevoir's Pixilate boosted moves, with a worse defensive typing, while being outsped by the same Pokémon. So they buffed its bulk and speed. They still kept the highest stat difference (165 SpA vs 165 Atk) even after Gamefreak balanced Gallade to not be 100% worse than Gardevoir.
Now imagine how much better that MegaSlowking would be compared to MegaSlowbro. 95/180/80 vs 95/110/160 makes it more of a well-rounded wall harder to wallbreak. Water/Steel gives it 5 more resistances/immunities than MegaSlowbro, and that isn't counting Lightningrod. Lightningrod vs Shell Armor is not even a contest. And I BET that by "new Steel moves" you meant Gyro Ball, which makes the 130 SpA vs 125 Atk difference irrelevant. 25 base Speed Gyro Ball hits as hard as Psyshock on Pokémon with 60 base Speed. Clearly those crazy new differences weren't meant to make them equal in viability...
So yeah there's nothing I like about that Mega...

Gamefreak probably realized MegaGallade would be worse than MegaGardevoir with Inner Focus with similar stats, so they moved some stats around. Imagine MegaGallade with 68/165/65/95/135/100 (keeping the similarity). MegaGallade would hit 25% less than MegaGardevoir's Pixilate boosted moves, with a worse defensive typing, while being outsped by the same Pokémon. So they buffed its bulk and speed. They still kept the highest stat difference (165 SpA vs 165 Atk) even after Gamefreak balanced Gallade to not be 100% worse than Gardevoir.
Now imagine how much better that MegaSlowking would be compared to MegaSlowbro. 95/180/80 vs 95/110/160 makes it more of a well-rounded wall harder to wallbreak. Water/Steel gives it 5 more resistances/immunities than MegaSlowbro, and that isn't counting Lightningrod. Lightningrod vs Shell Armor is not even a contest. And I BET that by "new Steel moves" you meant Gyro Ball, which makes the 130 SpA vs 125 Atk difference irrelevant. 25 base Speed Gyro Ball hits as hard as Psyshock on Pokémon with 60 base Speed. Clearly those crazy new differences weren't meant to make them equal in viability...
So yeah there's nothing I like about that Mega...
Why not just change Mega Gallade's ability, then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)