Pokemon TCG Discussion Thread!

What say we open up with some discussion of the new Emerging Powers Beartic? Or if you want to post a deck list or discuss another card or trend, just start it off.

The hype this thing was receiving when it's scan was released led people to believe it was the new game-breaker. But metas evolve and adapt to deal with threats, and handled properly, Beartic isn't the destructive powerhouse many believed he would be. That being said, even when you're prepared for this scruffy ursa, he can still come back to bite you forcing a costly retreat or even a prize for fear of being revenge killed.

What makes Beartic good?

2X Weak to steel - With steel being virtually absent from the current metagame (RESHIRAM), Beartic can switch in to almost any pokemon with impunity, as only a pluspower or 110 dmg'd Reshi/Zek outrage is going to 1HKO him (outside of legend cards). And a pluspower kill is going to be difficult considering many decks utilize trainer lock now to keep Pokemon catcher in check.

The magical 130 HP - 130 HP means Beartic survives what he needs to survive. What's more... HE'S A STAGE 1! This means no rare candy setup to bring out this powerhouse, which as I've mentioned numerous times now, Vileplume won't be letting you do. This makes him a great tech for slower decks to buy some setup time, and annoy kill with the best of em.

Sheer Cold - 50 Damage is sub-par for a 3 energy attack, but the effect is worth it's weight in gold. The defending pokemon can't attack, period, during your opponents next turn. This leaves Beartic in a good position to buy you some time to set up your bench, and lock in an opponents main attacker, or force a switch/retreat. These sorts of things are costly without major energy acceleration. 80 damage on icicle crash isn't exceptional, but the combo of the two yields that magic 130 total damage for a quick two-turn kill when necessary. It also gives Beartic an option to 1HKO both Donphan and Reshiram, giving Beartic options. Given the right deck, it's not even a bad thing to toss on the extra energy (Feraligatr+Fisherman making a great partner).

Faults?

Retreat cost
- The only thing weighing down this pokemon from being too ridiculous is it's high retreat cost. Even with a tech of Dodrio retreat aid, that's still throwing away an energy to retreat. And with many decks running rainbow or multicoloured energy, tossing that away can be the nail in the coffin. It's either that, or parting with your beloved DCE. And if you aren't running dodrio, trainer lock will prevent switches, leaving you with a hefty burden of a retreat.

Overall, I would say Beartic is a fantastic card, and he was the reason I went undefeated in swiss and took 2nd in a local TCG tourney yesterday. Give him the right support, play to his advantages and don't give up his faults, and he'll serve you well.

The problem with Beartic is that Yanmega flies circles around him, being able to retreat out of the lock for free. Also, Zoroark can Foul Play Sheer Cold and put his own lock against him. Sheer Cold locks also only last for as long as it takes you to KO them. After you've killed him, they will have built up something that can revenge KO (eg Magnezone).

It's an ok card but not worth the hype.

I don't know if Yanmega is really that great a counter, as it's KO'd by the combo of sheer cold and icicle crash. Definitely a solid option, but it's frailty could be a problem, essentially trading pokemon for pokemon, which isn't the best counter. Beyond that, you might be assuming that Yanmega gets the first switch in, i.e. Beartic either forced something out, or killed it, meaning Yanmega attacks first. But Beartic isn't going to come in on Yanmega unless it can KO it. Main point, usually a deck carries a better option.

Zoroark will be kept alive thanks to Beartic though, definitely. After all, he still also counters Reshi, Zekrom, RDL and Entei/Suicune legend, which could see a rise in popularity from that deck that won 2nd at worlds.

Magnezone... with catcher... not so confident on this one. Magneboar is probably gonna drop off for the most part. The biggest problem I see with Magneboar is just getting catchered and having to waste your energy retreating... though simply running switch may help overcome this. I don't have much experience with this one, so I'm kinda left to theorymon on Magneboar overall. Donphan also hurts Magneboar's chances of making a real impact.

Beartic is definitely good, especially with Vileplume if you can find the time to get both out relatively quickly. It can really mess up a lot of decks with that simple combo

Beartic is definitely good, especially with Vileplume if you can find the time to get both out relatively quickly. It can really mess up a lot of decks with that simple combo
tbh I prefer Beartic as a tech with Feraligatr. The capability to Icicle crash when required makes Beartic a much more dangerous threat. That said, it should probably support something like Blastoise or Samurott, who are weak to electric.

If we're looking at the old Base/Jungle/Fossil metagame, neither card was particularly good, and they're still not good when combined. Because the powerful, high-HP Basics were dominant, any evolving Basic had to survive at least one, if not several, turns on the bench, which was incredibly hard to do thanks to Gust of Wind. Charizard/Venusaur isn't a very good combo either, since you're still limited to 1 Energy attachment per turn, and you'd have to set up two Stage 2's, which is pretty ridiculous considering the metagame. I could see Charizard/Blastoise as being slightly better, but it's still slower than hell.

@Beartic: I'm torn over this card. Locking your opponent from attacking is pretty damn strong, no doubt, but it needs to be backed up by Vileplume in order to really be effective, which is itself hard to do. There are plenty of decks (individual cards, even) that run circles around it as well. It's still very much worth testing out and playing against.

This seems like a good place to ask a question that has been plaguing me for years. What would be the best way for me to go about building a Gastrodon deck? It has been quite a long time since I have played, and quite frankly, I am not sure where to even begin.

If we're looking at the old Base/Jungle/Fossil metagame, neither card was particularly good, and they're still not good when combined. Because the powerful, high-HP Basics were dominant, any evolving Basic had to survive at least one, if not several, turns on the bench, which was incredibly hard to do thanks to Gust of Wind. Charizard/Venusaur isn't a very good combo either, since you're still limited to 1 Energy attachment per turn, and you'd have to set up two Stage 2's, which is pretty ridiculous considering the metagame. I could see Charizard/Blastoise as being slightly better, but it's still slower than hell.
I can't say I ever played gen 1 metagame, so I'll take your word for it. And Blastoise wouldn't work just because you can only attach to water pokemon, unless there was a poke power available that moved energy from benched to active...

This seems like a good place to ask a question that has been plaguing me for years. What would be the best way for me to go about building a Gastrodon deck? It has been quite a long time since I have played, and quite frankly, I am not sure where to even begin.
Since you're building out of rotation, the sky is the limit!
Just kidding, only 4 Gastrodon cards exist according to bulbapedia, so I guess decide the proportions of which kind you want and find supporting pokes around them.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gastrodon_(TCG)

I think East and West sea count as separate pokemon types... so you would be allowed up to 4 east and 4 west lines in your deck. Actually, I really like this Gastrodon. And there's potential for one of the West Sea versions to have decent synergy, but you'll still need some other pokemon line to help out :)

Since you're building out of rotation, the sky is the limit!
Just kidding, only 4 Gastrodon cards exist according to bulbapedia, so I guess decide the proportions of which kind you want and find supporting pokes around them.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gastrodon_(TCG)

I think East and West sea count as separate pokemon types... so you would be allowed up to 4 east and 4 west lines in your deck. Actually, I really like this Gastrodon. And there's potential for one of the West Sea versions to have decent synergy, but you'll still need some other pokemon line to help out :)
First of all, thank you for the response.

So, you are saying that if I were to build a Gastrodon deck, it would not be standard legal? In which formats would it be legal?

I am glad to hear that East and West count as two separate species, as I was hoping for such a thing. I would like to fill the deck with as many Shellos/Gastrodon as possible (without sacrificing too much, if any, playability), so naturally I will be playing a Water/Fighting deck. All the Shellos, if memory serves me right, are quite good for theme synergy, being able to search out others. What is you opinion on this Gastrodon?

And, of course, I need other pokemon and trainer cards to suppliment the deck, but I am not sure on my limitations format-wise, etc. Ah, and sadly nothing exists on that Bulbapedia page.

Venusaur shuts down haymaker better than any other deck. It can beat it outright, but usually it just creates games about who decks first zzzzzzzzzzzzz...if you start Hitmonchan, you are really shooting yourself in the foot against Venusaur, and SER/ER almost guarantee one of 2x Chanseys surviving the whole time.

I can't say I ever played gen 1 metagame, so I'll take your word for it. And Blastoise wouldn't work just because you can only attach to water pokemon, unless there was a poke power available that moved energy from benched to active...
Ah, of course. Major derp moment for me.

@CaptKirby: I only have a pretty basic grasp of BJF, so I'll take your word for it.

Going back to the present: we now have all of the scans for Psycho Drive and Hail Blizzard, the next Japanese sets. Discuss.

First of all, thank you for the response.

So, you are saying that if I were to build a Gastrodon deck, it would not be standard legal? In which formats would it be legal?

I am glad to hear that East and West count as two separate species, as I was hoping for such a thing. I would like to fill the deck with as many Shellos/Gastrodon as possible (without sacrificing too much, if any, playability), so naturally I will be playing a Water/Fighting deck. All the Shellos, if memory serves me right, are quite good for theme synergy, being able to search out others. What is you opinion on this Gastrodon?

And, of course, I need other pokemon and trainer cards to suppliment the deck, but I am not sure on my limitations format-wise, etc. Ah, and sadly nothing exists on that Bulbapedia page.
If it's not standard legal, then anything is allowed. As for that Gastrodon, it's one attack that snipes for 30 and does 10 to everything else isn't too bad, but overall Gastrodon's are pretty underwhelming as a card... haha. The reason I like the other Gastrodon is you can set it up, then use a switch and transfer the energy, meaning something else can be immediately set up to sustain pressure. It also lets you search your deck to some extent, which is good for card acceleration.

Good trainer/supporter cards to work with?

Switch
Twins (I expect these could be useful for your deck :P)
Professor Oak's New Theory or Professor Juniper or Bianca
Pokemon Communication (4 is always great)
Pokemon Collector (Definitely a useful card)

After these fairly staple cards, you more tech in different kinds of trainers suited to your strategy. For example, Sages Training can sometimes be preferrable to Professor Juniper just so you don't have to throw out your hand, but can also go through your deck quickly. Interviewers questions is good if you're running a high energy deck, especially one with special energies. Luxury Ball is fine for your deck, and probably a great idea. Rare candies are useful for getting a stage 2 out quickly. The list goes on :P

I would recommend using Machamp Prime with this Gastrodon and you could tech in your gastrodon as well. The ability to switch while retaining energy could be really handy. Broken Time Space as a Stadium card would really let your deck lay on pressure early.

Ah, of course. Major derp moment for me.

@CaptKirby: I only have a pretty basic grasp of BJF, so I'll take your word for it.

Going back to the present: we now have all of the scans for Psycho Drive and Hail Blizzard, the next Japanese sets. Discuss.
Pinsir with Victini. DCE and discard 1-2 energies (on average) attached to your opponent's pokemon. Could be good as a surprise card to drop from hand whilst retreating a baby or other free retreat cost. But overall, probably not worth the spot on your bench. Seeker might help. LostGar potential?

Shaymin EX in a rainbow energy deck. 120-150 damage at the end of the game might be a good alternative to RDL or Entei/Suicune Legend to secure your final prize cards.

LEAVANNY - Leaf Tailor
"As long as this Pokemon is in play, all of your Pokemon with any Energy attached to them have no Weakness."
Grass has a chance this generation.

Kyogre EX + Feraligatr Prime + Rare candy
Early donk capability.

Swarming Fang Basculin does a great job of killing babies and weaker stage 1's early game. Especially with a pluspower. (1W, 40 dmg, doesn't hit if the defending poke already has dmg on it).

Mewtwo EX
Worth the hype. Seriously. I have plans to use it with Blissey Prime and Reuniclus, and it's gonna be boss. EX Ball is all you need.

Musharna - VISION
I love the ability. Look at top two cards, take one, other on bottom of your deck. This reminds me of Sea Gate Oracle in MTG, and with the ability to do that once per turn, Musharna could really help accelerate any deck. Especially being a stage 1.

Reuniclus
40 dmg times number of Reun in play? Not too bad... but that 90 HP is gonna keep it down. Maybe tech 1 into a deck with a 3-2-3 Reuniclus line, the others being damage swap, just to help provide some attack.

Conkeldurr
DEAR GOD
Ability: Master Arts
This Pokemon maximum HP is increased by 20 for every Fighting Energy attached to this Pokemon.

[F][C][C][C] Mountain Drop: 80 damage. Flip a coin until you get tails, discard cards from the top of your opponent’s deck equaling the number of heads.
Difficult to set up, but that Max HP is beautiful. Damage Swap Reuniclus + Blissey Prime's new friend potential.

Cincinno - Echo Voice
Potential for trolling, and a solid 2 HKO on most pokes.

Cont.

Hydreigon
Mr. Super Sniper! I can see this mon working really well as a 2-1-2 tech in a Blastgator style deck. 60 damage and 40 to TWO bench gives him some pretty powerful sniping. And with 150 HP, he's not an easy 1HKO. Emboar would also work wonders. Heck, Klingklang might even become usable thanks to Hydreigon :P

Chandelure
Fire sniping. I can see this working as a great 2-1( or 2)-2 tech in ReshiBoar or Tyram, giving it the ability to maintain success in a trainer lock metagame where the ability to snipe could be greatly appreciated. 120 HP is a shame though.

Lapras
Decent starter

Vanilluxe
WOW. Perfect Anti-lock card. Ability "You switch your active pokemon with a bench, then they do." I expect great things from this card no matter what deck it may be teched into. After all, it is only stage 1.

Kyurem EX
Another 180 HP Goliath. Slightly less useful, but still workable, Feraligatr helps. Floatzel might work better for this guy.

Gardevoir - Ability
All psychic energy attached to your psychic pokemon count for two.
Mewtwo EX instant energy? Possibly. An attack that does 120 damage for TWO energy, discard one, is pretty beastly.

Groudon EX
180 HP goliath with a two turn KO that adds an additional 10 dmg to everything they've got. Not bad.

Bronzong - Heal Block
Does what it sounds like. A great counter to opponents looking to heal off all the damage they've been swapping with Reuniclus. This is gonna be a valuable tech card for many decks.

Bisharp
Bisharp + Scizor Prime + KlingKlang? Now Steel has something going. Still super fire weak, but hey... Not too shabby.

Regigigas
180 HP titan. This one is probably the least useful of them all, but I'm sure there's a deck for him. Reuniclus would make a great partner.

Chandelure - Ability
This one is even better for sniping! Place 3 damage counters on your opponents pokemon in any way you like if Chandy is your active? Plus an attack that burns and confuses with 50 damage. There's gonna be room for this in the metagame somehow. If not for the baby killing and the sniping, messing with Reuniclus damage swap and providing status for trainer lock, then because Chandelure is tres cool.

Trainers and Supporters​

Level Ball
90 HP or less? Not a bad search. Obviously a good card for getting a basic of some sort.

EXP share
Ah so they reprinted it. And errata'd I think. Depending on how you use it, I can see this being useful. For example, have a pokemon sitting on the bench, and through the game as your poke's die, just charge up your mon. Overall though, I don't see it being too useful.

Skyarrow Bridge
Retreat aid of 1 for both trainers eh? Throw in Dodrio on your side and you could probably run some super high costs with the benefit of a free retreat, or use super low costs and have a dodrio that doesn't take up bench space. Not bad at all.

Prism energy
BRILLIANT. Zekrom is gonna have a field day. As are all the super EX's that are basic pokemon. Seriously... Mewtwo with this energy is gonna be universally accessible.

Heavy Ball
Great search card for a final evolution. I like it. (Search for pokemon with retreat cost 3 or more)

Cilan
Awesome card. Grab 3 basic energy from your deck? Emboar/Feraligatr are gonna love it. It's like a fisherman, but you can always use it, and it accelerates your deck.

Pinsir with Victini. DCE and discard 1-2 energies (on average) attached to your opponent's pokemon. Could be good as a surprise card to drop from hand whilst retreating a baby or other free retreat cost. But overall, probably not worth the spot on your bench. Seeker might help. LostGar potential?
Won't be very effective for the same reason Crushing Hammer won't be: decks either do not care much for Energy (Yanmega), or care enough to have sufficient acceleration (Emboar, Pachirisu/Shaymin, etc).

Shaymin EX in a rainbow energy deck. 120-150 damage at the end of the game might be a good alternative to RDL or Entei/Suicune Legend to secure your final prize cards.
Shaymin has good synergy with N and maybe Slowking, but I don't think you can compare it to RDL as a game finisher. That's just an insult.

LEAVANNY - Leaf Tailor
"As long as this Pokemon is in play, all of your Pokemon with any Energy attached to them have no Weakness."
Grass has a chance this generation.
boy you best be trollin

Grass's main problem is having very weak attackers, and trying to be tanky when everything in this format hits for insane amounts of damage

Kyogre EX + Feraligatr Prime + Rare candy
Early donk capability.
A "donk" that happens turn 2 the earliest and that requires even more pieces than, say, a Zekrom/Tornadus donk? -_-

Swarming Fang Basculin does a great job of killing babies and weaker stage 1's early game. Especially with a pluspower. (1W, 40 dmg, doesn't hit if the defending poke already has dmg on it).
I agree Basculin does a good job of donking. But Tyrogue is better at it, and Basculin is not good enough at other things to warrant the slot. It can be to Tyrogue what Manaphy is to Cleffa, maybe.

Mewtwo EX
Worth the hype. Seriously. I have plans to use it with Blissey Prime and Reuniclus, and it's gonna be boss. EX Ball is all you need.
Mewtwo EX is like, one of the 4 good cards.

Musharna - VISION
I love the ability. Look at top two cards, take one, other on bottom of your deck. This reminds me of Sea Gate Oracle in MTG, and with the ability to do that once per turn, Musharna could really help accelerate any deck. Especially being a stage 1.
Uxie Lv. X, now with a billion retreat cost...but at least that means you can search it with Heavy Ball, and Psychic typing is good considering how many techs there are for it (Gardevoir, maybe even Metagross UL but I doubt you'll include that).

Reuniclus
40 dmg times number of Reun in play? Not too bad... but that 90 HP is gonna keep it down. Maybe tech 1 into a deck with a 3-2-3 Reuniclus line, the others being damage swap, just to help provide some attack.
Stupid. Even decks based around the "Round" attack on Palpitoad and Wigglytuff are better.

Conkeldurr
DEAR GOD

Difficult to set up, but that Max HP is beautiful. Damage Swap Reuniclus + Blissey Prime's new friend potential.
Would be "cool" Nidoking TM style, but all the awesome toys for Psychics, especially Mewtwo EX, will just downright ruin it. Mewtwo + DCE = gg.

Cincinno - Echo Voice
Potential for trolling, and a solid 2 HKO on most pokes.
Hate that they still print luck-based things like this, but I have good hopes that it won't be able to get anywhere. Especially because of Catcher.

Cont.

Hydreigon
Mr. Super Sniper! I can see this mon working really well as a 2-1-2 tech in a Blastgator style deck. 60 damage and 40 to TWO bench gives him some pretty powerful sniping. And with 150 HP, he's not an easy 1HKO. Emboar would also work wonders. Heck, Klingklang might even become usable thanks to Hydreigon :P
Blastgatr doesn't have room for a "2-1-2" tech. It's running 3 Stage 2s to begin with. Hell, the meta hardly has room for that deck. Emboar is better ish. Klinklang sucks. Your best bet is DCEs, I think.

Chandelure
Fire sniping. I can see this working as a great 2-1( or 2)-2 tech in ReshiBoar or Tyram, giving it the ability to maintain success in a trainer lock metagame where the ability to snipe could be greatly appreciated. 120 HP is a shame though.
I don't see this one working out. Stage 2s just need a huge ass pay-off to be worth it.

Lapras
Decent starter
Bulky basics are nice but I will never sign to a 2 retreat starter. Also, Stantler didn't have any impact so I expect Lapras won't either.

Vanilluxe
WOW. Perfect Anti-lock card. Ability "You switch your active pokemon with a bench, then they do." I expect great things from this card no matter what deck it may be teched into. After all, it is only stage 1.
Vanniluxe is a Stage 2, therefore it's relegated to being one of your Vanniluxes in a Vanniluxe deck. The Red Collection Vanniluxe is really good though.

Kyurem EX
Another 180 HP Goliath. Slightly less useful, but still workable, Feraligatr helps. Floatzel might work better for this guy.
Only seems workable for Reuniclus decks. Floatzel/Blastoise "engine" sucks for anything but Blastoise itself, imo.

Gardevoir - Ability
All psychic energy attached to your psychic pokemon count for two.
Mewtwo EX instant energy? Possibly. An attack that does 120 damage for TWO energy, discard one, is pretty beastly.
Yeah, Gardy is good.

Groudon EX
180 HP goliath with a two turn KO that adds an additional 10 dmg to everything they've got. Not bad.
I like spread damage but I just don't see this working well.

Bronzong - Heal Block
Does what it sounds like. A great counter to opponents looking to heal off all the damage they've been swapping with Reuniclus. This is gonna be a valuable tech card for many decks.
Doesn't stop people from Seekering up damage focused into one 180 HP EX Basic with Reuniclus, so not worth it. It only stops Blissey Prime (out of the good cards...Serperior is like a tier 3 card).

Bisharp
Bisharp + Scizor Prime + KlingKlang? Now Steel has something going. Still super fire weak, but hey... Not too shabby.
Fire weak is literally their only problem (aside from Magnezone). They could have 200 HP Basic Pokemon that instantly attach 4 special Metal from the deck/prizes/discard to themselves the moment they hit the bench, and a 200 damage attack, and they'd still have an autoloss (well, sort of). Until they get higher HP values and a Metapod equivalent, they're fucked.

Regigigas
180 HP titan. This one is probably the least useful of them all, but I'm sure there's a deck for him. Reuniclus would make a great partner.
Gigas is interesting for sure. Liked him better when he was wrongly translated though.

Chandelure - Ability
This one is even better for sniping! Place 3 damage counters on your opponents pokemon in any way you like if Chandy is your active? Plus an attack that burns and confuses with 50 damage. There's gonna be room for this in the metagame somehow. If not for the baby killing and the sniping, messing with Reuniclus damage swap and providing status for trainer lock, then because Chandelure is tres cool.
I want to like it, but having to be Active with a mediocre attack while being a Stage 2...I'm already having trouble with Gothitelle, ffs.

Trainers and Supporters​

Level Ball
90 HP or less? Not a bad search. Obviously a good card for getting a basic of some sort.
I like this one. Trainer lock is gonna be so huge though.

EXP share
Ah so they reprinted it. And errata'd I think. Depending on how you use it, I can see this being useful. For example, have a pokemon sitting on the bench, and through the game as your poke's die, just charge up your mon. Overall though, I don't see it being too useful.
Pseudo Tornadus on things...I don't really like it. Might try out 1 in random decks.

Skyarrow Bridge
Retreat aid of 1 for both trainers eh? Throw in Dodrio on your side and you could probably run some super high costs with the benefit of a free retreat, or use super low costs and have a dodrio that doesn't take up bench space. Not bad at all.
All I see this doing is making Smeargle more viable...it helps your opponent almost as much as you which is annoying.

Prism energy
BRILLIANT. Zekrom is gonna have a field day. As are all the super EX's that are basic pokemon. Seriously... Mewtwo with this energy is gonna be universally accessible.
Mew Prime pls.

Heavy Ball
Great search card for a final evolution. I like it. (Search for pokemon with retreat cost 3 or more)
I like this one because it encourages "heavier" decks (usually Stage 2s and other things that require set-up, stereotypically), but iono if there's room for it.

Cilan
Awesome card. Grab 3 basic energy from your deck? Emboar/Feraligatr are gonna love it. It's like a fisherman, but you can always use it, and it accelerates your deck.
My favourite card of them all, probably.

Right now im a T-Tar deck with iron defense Ferroseed (great for stalling for 2 turns. OR forcing a catcher.) Works out fine i cant wait into mewtwo EX plus Chandy.

ON A SIDE NOTE PEOPLE.

Donpahm prime + new luxray =GG
Cant wait.

@Mekkah

All criticisms pretty fair, mostly just my oversight. Completely forgot about Metagross UL. @Blastgator with Hydreigon. I should've suggested Floatzel>Gatr, much better possibility. Emboar would also likely be better. I just don't like DCE's. With only 4 in a deck, devoting 2 to one attacker is difficult, whereas building an energy acceleration engine does a much better job. Don't know why I thought Vanilluxe was a stage 1. I must've been tired :P

Also, mostly anything where I said something like "Not bad," doesn't mean good... haha. It just means you could maybe build a niche deck around it.

Donpahm prime + new luxray =GG
Cause Luxray can select Donphan and not actually do damage? Sorry... I don't see it being strong enough... You'd be better off swapping damage with Reuniclus and using a Reshi/Zek+DCE for a 140 damage outrage.

Fear its more of the speed of the deck not the damage. right now imtesting it (proxie FTW) with zekrom outrage and it works. Ill post the deck list when i feel its up to speed. But luxray I like for the fact that it is a yanmega killer. Granted Zekrom works as well but he needs ethier bolt strike or a outrage to ohko it.

Im pretty new to the tcg department.

I gotta say... I don't see how introducing a stage 2 with a weak attack (even if it 1HKO's Yanmega) would speed up a deck... 2x Fighting weak doesn't match up well against Donphan either. I wouldn't say Luxray is in danger of being 1HKO'd with a pluspower, but being a stage 2 brings with it the complications that you don't have as much room in your deck for supporting pokes or alternate attackers, so the stage 2 better be able to do the job you need it to do.

If you're testing it, I would say see how it fairs against a Tyshiram with 3-2-3 Typhlosion and 3-3 Ninetales (at least 2 Rare candy). I just don't see luxray standing the metagame. Any trainer lock variant would also be good testing.

DO u play on red shark maybe we can play sometime?

I do agree with your statement thought right now im running.
pokes:29
1-1 Zoa
3 Zekrom
2-2 Lanturn
4-4 Donpahn
4-Pach
2-Shaymin
3-2 Lux
1-Groudon EX
3-Cleffa

Trainers-16
4 Pokemon Catcher
3 Pokemon collector
3 Rare candy
2 Cilan
2 PoNT
2 Plus Power

Standard ener affaris.

Like I said new to the game but I like this deck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)