SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

The new map design looks very clean! Seems like they've really done their best to make the UI look good and be as readable as possible, which is important for handheld mode (and sadly something some other Switch games forget sometimes).

Duraludon's Gigantamax has given me a new appreciation for its design, which I previously wasn't too fond of.

IIRC it was already stated we were able to pick our own number freely (don't quote me on that, though), was part of the whole Trainer card customization
I wonder if any of the new 'mons will have weather abilities or even the auto-terrains. Will terrains still be useful without auto-setters?
The fact D-max moves set terrains will still make them significant, expecially as Psychic ones negates priority (guess what type is weak to Sucker Punch?) and elec/grass ones boost their own stabs.
They'll definitely not be as centralizing as Tapu ones though, that's guaranteed, as ultimately each player only gets 3 turns per battle to set terrain "for free", and those 3 turns might not be used for that to begin with.

More like a part of the flexibility of Dinamax if anything.

Prankster on such an offensive Pkm is certainly interesting. While Mega Banette can't make much use of it, if Grimmsnarl does know Swords Dance or, at least, any other boosting move, that's a plus. I wouldn't mind and I would not surprised if it knew Moonlight. It seems to be more of a slow and somewhat bulky Pkm, so recovery - even if it's not that reliable - would help it greatly.

Prankster on such an offensive Pkm is certainly interesting. While Mega Banette can't make much use of it, if Grimmsnarl does know Swords Dance or, at least, any other boosting move, that's a plus. I wouldn't mind and I would not surprised if it knew Moonlight. It seems to be more of a slow and somewhat bulky Pkm, so recovery - even if it's not that reliable - would help it greatly.
Megabanette has a different issue in basically not having a moveset though. This guy might actually have interesting moveset, also takes place in a metagame where most pokemon are below 80 speed, and actually has a item slot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)