SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have thoughts.
Regidrago: Basically Hairiyama 2.0, but with deplorable coverage and nothing to hit Fairies. Mighy be a decent physical wall with Breaking Swipe.
Regileki: Viable Electro Ball user, interesting trapping option, utterly pathetic coverage but at least Extreme Speed is a thing. No seriously though Rapid Spin + Electro Ball.
G-Arti: Terrible coverage. STABs + Ancient Power is highly suspect. At least Hurricane hits like a truck. Got the best distribution buff. Really wish it got to keep Ice Beam.
G-Zappy: Amazing. Really can't go wrong with Flying + Fighting STAB and it even got Blaze Kick and Stomping Tantrum for coverage. Best birdo.
G-Molt: Moltres learns Roost at L40. G-Moltres learns After You at L40. GF really has it out for G-Moltres, doesn't even keep Wisp. Bad Ho-oh turned into bad Mandibuzz. It says a lot that Kanto Moltres got objectively better buffs than G-Moltres.
Glastrier: Mono Ice-typing notwithstanding, it's pretty crazy with good coverage, same attack stat as Landorus-T, Swords Dance, and a Moxie clone. Pack your Heavy-Duty Horseshoes, I wouldn't underestimate this.
Spectrier: It's a one-trick pony, but that trick is being Chandelure with Jolteon's speed. It is concerning that it's entire usable movepool is Nasty Plot/Shadow Ball/Mud Shot/Will-o-Wisp [Dark Pulse/Hex/Foul Play/Disable on the edges], but that's how it goes. Special Attack Moxie helps too.
Calyrex: Adds a broke STAB move to either, Leech Seed to the fat one, and Psychic + Grass coverage to the fast one. (Although Sub/Seed/Wisp/Astral Barrage does sound incredibly annoying. Alternatively it can rock up to PU by forgetting its horse.

Oh, and Salamence finally gets actual good Flying STAB on both sides of the spectrum. Look forward to facing that :)

Last edited:
Did a VERY lazyish test, but it looks like the boost from Dragon's Maw is about 30%-40%. No hard numbers, but probably close. Smacked a Claydoll with a Flygon then Regidrago. Their attack stats were pretty close, and it looked like Drago did about 30% more than Flygon. Don't take this as a hard fact though. It's late so I didn't get super detailed with it.

Edit: Oh, looks like people are testing in the mechanics thread to find a more accurate range.

Does anyone know when are the natures/IVs for G-Birds generated? When the cutscene at the tree plays, or when you encounter them? Just want to know when to save for SR-ing for good ones.
What about exiting and re-entering the area that they are in? If they behave like other static encounters (like all the Wanderers), then the IVs would get reset like that.

edit: if it is before the cutscene, then you can really only soft reset for one of them, which seems a bit unfair.

Last edited:
I noticed a neat feature: once you've fought a certain legendary, you can keep hosting raids for that specific legendary. Presumably you stop being able to once you catch it, but it means you don't have to go on a wild goose chase if you fail the fight like I did against Suicune (because my teammate kept using status moves on specially defensive Perrserker lmao).

It is really sad that the Galar Versions of the Legendary Birds lost their typing; Fighting/Electric would have been nice on G-Zapdos. Movepools are pretty awful too; G-Moltres's options are very limited. G-Articuno is as least passable due to hurricane and freezing glare, but i don't see it getting much use competitively.

Regieleki Shiny while attempting to catch it with an Premier Ball at like 5-6 reset X'DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

It can't be!! I've had always infame luck with shinies (just look at my ho-oh shiny hunt lol, not even gonna tell u the lugia one and the suicune im sring in crystal rn). FREEEEE.

That means something, Regieleki has chosen me.

Last edited:
You are the chosen one

You must run eleki on every team you make for the rest of the gen
I'll. Every team i make on Showdown is going to be around Regieleki even if it ends up in NU lol.

I haven't seen a shiny this free since FR/LG Parasect in Cerulean Cave.

Regieleki Shiny while attempting to catch it with an Honor Ball at like 5-6 reset X'DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

It can't be!! I've had always infame luck with shinies (just look at my ho-oh shiny hunt lol, not even gonna tell u the lugia one and the suicune im sring in crystal rn). FREEEEE.

That means something, Regieleki has chosen me.
Is Honor Ball new or did autocorrect do a number on this

Ah, I think its called Premier Ball in english, since I play in spanish, for a moment (was happy bout the shiny lol) i assumed honor ball was honor ball too in english, since the word honor is the same in both languages.
Interesting, never knew that. I'm a bit surprised they call it "honor" in spanish, "premier" seemed to fit the "this is a marketing ploy, get this special pokeball" aesthetic more.

Interesting, never knew that. I'm a bit surprised they call it "honor" in spanish, "premier" seemed to fit the "this is a marketing ploy, get this special pokeball" aesthetic more.
I agree. With "honor" they seem to go for the "its prestigious to be catched on this one", but premier looks better.

It's funny to note that all the legendaries and mythicals are or can be obtained in the game except for: Deoxys, Manaphy (and Phione), Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus and Hoopa.
Some things to note:
  • the majority is from Sinnoh (possibly they can be avaliable through the so awaited Gen 4 remakes)
  • Deoxys, Arceus and Hoopa can resemble a space/hyperspace "theme"
So, was this intentional? :smogthink:

It's funny to note that all the legendaries and mythicals are or can be obtained in the game except for: Deoxys, Manaphy (and Phione), Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus and Hoopa.
Some things to note:
  • the majority is from Sinnoh (possibly they can be avaliable through the so awaited Gen 4 remakes)
  • Deoxys, Arceus and Hoopa can resemble a space/hyperspace "theme"
So, was this intentional? :smogthink:
I like the way you think, but the bigger connecting factor is that all of those mythicals except for Manaphy/Phione have form changes, and Manaphy has the weird breeding mechanics.

It seems legendaries from Dynamax Adventures have a much higher chance of being shiny. Noish.

____

BRO, BRO, BRO...

BRO...

BRO
B
R
O

My experience chasing Zapdos.

"You like chasing it right? I'd be a shame if EVERY MON IN THE ENTIRE POKEDEX, EVEN THOSE THAT DIDNT MAKE IT INTO THE GAME, WERE TO SUDDENLY APPEAR IN FRONT OF YOU AT EVERY SINGLE STEP".

Last edited:
I'm turning in my chair to the newly added Giratina, Zygarde, Landorus, Thundurus, & Tornadus. And a slight glance over at Genesect.
Ye ye, that's even more weird xD probably they kinda "oh too much forms already, probably they'll never remember the God of Pokémon anyway"

I can't get over just how fast Regileki is. Also, I think Regidrago will end up in a BL tier, while it can't do anything to fairies, assuming Dragon's Maw is 1.5x, you can really drop some nukes with a decent speed tier.

I don't understand how they can delete Ultra Necrozma though, there's so much recent lore associated with, just feels super lazy and lame.

1603471014082.png

Let's take bets on which Regi ends up in a lower tier. As hype as Regileki is I think being 100% walled by ground types is pretty rough... it's basically just mega electrode

Last edited:
I can't get over just how fast Regileki is. Also, I think Regidrago will end up in a BL tier, while it can't do anything to fairies, assuming Dragon's Maw is 1.5x, you can really drop some nukes with a decent speed tier.

I don't understand how they can delete Ultra Necrozma though, there's so much recent lore associated with, just feels super lazy.
Pure Dragon isn't that bad of a type, even defensively. Drago can use Reflect and Light Screen. Probably a setter? Trick room team? Idk...
But I agree with you. What bothers me the most about RegiDrago is not only the matchup against fairies, but his matchups in general. He's too slow to have an immediate impact offensively and it's shallow movepool consists basically on DD, Outrage, Dragon Claw, Crunch, Hammer Arm and 2 elemental fangs.
But with such high HP it as access to Dragon Dance, probably a set up set may be viable against slower teams, we never know.

Regieleki, in the other hand, a possible Specs/Life Orb set sounds terrifying. It doesn't need a vast movepool to nuke. It's fast and can use Rising Voltage. He's gonna be Tapu Koko's best bud under terrain. He can't hit ground types so well tho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)