Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

I went to 100 on Darkrai, and once I grab Wimpod from the Safari, I'm just farming Breloom this week without anything interesting to do while trying to keep my coins up. Next week is Tapu Fini, which I would LOVE to farm if my team is more up to snuff now. Kyurem EB will hopefully be easier to clear on the cheap now.

Heroic Troller

Through the Sea of Time
is a Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
World Defender
Hey everyone, i wanted help for Tapu Koko, i don't have neither Dugtrio or Groudon, but at least i can make a perfect Hippowdon if needed and got perfect Flygon, is it enough?

Hey everyone, i wanted help for Tapu Koko, i don't have neither Dugtrio or Groudon, but at least i can make a perfect Hippowdon if needed and got perfect Flygon, is it enough?
You might cut it close, but it might be possible to pull off, just bring a fast evolving Mega to keep the board clean for Mo4 or Mo5 Shot Outs and Hippowdons at the end. It might not be consistent, but it should be doable.

Are you sure you really want to farm Tapu Koko? Getting it to SL5 requires around 530 hearts on average, which means you won't be able to complete it until the next time it comes out (and NHN is not an option, as the stage is very time-consuming). If you are really determined, then you can try: as pika pal said, you may have trouble winning consistently, but with a bit of practice you should be able to come out on top. When I farmed it I used M-Beedrill, Dugtrio, Flygon and Hippowdon, but I found Dugtrio not that necessary: after the first disruption, your goal is to avoid combos of 3 or higher to prevent further disruption, so you won't have many chances to take advantage of Block Shot. Ideally, you should try to deal around 10k damage with Shot Out (not always easy, as you'll have to rely on mo3 more often than not), while simultaneously preparing mo4/5 Hippowdon on row 6 and column F. A couple of tips:
1) don't remove ice too quickly, try to take advantage of it instead. A couple of well-placed frozen icons can be useful to prevent unwanted combos from ruining your plans. Also remember that frozen Pokemon can be used twice. This may be very helpful if there aren't many Hippowdons available on the board.
2) before activating Shot Out, pay attention to the position of Tapu Kokos on the field. Removing the wrong ones may start an unexpected combo, or even worse, ruin a crucial match of Hippowdons. Don't mindlessly match Flygons!
There's another option to beat the stage, though I haven't tested it myself: female Hippowdon. A perfect Hippowdon-F deals 15120 damage on a match of 5 with Final Effort. Dealing around 5000 damage with Flygon while preparing a single match of 5 shouldn't be too hard, so if you have Hippowdon-F and feel like investing a few resources on it, it may be an interesting alternative.
Regardless of the strategy you'll choose, I wish you good luck, you'll need it ;)

Heroic Troller

Through the Sea of Time
is a Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
World Defender
Probably i will need the cookies, but regardless 15 of them would be too much (considering i also need 10 for Hippowdon and currently have 18). Right now i feel very adamant on trying because i have 0 TC maxed out and many told me that one maxed is almost "obligatory".

Thank you for the help

Well, if you aren't specifically interested in Tapu Koko, you can simply wait for Zygarde-50's escalation on weeks 16-17. It's basically a free maxed TC user, and with excellent neutral coverage too!

Heroic Troller

Through the Sea of Time
World Defender
I will think about it! Koko is still on my focus regardless because among the types i'm always half troubled against the Water/Fairy types (at least he's neutral TC unlike Zygarde), noneless Dragon-Electric would be perfect neutral on everything

I'm currently trying to farm Fini with Zard-X, Koko, Luxray, Shaymin, everything maxed except Nosedive. It's reasonably consistent, though if I had a LDE user or Hyper Bolt user compatible with it, I'd probably have something I could call outright secure. Hoopa should hopefully be easier to handle on that front.

I'm currently trying to farm Fini with Zard-X, Koko, Luxray, Shaymin, everything maxed except Nosedive. It's reasonably consistent, though if I had a LDE user or Hyper Bolt user compatible with it, I'd probably have something I could call outright secure. Hoopa should hopefully be easier to handle on that front.
So no burst damagers... Interesting, I may give it a try. I was planning to boost Fini with Skill Boosters, but farming even only 20-30 PSBs would save me 2-3 cookies. I have a perfect Dartrix at disposal, who should I swap out for it? Luxray or Shaymin?

So no burst damagers... Interesting, I may give it a try. I was planning to boost Fini with Skill Boosters, but farming even only 20-30 PSBs would save me 2-3 cookies. I have a perfect Dartrix at disposal, who should I swap out for it? Luxray or Shaymin?
Luxray. He's a Burst damager with Cross Attack+ but ultimately probably better replaced with someone more consistent. One thing I will say, don't obssess over Sleep if you can collapse a Mega Match to remove disruptions anyway, since you still need to chew out a lot of HP through Typeless Combo and the disruptions are only a problem if they pile up rather than individually.

After a whole day of Tapu Fini farming, I'm about to give up. I've been winning pretty consistently with M-Diancie, Meganium, Tapu Koko and Dartrix, but the drop rate is absolutely horrible for a 2-heart stage. Also, to add insult to injury, whenever I lose, Fini promptly trolls me dropping a PSB. Long story short, I got a total of 8 drops, 3 of which were lost in failed attempts. In my opinion it's not worth the effort, so I think I'll cookie Fini as planned.

Is Worth give M-Pinsir all its MSU?
It depends on the megas and the amount of MSUs you have at disposal. As a tapper, Pinsir is outclassed by Beedrill and Shiny Charizard X, so give them priority if you haven't candied them yet. Of course, if you are drowning in MSUs, you can candy it to add some coverage (although admittedly tappers aren't used primarily to deal damage).

Pinsir has a higher AP and slightly more coverage than Zard-X as a fast-evolving 2-tapper, I had MSU's to burn for him, just gotta level him stronger than Zard-x now.

You really notice the difference when using Typeless Combo on High HP instead of Burst like my Fini-farming party, where so many runs came within a fraction of clearing it that 20 more AP from those few matches may legitimately have been enough.

I'll finish famring Fini the rest of this week and cookie it the rest of the way before going into Kyurem.

During the last two days I did a few more Fini runs, just to see if I could at least get to 10 PSBs, and guess what, I played the stage 10 times without seeing a single drop! What a waste of hearts...This stage is really horrible :/

I haven't touched this game in two weeks, and honestly I don't miss it at all. I have to hand it to them for being able to make the game so time-consuming and, quite frankly, so infuriating to play even after they stop updating it. Like I said before, the 24-week cycle really puts a lot of pressure to do everything the first time it's available so I don't have to wait all that time. But then even missing one week or not having the right combination of Pokemon/skill/skill level/RML/whatever else could really screw you over when you try to max a skill of a Pokemon with a tough stage. That obviously doesn't help given the terrible drop rates, which means, even without any new updates, you really have to spend just as much time (if not more) as you did before.

It would be a lot more fun IMO if they did skill-specific skill boosters rather than PSBs and have most, if not all, of them done on main stages. So for example, main stage 311 with Spearow will drop Last-Ditch Effort skill boosters that you can then use on any Pokemon with LDE, e.g. Hippowdon and Conkeldurr. I get it, maybe Typeless Combo can remain exclusive to special stages but then make it so every time the Tapus/Silvally/Zygarde-50/Deoxys-A/Hoopa-U come out people can farm them and use them on whatever else they want with TC. That way players don't feel screwed if they don't have a good team for Tapu Koko for example. And increase the drop rates ffs.

Would make it more fun for sure. While I'm still playing, I stopped worrying about things. I maxed out my money via Meowth and will just use it on somethign that intrigues me and nothing else. Mind you, I really wish there was a shop that allowed you to buy Skill Boosters, Skill Swappers and the like (preferably with in game coins).

Indeed, increasing the drop rates and making Skill Boosters a bit less rare would be enough to make the game far more enjoyable. Although I know it's not going to happen, I still have some hope that GS will come out once the first cycle ends in order to make a few adjustments, before abandoning the game permanently.

Another quiet week, I needed it. Since there are no special stages worth farming and I've already completed Kyurem, I'll spend the week training my Hammering Streak troops. I'm currently working on Sylveon (SL~3.75 atm), the next in line is Glaceon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)