Pokemon Showdown bug reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Not sure whether these are known:

If Leech Seed is used on a Pokemon with Magic Guard, it doesn't seem to heal the user (IIRC it should not cause damage but should heal the Pokemon using the move) EDIT: disregard

Struggle recoil doesn't apply to Pokemon with Magic Guard

My opponent's Choiced Reuniclus was able to switch attacks after using Struggle once

Bear in mind these are all in Random Battles

Jirachi used Substitute!
Jirachi made a substitute!

The foe's Froslass used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of Call_Me_Charlie's team!
Jirachi restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 4
Icedge called Froslass back!
Icedge sent out Gyarados!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Gyarados!
The foe's Gyarados's Substitute blocked Intimidate!

[DEBUG] doubling secondary chance.
Jirachi used Iron Head!
It's not very effective... The foe's Gyarados lost 9% of its health!
The foe's Gyarados restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Jirachi restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Shouldn't it be Jirachi's Substitute tat blocked Intimidate, rather than "Gyarados's sub blocking its own intimidate"?

Alomomola used Wish!
Alomomola restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Alomomola is hurt by poison!
The foe's Hand Me the Broom. is hurt by poison!
Turn 45
Alomomola used Protect!
Alomomola protected itself!
The foe's Hand Me the Broom. used Acrobatics!
Alomomola protected itself from the attack!
Alomomola restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Alomomola is hurt by poison!
Alomomola's wish came true!

The foe's Hand Me the Broom. is hurt by poison!
Alomomola fainted!

Wish should have healed BEFORE poison ticced. It ticced, brought me to 0 health, wish did nothing.

It cost me the game ._.

Not sure whether these are known:

If Leech Seed is used on a Pokemon with Magic Guard, it doesn't seem to heal the user (IIRC it should not cause damage but should heal the Pokemon using the move)
Nope, Leech Seed's healing is dependent on how much damage it does. As Magic Guard prevents damage, it also prevents the healing associated.

EDIT: Another Bug.

Fyn called Dusknoir back!
Fyn sent out Ditto!
Ditto was poisoned!
Ditto transformed into Heatran!
Ditto was hurt by poison!

When a pokemon who is poisoned becomes steel typed, they become immune to poison damage. The same thing occurs when a steel type pokemon is poisoned after having their type changed through Soak or such, then switch out and back in.

In other words, if a pokemon has a temporary or permanent steel typing and is poisoned, then they take no poison damage.

You can test this very easy in game in a double battle. Have a pokemon soak a steel type holding a toxic orb. Let them become poisoned. Switch them out then back in.

Bobtheball4

CAP Playtesting Expert
he said "just went" so i thought he was saying it didnt go on for longer. might just be a glitch if it only happened once.

Trick works, but doesn't show up. I mouse over my Pokemon and it says it has the same item.

From what I can tell, this is true for all moveswap/removal items.

I tried to fling a flame orb with conk' but it didn't work.

my opponent's zapdos took no damage and wasn't burned as I expected.

breh

強いだね
This isn't a glitch, but definitely irritating:

you can't view the attributes of your active pokemon, namely item (or, at least, original item) and ability while it is out (without doing that incredibly awkard hovering thing, which simply does not work for me; interestingly enough, the area over which I can hover is, as far as I understand, a line of pixels that rotates around the sprite after each turn), which is incredibly frustrating sometimes.

I've had it crash once; no clue why. Pretty damn cool. Nice job with CC; it certainly fulfills the original intention of CC! I feel so powerful when I see pokemon with STAB moves and good items.
also I saw air ballon rotom-fan

Nonglitches:
Pokemon of the day is an irritating feature; seeing stratagems in every fight is annoying.

may want to make the buttons bigger for more comfort.

music is something I should be able to turn off. mute doesn't seem to work.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I swear, the next person to report the fact that mouseover shows the item you started with, not the item you currently have (which, incidentally, is exactly how PO works) (and is also an unimplemented feature, NOT A BUG) is going to get removed from the private beta...

In other news:

- I fixed a bug relating to mute not working sometimes
- Protect resets the Outrage counter; that's most likely what happened if it went on for longer than 3 turns
- I was told only Poison-types would be immune to poison upon transformation; Steel-types would not. I have clearly been lied to.
- phazing not activating Natural Cure or Regenerator has been fixed

Torment doesn't work

Turn 21
Bastiodon used Metal Burst!
But it failed!
The foe's Slowking used Surf!
It's super-effective! Bastiodon lost 53% of its health!
[DEBUG] effect: Surf.
Bastiodon's Air Balloon popped!
The foe's Slowking restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
The foe's Slowking is hurt by poison!
Turn 22
Bastiodon used Torment!
The foe's Slowking used Surf!
It's super-effective! Bastiodon lost 47% of its health!
Bastiodon fainted!
The foe's Slowking is hurt by poison!
The foe's Slowking restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Got this when I was watching a battle, after my battle had ended and a friend jumped in my place.

"Pokeball data corrupt. Please copy the text from this button: [click here] and tell aesoft."

Text:

player jonathanrp :: foe-player Zenrot :: tier Random Battle :: rule Sleep Clause :: start :: pokemon ally-Poliwrath[L85] :: switch-in ally-Poliwrath[L85] (100/100|none) :: pokemon foe-Beedrill[L90] :: switch-in foe-Beedrill[L90] (100/100|none) :: :: turn 1 :: callback decision :: chat YoshiEgg25 jon, not so much :: chat Zenrot yessss beedrill :: :: move foe-Beedrill[L90] Agility ?? :: r-boost foe-Beedrill[L90] spe 2 :: move ally-Poliwrath[L85] RockSlide ?? :: r-super-effective :: r-damage foe-Beedrill[L90] 54 (46/100|none) :: residual foe-Beedrill[L90] item-heal BlackSludge 6 (52/100|none) :: turn 2 :: callback decision :: :: move foe-Beedrill[L90] BatonPass ?? :: callback decision :: :: switch-out foe-Beedrill[L90] :: pokemon foe-Vileplume[L90] :: switch-in foe-Vileplume[L90] (100/100|none) :: move ally-Poliwrath[L85] IcePunch ?? :: r-super-effective :: r-damage foe-Vileplume[L90] 36 (64/100|none) :: residual foe-Vileplume[L90] item-heal BlackSludge 6 (70/100|none) :: turn 3 :: ...s ally-Poliwrath[L85] toxic :: turn 23 :: callback decision :: :: move ally-Poliwrath[L85] RockSlide ?? :: r-super-effective :: r-crit :: r-damage foe-Ariados[L90] 73 (14/100|none) :: move foe-Ariados[L90] PoisonJab ?? :: r-damage ally-Poliwrath[L85] 30 (21/100|toxic) :: residual ally-Poliwrath[L85] item-heal Leftovers 6 (27/100|toxic) :: residual ally-Poliwrath[L85] poison 6 (21/100|toxic) :: residual foe-Ariados[L90] item-heal BlackSludge 6 (21/100|none) :: turn 24 :: callback decision :: chat YoshiEgg25 Pokeball data corrupt. Please copy the text from this button: [click here] and tell aesoft. :: :: move ally-Poliwrath[L85] RockSlide ?? :: r-super-effective :: r-damage foe-Ariados[L90] 21 (0/100|none) :: faint foe-Ariados[L90] :: residual ally-Poliwrath[L85] poison 12 (9/100|toxic) :: residual ally-Poliwrath[L85] item-heal Leftovers 6 (15/100|toxic) :: callback decision :: :: pokemon foe-Vileplume[L90] :: switch-in foe-Vileplume[L90] (86/100|slp) :: turn 25 :: callback decision

Used U-turn on my opponent as they switched from Dialga into Tyranitar, yet after I choose who to send out after using U-turn my opponents pokemon switched again back to Dialga.

Turn 6
SteelEdges called Dialga back!
SteelEdges sent out Tyranitar!
The foe's Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
Jumpluff used U-turn!
It's super-effective! The foe's Tyranitar lost 28% of its health!
Mithril called Jumpluff back!
Mithril sent out Linoone!
SteelEdges called Tyranitar back!
SteelEdges sent out Dialga!
The sandstorm rages!
Linoone is buffeted by the sandstorm!
[DEBUG] natural immunity.
[DEBUG] weather immunity.
The foe's Dialga restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

That's the mechanics of Torment. It only takes effect the turn after you use it.
Then that bug report isn't for Aeo, it's for the web sites that say torment works on the same turn in Gen V. I also have to reiterate with a bunch of people in this thread though that end of turn is messed up. Also is there a way to load battles from this into your replay viewer?

Stratos

Banned deucer.
a couple things:

1) Technician Breloom is released according to the server; it's not in reality.

2) A sleeping Tyranitar was switched in on a thunder wave, instead of saying "but it failed" it said "the foe's Tyranitar fell asleep!"

I don't know if this is known but an Umbreon used Mean Look and nothing happened. It was in random battle. I've been testing in OU a little bit as well and so far I haven't found any bugs (aside from some Scizors)

Not really sure about this but if someone uses double edge on a sub there's no recoil.
Also I could've sworn I've seen a blue fire salamence in random battle.

i haven't found any huge bugs so far, just a couple suggestions:

I got a Regigigas with Substitute, which I'm pretty sure it can't have. Though now I wish it did get Sub in the actual games, because it's really helpful to have.

Alter the moves which the Machop family can get so ONLY No Guard gets Dynamic Punch. It's pretty useless on them with Guts.

Have you programmed Evolite into the simulator? I've gotten quite a few NFE Pokemon which have all had leftovers or something else, but maybe that's just bad luck.

All in all, though, I love the simulator, nice work!

I got a Regigigas with Substitute, which I'm pretty sure it can't have. Though now I wish it did get Sub in the actual games, because it's really helpful to have.

Alter the moves which the Machop family can get so ONLY No Guard gets Dynamic Punch. It's pretty useless on them with Guts.
All Pokemon who can learn TMs can learn Substitute. This includes Regigigas.

And it's meant to be random. Just mouse over your machop/etc to see if it has No Guard before risking Dynamic Punch.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
1) Technician Breloom is released according to the server; it's not in reality.
That's especially weird, considering nowhere in the server should it say anything about whether or not an ability is implemented.

Unless you're talking about random battles, in which my excuse is that random battles are played in DW Ubers.

2) A sleeping Tyranitar was switched in on a thunder wave, instead of saying "but it failed" it said "the foe's Tyranitar fell asleep!"
Fixed.

Substitute is taken from its Smogon set.

Bulbapedia also lists Regigigas as learning Sub fron TM90 in both generations, and lists TM90 as teachable to any pokemon that can learn TMs.

50% confusion + damage is much better than Supersonic. More importantly, moves and abilities are currently generated separately, and I have so much to do (namely, fixing Protect) before I can think about improving the set generator.

Have you programmed Evolite into the simulator? I've gotten quite a few NFE Pokemon which have all had leftovers or something else, but maybe that's just bad luck.
My excuse is that I don't like Eviolite, so it doesn't spawn in random battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)