Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

It also comes in a Cherish Ball, which I note only because the Cetitan was in a Pokeball and Revavroom is in a Heal Ball

so if you're a ball aficionado, rejoice

It also comes in a Cherish Ball, which I note only because the Cetitan was in a Pokeball and Revavroom is in a Heal Ball

so if you're a ball aficionado, rejoice
Additionally, the Gimmighoul line is ineligible for personality Marks, so that is also nice. I find the 0 IVs to be good things as well since that means its Attack IV is 0 while the rest of its stats can be Hyper Trained.

Last edited:
3.0 has actually released

Not everywhere though. I had to start the download manually, and most of my american friends don't seem to be having it starting yet
It wasn't downloading manually from the home screen, but when I booted up the game and tried to connect online an error message popped up indicating that an update was required, and let me start the update from there. Maybe it just became available to me between first attempt and the ingame option, but I recommend trying to connect online within the game if anyone is having trouble.

So raid NPC mons newly actually use their party supporting moves when relevant, like Life Dew Gardevoir and the infamous Bellibolt who would never use Light Screen. This is pretty nice for solo players and will add some slack as another NPC option against special raids other than Sylveon. I hope they also fixed the thing about Bellibolt where it would just use Mud Shot instead of Discharge against opponents who start out faster.

1702713825921.png

I've seen some anecdotes about Stellar Tera in raids feeling weaker than expected despite the universal boost, potentially because Stellar is not the actual type that matches your move, so you get the weaker off-type tera damage against shields instead of true STAB tera doing about double the amount.

"I entered a Tera Raid against a Fairy Lycanroc using my Stellar Empoleon, and when I Terastalized and used Flash Cannon, it seemed to do only the 30% damage of a regular Terastal move against the shield, rather than the 70% damage a matching Terastal move does."

Just noticed that Metal Burst TM seems to be the first / only TM whose crafting recipe requires a version-exclusive material (Shieldon Claw). Guessing that’s an oversight. :woop:

Serebii Update: A new distribution has been announced as an apology for an oversight regarding TM creation. 10 TM223 (Metal Sound) will be distributed to all players through Mystery Gift from December 26th 2023

Oops. See you in 3.0.1.

How nice, I thought Pokemon Day for sure. Guess they want SV wrapped up in a bow before moving on to the next game.
The next game will probably take place in Unova, so I wonder whether we'll get more playable mons for SV such as Genesect or whether such mons won't be playable until Gen 10 for Gamefreak's mainline games as was the case for the Hisuian regional forms from Legends: Arceus and Enamorus.

The next game will probably take place in Unova, so I wonder whether we'll get more playable mons for SV such as Genesect or whether such mons won't be playable until Gen 10 for Gamefreak's mainline games as was the case for the Hisuian regional forms from Legends: Arceus and Enamorus.
I'm just going to assume that it will be like last gen and SV is done with major updates, and any Pokemon (new or old) in upcoming games will be limited to those games.

Wonder what material will replace the Shieldon mats for the TM. Skarmory maybe? Nothing uses those materials.

Or they just make remove it from the criteria and just use Magnemite+Elekid

I'm still curious to see if the IV stuff with the new Paradoxes and Legendaries will be fixed in the Epilogue update
The legendaries? Probably, they're coded to have 3 guarantee max IVs (like the past 3 gens) but just have completely random ones. The 4 new Paradoxes were specifically set to 20 across the board, so probably not.

It's interesting to me that Japan says 3.0.1 is "late January 2024" but the English notice (Dragon Cheer isnt up yet, but the earlier one still is) says "Mid" (or later).

I kind of assumed it was just wishywashy writing around coming with the Epilogue activation on the 11th, which would properly unlock the event for everyone, but now I wonder if it is in fact just tied to a Mystery Gift and they just didn't say it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)