Pokemon Rap Battles Season 2: Round 1

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm writing my rap now. Unlike my self-promo rap, I'm putting thought into this one. Expecting to have it recorded tomorrow Will have it recorded tomorrow.

Shit's gonna be tight.

I've done this, but I'll probably re-record it before Friday, 'cos it's pretty crap.

Does anyone else have a problem with recording on Audacity that it's always ever so slightly out of sync with the other tracks?
I've found that when you record for a length of time, sometimes you get small inaudible skips that throw it off sync.

I just record my rap in parts (every verse or so usually) and then sync them all together to avoid this.

Does anyone else have a problem with recording on Audacity that it's always ever so slightly out of sync with the other tracks?
I always figured this was a problem with the headphones/mic. I use garage band and manually move the track back by a little bit so it syncs up again.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
I record using Audacity, but I do not use a Laptop mic - I use a Blue Snowball microphone. I haven't noticed any recording issues yet.

I am very easily distracted, but I am still doing this.
I want to try and finish my lyrics by tomorrow and hopefully record. Realistically, I'll probably post something on the last day, though.

Click for link to song. or click on the picture. And If you really hate G.O.O.D. Music, don't click at all. Not my problem.

Medicham is in the building.
victim is Kabutops
instrumental is Power by Kanye West
lyrics:

medicham in the building
coolking49
show ‘em how its done

consider yourself privileged to meet with a legend
your gonna die to heroes fist rather than a villan's
I hope you understand what I’m doing yeah I’m killing
my power level is rising to over 9 trillion

I got a sky high attack, and yeah thats all I really need
if you had any brains inside that bonehead you would concede
because I’m unbeaten the throne mine to accede to
I hope you know you’ll be bleeding i’m guaranteed victory

I heard you died once already, so I guess you know how it feels
you are the fishsticks of the future, no you aint gourmet meal
just for breakfast, I spit out at least three members of your team
what a amazing experience, competing against veal

yeah these fists of fury is quite an ordeal
so this mother fucking little cretins never gonna see
after me he’ll be hiding out legions undersea
your freaked out, I can feel it, I got telepathy

I’m scissors to your paper and the fighting to your rock
they said it’d be a good fight what a cock block
I was hoping for a good ‘mon and you’re really really not
rock smash you into little pieces like a dipping dot

I kick ass you know I was born in a dojo
my mojo’s just like mojo jojo
I’m the king of this game like yugi moto
my motto’s yolo your logo’s dodo

wipe you off the map like your roanoke
your shell broke all it took was a poke
we know you gon’ choke no need to provoke
standing in the desert would get me more soaked

than battling you, I hope that we’re through
you aint got a clue as to what you gon’ do
bulletproof with my ninja kung fu
predict your each move do I really need to prove

why I am the champ and you the cretin
you are the filet I’m undefeated
I can’t be beaten I am preceding
all of your moves like you’ve got a delay and

scoring like pele
shooting a pk
I’m so good that they say he’s action replayed
no I’m not cheating
i’m just competing
if you choose to fight me then you’ll be deleted
you could be oil now
or you could be peat
alive now is the worst thing that you could be
the pain and the misery that you will feel
is a fate worse than death and completely surreal

HJK
it’ll blow you away
throw you across the sea
you’ll end up in canalave
they call him Yeezy
think they’d call me Meezy?
Nah, I they’re too busy, calling me amazing.

Also, it ends at 2:05. The rest is the end of the instrumental, which I shortened from just under 5 minutes to just under 3 minutes.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I've found that when you record for a length of time, sometimes you get small inaudible skips that throw it off sync.

I just record my rap in parts (every verse or so usually) and then sync them all together to avoid this.
I had messed up one verse so deleted it and recorded it again on its own and that was perfectly in sync, so I'm gonna try this, thanks.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm writing my rap now. Unlike my self-promo rap, I'm putting thought into this one. Expecting to have it recorded tomorrow Will have it recorded tomorrow.

Shit's gonna be tight.
Yeah can't actually get it recorded today; been studying. I'll definitely be able to get it recorded tomorrow, and if I don't, then I'm the biggest liar ever.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
i'm not gonna be able to do this

meaning:
A) i cannot record because i'm busy today and i forgot the deadline was so soon
B) even assuming i recorded to the best of my ability i'm vs ultimaa

18 people. 9 matchups. 5 submissions. that's the motto for round 1. Though this is the first time I've submitted something before the last day, so I shouldn't be talking.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm having some technical issues.
I'm trying to export from audacity (like I've done with every other recording I've done) yet this time I get this message

Error while writing WAV (Microsoft) file (disk full?). Libsndfile says "(random symbols)"
Sorry, I'm dreadful with technology.

Anyone know what to do?

I'm having some technical issues.
I'm trying to export from audacity (like I've done with every other recording I've done) yet this time I get this message

Sorry, I'm dreadful with technology.

Anyone know what to do?
Check this thread. I've never had the problem but there's a few suggested solutions.

http://forum.audacityteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=57780

Specifically, try this.

Also, open the "Metadata Editor" (File menu) and clear any metadata that may be in the project.
18 people. 9 matchups. 5 submissions. that's the motto for round 1. Though this is the first time I've submitted something before the last day, so I shouldn't be talking.

Yeah, it's not looking too good.

I encourage everyone to submit, even if you don't think you have a chance.
If a lot of people need more time, then I may extend the deadline by a day or two. I'd rather not end up with extensions on extensions, but I also don't want less than half of the participants submitting something.

So let me know. If a lot of people need the extra time, I can extend it until Sunday. Otherwise tonight's the night.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
I have finals today, so I get out of school early. I shouldn't need the extra time, I just need to focus on my rap and only on my rap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)