Pokemon Day Presents 2024 - Pokemon LZA 2025

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Has it occurred to anyone that maybe Lumiose just got... bigger? Like, LZA appears to be in the (near? far?) future, there's a chance Lumiose's urban sprawl covers a lot more land now.

Sir as much as we'd want this, I have to warn you that excessive amounts of copium can be lethal
Bro they had ELEVEN years to think of a decent design, surely they locked in by now?

R-right???

Last edited:
Wait a minute, if we're going back to Kalos...
View attachment 609128

ACTUAL GOOD CUSTOMIZATION OPTIONS ARE likely BACK BABY WOOOHOOO!!

X and Y introduced character customization and it's become such a core feature of the series ever since, that when Scarlet and Violet decided to basically remove it for school uniforms, I'd say just about everyone hated that. After more than 10 years of designing clothing for the mainline series, we can expect that our trainers will be as fabulous as ever, nothing more fitting for the Paris of Pokemon!
From what I remember ORAS not having it period and BDSP needing outfits and hats to match was hated even more than what SV did
With this game being announced, this means the switch has overtaken the DS in the amount of titles. They didn't give the switch a break! View attachment 609219
Thought this was a Persona 4 joke at first (there's a character named Margaret who wears blue and gold)
Bro they had ELEVEN years to think of a decent design, surely they locked in by now?

R-right???
Imagine if Game Freak went meta and Mega Flygon was a "Missing Pokemon" with glitchy Missingno-like pixels covering parts of its body (and there would be other Missing Pokemon too, and some of them wouldn't even be Megas)

tried to compile all the mons we saw in the trailer, couldn't discern a few so feel free to give thoughts
1709089209499.png
Correct on all accounts, but that mon waaaay in the back is undoubtledly Skeledirge. the tiny orange orb near it is the hatched chick and it has a fairly unique shape I dont think fits any other mon, with its raised tail and long snout.
1709089331116.png

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
So here's a thought: If this is set in modernity, what's up with the Gym Challenge? I have two ideas on this.
  1. Lumiose Gym is still there but is now an optional side activity akin to the Kantonian Gym in USUM. Your player character's goal has nothing to do with challenging the League.
  2. The fully realized Lumiose is so massive that an entire set of 8 is present inside the city, spread across the various districts. The gyms outside still exist, it's just 8 badges is the minimum requirement to enter Victory Road.
Another thing I'm wondering about is how the ORAS Megas will be treated. PLA made a point of including every Pokemon and evolution DP introduced, even ones that didn't match with the time period like the fossils and Porygon-Z, but will ORAS Megas be considered "Kalos originals" for a similar guideline? Will Camerupt, Lopunny, the Hoenn starters and so forth be added to the dex by virtue of having Megas?

So here's a thought: If this is set in modernity, what's up with the Gym Challenge? I have two ideas on this.
  1. Lumiose Gym is still there but is now an optional side activity akin to the Kantonian Gym in USUM. Your player character's goal has nothing to do with challenging the League.
  2. The fully realized Lumiose is so massive that an entire set of 8 is present inside the city, spread across the various districts. The gyms outside still exist, it's just 8 badges is the minimum requirement to enter Victory Road.
Option 2 would be great for me, as someone whose favourite Pokemon fangames tend to be ones where a single city takes up a large chunk of the game's map with Gym Leaders representing different districts/suburbs/wards/whatever rather than there just being one for the whole city.

I'm curious about how the urban redevelopment will be handled. In my ideal scenario, it's something that's planned and prepared as you play, and then naturalistic plot reasons keep you away from each development site until some later point where you return and see the glorious transformation.

I don't want new Megas of non-Kalos Pokemon. Kalos got shafted in its own gen, hell, the best new competitive (VGC) Pokemon of the generation weren't even from fucking Kalos.

Let Kalos mons have their Megas. And so, I did this tier list for every single Kalos evolution line.
1709091442820.png

Also, no, I don't think we are getting Mega Xerneas, Yveltal or Zygarde. I think they will pull a PLA, where Arceus never even got a new form. They gave new forms to the two cover legends.

I am expecting Xerneas-Complete and Yveltal-Complete.

Another thing I'm wondering about is how the ORAS Megas will be treated. PLA made a point of including every Pokemon and evolution DP introduced, even ones that didn't match with the time period like the fossils and Porygon-Z, but will ORAS Megas be considered "Kalos originals" for a similar guideline? Will Camerupt, Lopunny, the Hoenn starters and so forth be added to the dex by virtue of having Megas?
I agree with the poster earlier in the thread who said it's likely they'll add all the Camerupt/Lopunny/etc mons, the Gen 3 starters and the Box Legends are pretty hard to justify.

I'm also hoping for new megas for Gen VI mons, but we'll see if they follow through.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I agree with the poster earlier in the thread who said it's likely they'll add all the Camerupt/Lopunny/etc mons, the Gen 3 starters and the Box Legends are pretty hard to justify.

I'm also hoping for new megas for Gen VI mons, but we'll see if they follow through.
God it's so funny that this game could potentially have FOUR starter trios
-Kanto
-Hoenn
-Kalos
-Game-specific mix-and-match trio

I don't want new Megas of non-Kalos Pokemon. Kalos got shafted in its own gen, hell, the best new competitive (VGC) Pokemon of the generation weren't even from fucking Kalos.

Let Kalos mons have their Megas. And so, I did this tier list for every single Kalos evolution line.View attachment 609235

Also, no, I don't think we are getting Mega Xerneas, Yveltal or Zygarde. I think they will pull a PLA, where Arceus never even got a new form. They gave new forms to the two cover legends.

I am expecting Xerneas-Complete and Yveltal-Complete.
Good list! Aegislash would be an interesting candidate for a Mega, since iirc we've never had a Mega for a Pokemon with a 'hardcoded' ability (not that there were many to choose from back when Megas were a thing, compared to now).

Just got off work and watched the Presents for the first time - here are some initial thoughts (sorry if duplicate of what's been mentioned already):
  • I don't see the point of the TCG app if you can't even play a game in it that matches the TCG's rules.
  • First gap year since 2015 is very surprising and seems to be trying to show that GF is listening to people who keep saying the games are rushed. If this leads to a better game then I'm all for it.
    • I had to double-take to make sure the game's platform was actually confirmed as the Switch, with the current prevailing rumor being that Switch 2 is releasing in first-half 2025. This wouldn't be anything new as B2W2 released after the 3DS, but I wanted to make sure there wouldn't be a "surprise, we're revealing the game is Switch 2-exclusive" in the future.
  • I'm expecting the 'usual' November 2025 to cash in on Black Friday and the holidays. I'm not expecting the first half of 2025.
    • If true, we're going to have a really unusual reveal calendar. Has a non-new generation ever been announced almost 2 years in advance? What are they going to fill all the time with?
  • The trailer implies that the city already exists, but is being rebuilt (urban re-development), and the footage is blueprints of plans that haven't been made real yet. This implies the Prism Tower doesn't exist yet. In real life, the Eiffel Tower was built in 1889, which matches the timeline of Legends Arceus pretty closely (Japan colonized Hokkaido starting in 1869).
  • Nintendo of America says that the game takes place entirely in Lumiose City. I don't really know how I feel about this - r/PokeLeaks is taking it quite well, comparing it to other open-world single-city games on other platforms, but I have no experience with this.
    • This also implies a main gameplay loop different from Legends Arceus, with much less of a "wilderness" feel.
  • The part where the trailer kept subtitling its own made-up language felt really weird, but I'm guessing this was to make the animators' job easier in 9 different languages.
  • Thankfully we can ignore Khu forever now (finally). The prevailing rumor on r/PokeLeaks is that at one point in the past, he had an actual insider source, but then that source was later fired or something and Khu's been making up crap ever since.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
View attachment 609229Correct on all accounts, but that mon waaaay in the back is undoubtledly Skeledirge. the tiny orange orb near it is the hatched chick and it has a fairly unique shape I dont think fits any other mon, with its raised tail and long snout.
View attachment 609230
Fairly certain that is a Krookodile with a baby Sandile right in front of it. Looks similar to other Krookodile we saw in the trailer

1709092798235.png

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I highly doubt there will be an in-universe explanation for Lumiose City being so much bigger. The explanation is the unstated out-of-universe one: Lumiose was always meant to be this immense canonically, the XY version was just the best approximation that was possible on the hardware while also having an entire region surrounding it. Think how the anime portrays it, that's probably what they're going for

Ah so the fabled Kalos revisit is happening but it's a Fallout clone set in an AU where the Ultimate Weapon was fired successfully. Interesting move by Game Freak
Bro how tf
Completely off-topic but this suddenly reminded me of that June 2021 Direct with Smash in it. For context, people were wildly speculating F-Zero, someone posted "I predict nintendo will execute Captain Falcon live on stage"...and then the Direct opened with Kazuya throwing Captain Falcon off a cliff (revealing Kazuya for Smash) and the original post immediately blew up.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Completely off-topic but this suddenly reminded me of that June 2021 Direct with Smash in it. For context, people were wildly speculating F-Zero, someone posted "I predict nintendo will execute Captain Falcon live on stage"...and then the Direct opened with Kazuya throwing Captain Falcon off a cliff (revealing Kazuya for Smash) and the original post immediately blew up.
Ok but

>late 2019
>I briefly work on a Pokemon tabletop rpg campaign idea
>It's set in a past version of Sinnoh
>2021
>I make a Kanto reimagining spreadsheet
>One of the new designs I introduce is a Ghost/Fighting Primeape evo
>Late last year
>I theorycraft an XY2 with Lumiose City functioning as the central hub

Castersvarog

formerly Maronmario
Honestly the biggest twist of this entire direct wasn’t how Pokémon Z is now a thing, but the fact that it’s coming out in 2025. Which honestly, thank god, the games needed a breather for more development, or at least a few extra months.

edit: I guess to give proper thoughts, I’m excited honestly, in a ‘this looks cool’ kind of way and I hope it’s actually good.

As for what I hope to see:
There’s the obvious ones more Megas, like the ever loved Flygon and Milotic, but also Jynx, Froslass and the Kalos starters, heck Kalos Mons in general. Jynx was datamined to have mega evolution data, Froslass because Glalie got one.
the Kalos starters for two reasons:
they’ll likely give different starter Mons as the games starters, probably Snivy, Piplup and either Scorbunny or Littleo, who’ll all likely get new regional variants as their final forms. And Kalos Mons never got Megas and it makes perfect sense to give the starters Megas.

Id like to see new evolutions of older Mons, but that’s a given.
Hopefully new regional variants that help bump up the missing types in the Kalos dex, especially Bug, Ground and Poison types which were sorely lacking in XY the moment you didn’t use older Mons.

But I also hope the game does more with the battling side of things, Legends had a neat battle system that’s held back by having like 7 required battles throughout the main game. The games definitely not taking place in ancient times what with modern Kalos’ development.

Last edited:

StupidFlandrs48

World’s sweatiest casual
is a Pre-Contributor
Ok but

>late 2019
>I briefly work on a Pokemon tabletop rpg campaign idea
>It's set in a past version of Sinnoh
>2021
>I make a Kanto reimagining spreadsheet
>One of the new designs I introduce is a Ghost/Fighting Primeape evo
>Late last year
>I theorycraft an XY2 with Lumiose City functioning as the central hub
Sure Drampa, let's get you to bed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)