Pokemon Day Presents 2024 - Pokemon LZA 2025

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
-- With the above stupidity on my pattern recognition, I'm led to expect a Legends Kalos game, as people speculated on heavily with the Iberian Peninsula basis for Paldea, the explicit absence of the Kalos Legendary trio, extremely underexplored lore for the region, and 10+ year gap with XY's original release in such a release season (Legends Arceus being 14 years after Platinum given how many elements it draws from like Giratina's post-game conflict and the Origin Forms given to Palkia/Dialga).
You won.

More set pieces that would be odd to ignore:
-The tower of mastery (the prior-to-retcon origin of Mega Evolution!) in a game that's bringing back mega evolution
-The Alistar Sundial, the mysterious crystal very similar to the Ultimate Weapon that showed you mega evolutions
-Geosenge town and Route 11, the site of the Ultimate Weapon

Yeah I definitely think Lumiose will be a huge place and the home base of the game but between all the very notable landmarks that tie into mega Evolutoin, Zygarde and the region's backstory I think we'll see be heading out to other parts ala LA.

Although, I wonder if there might be an extensive underground network? The Weapon was stored under there, Terminus Cave presumably could extend further under the region, all the Power Plants go into the earth proper....

I'll be interested to see the regional dex for this game given XY had the biggest one(?) yet and then incl any of the new Pokémon / forms we'll inevitably get - Legends did a really good job at making things relatively immersive so doing that on a bigger scale with almost double the dex will be fun to see

I mean, I'd consider myself a Kalos fan. Gen 6 was where I really got into serious setbuilding (easily viewable EVs helped a lot) and where I had the best in-person social things with anybody other than immidiate family. It may compete with ORAS given I started in Hoenn, but I'm not going to disparage XY as a system-seller since I didn't get a 3ds before it. Gen 6 gets even kinder in hindsight as the last new region that fully stuck to a working formula.

Not every Kalos fan is winning today.

Story: A catastrophe destroyed Kalos and Lumiose is the only refuge to both people and pokemon on the future. The scientists invented some time machine to investigate what happened in the past and a 10yo child with a starter pokemon will be time travelling in the city to discover.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So an idea that just popped into my head...but since this is a Legends game...

I wonder if we'll get new regional form-ish pseudo-new starters based on old starters again. Legends: Arceus had Rowlet, Cyndaquil, and Oshawott become Hisuian Decidueye, Hisuian Typhlosion, and Hisuian Samurott.

In this case since Kalos is based on France, if they do a pseudo-new mix and match starter trio again, who could fit the bill to be the game's starter trio?

Snivy seems like an obvious choice for the Grass starter. But I wonder who would fit the bill for the Fire and Water starter.

let go of this franchise youll feel better. i mean this genuinely, you're not having fun with the games nor ripping apart the games nor watching from the sidelines. I did this w like half of the stuff i used to watch and read etc and it feels so good
I've done what I could. Problem is I can't find anything else that's reliable, so sitting around in forums is the holding pattern while I'm looking for something new. I honestly don't care that much about the game itself, not playing is the current standard at all, I just don't like it being talked about as if I don't exist.

I wonder if we'll get new regional form-ish pseudo-new starters based on old starters again. Legends: Arceus had Rowlet, Cyndaquil, and Oshawott become Hisuian Decidueye, Hisuian Typhlosion, and Hisuian Samurott.

In this case since Kalos is based on France, if they do a pseudo-new mix and match starter trio again, who could fit the bill to be the game's starter trio?

Snivy seems like an obvious choice for the Grass starter. But I wonder who would fit the bill for the Fire and Water starter.
I'm thinking Piplup or Popplio for Water starters. For fire I'm thinking Scorbunny or Litten, maybe even Torchic if they don't see Piplup/Snivy as "old school" enough. I don't think they'll have anything from Paldea though because of how recent they are.

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
You have got to be freaking kidding me. A Kalos Legends game. That’s it. I’m done.

It’s one thing for me to get a prediction wrong about no new games showing up here. But it’s another thing entirely for Game Freak to want to rush out yet another game for what I’m expecting is early-mid 2025 while also breaking the precedent set for returning region order for the entire franchise’s history.

I hope everyone here is happy. That’s all I’m going to say.
Yes, Game Freak have never broken precedent before! I remember with great affection the Hoenn remakes in Gen V... oh. Or the astonishingly well-received Pokemon Grey... oh. But what about Pokemon Z... oh.

Joking aside, I'm... actually interested in this? In an at-a-distance way, at least. It remains to be seen whether this a game I'd actually care about enough to play. But from a conceptual level I'm glad this is happening, in a way I couldn't be for new Unova games.

I guess the reason for my ultimate lack of emotion either way on Unova sequels/prequels/remakes is that Unova's story is just so complete. Sure it'd be nice to get a Black&White 3, but is it really needed? No. Do we actually need to see the Original Dragon, or would it just be an inevitable disappointment? I think the latter. And the originals hold up so well I've been meaning to replay them for months. Similarly, I'm positively predisposed to any Johto content almost as a reflex but I'm not on my knees desperate for more - between GSC, Colosseum, and HGSS I think all of Johto's legendaries have had a fair run.

Whereas I think we can all agree, Kalos fanboys or no, that XY needed it more - either in the form of a third game, two upgraded versions, sequels, or whatever. Hell, I've literally just written a post criticising XY on another thread and I'm still like "yeah, nice" at this news. Zygarde never got its own game and always felt like such an afterthought in Alola, and I'd like to see it delved into a little more than it was. And frankly Xerneas/Yveltal could use a bit more attention too.

That's before I even get into Kalos's three mythicals. Let's hope Diancie, Hoopa, and most especially Volcanion get some proper focus in this title. Maybe enough to give us the chance of getting our hands on that smouldering gold Hoopa and that smexy pink-and-yellow shiny Volcanion...

idle thought: Legends Arceus had a sharp focus on capturing with battling being more of a "punishment" and forced battles being pretty rare
but this seems significantly more modern, has a battle very prominent in the concept trailer, and has Mega Evolution.

So while I do think captures will be more important than in normal games, I think we'll see a more even focus on battling this go around. Maybe more akin to Let's Go's mix (but with LA-styled capture mechancis instead)

I'm hoping Chikorita is chosen as the Grass starter since that would also mean a high likelihood of finally getting Mega Meganium.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yes, Game Freak have never broken precedent before! I remember with great affection the Hoenn remakes in Gen V... oh. Or the astonishingly well-received Pokemon Grey... oh. But what about Pokemon Z... oh.

Joking aside, I'm... actually interested in this? In an at-a-distance way, at least. It remains to be seen whether this a game I'd actually care about enough to play. But from a conceptual level I'm glad this is happening, in a way I couldn't be for new Unova games.

I guess the reason for my ultimate lack of emotion either way on Unova sequels/prequels/remakes is that Unova's story is just so complete. Sure it'd be nice to get a Black&White 3, but is it really needed? No. Do we actually need to see the Original Dragon, or would it just be an inevitable disappointment? I think the latter. And the originals hold up so well I've been meaning to replay them for months. Similarly, I'm positively predisposed to any Johto content almost as a reflex but I'm not on my knees desperate for more - between GSC, Colosseum, and HGSS I think all of Johto's legendaries have had a fair run.

Whereas I think we can all agree, Kalos fanboys or no, that XY needed it more - either in the form of a third game, two upgraded versions, sequels, or whatever. Hell, I've literally just written a post criticising XY on another thread and I'm still like "yeah, nice" at this news. Zygarde never got its own game and always felt like such an afterthought in Alola, and I'd like to see it delved into a little more than it was. And frankly Xerneas/Yveltal could use a bit more attention too.

That's before I even get into Kalos's three mythicals. Let's hope Diancie, Hoopa, and most especially Volcanion get some proper focus in this title. Maybe enough to give us the chance of getting our hands on that smouldering gold Hoopa and that smexy pink-and-yellow shiny Volcanion...
Would not surprise me if they brought back the save file mechanic from L:A

Honestly my biggest hope is that there’s not *so* much Gen 1 pandering.

I've done what I could. Problem is I can't find anything else that's reliable, so sitting around in forums is the holding pattern while I'm looking for something new. I honestly don't care that much about the game itself, not playing is the current standard at all, I just don't like it being talked about as if I don't exist.
i mean I think your big mistake is trying to replace on reliability. if youre letting go of a long running series thats super stable you gotta go with the unstable, one offs etc. Also you shouldnt try to replace it with similar genres imo.

for example, i swapped a brazilian book saga that was mainly fantasy with an horror thriller author LOL and non-fiction. you'll never find something that captured how you felt with pokemon, those are biased memories that you just hold dear and then go do something else tbh.

I dont think pokemon needs to be defended from critics, I just feel like you arent really having fun with the criticism, which kinda sucks

Just realized: No new Unova games means that Patrat and the elemental monkeys are in jeapardy of not being available in the wild since the original release of Pokemon X&Y 11 years ago. PLA lacked some Sinnoh dex staples like Medicham, so they could very well end up neglected.

In fact, I've captured live footage of them demonstrating their frustration:

pokemonz.png

I hate every game I see,
From Pokemon A to Pokemon Z.
When will all of my starter monkeys go free?
Oh my god, I was wrong!
Kalos game, all along.
There's no elemental monkeys-
Yes, no elemental monkeys-

Yes, no elemental monkeys since thirt-eeeeeeen!

Would not surprise me if they brought back the save file mechanic from L:A
What would it be used for? Most of the save bonuses from LA were for BDSP, but there is likely no mainline Kalos game (or a mainline game in any other region) coming out this year. Though depending on when in 2025 it comes out, we could have a mainline game with a November 2025 release date revealed at that point.

Was there a single hint towards Z? Like a single one?
The lack of the XYZ legends was kind of conspicuous and I think in any other scenario people would have been waving them in the air very loudly exclaiming its Kalos Time.
The Monkeys, Patrat & Furfrou all being early/midgame Pokemon in XY also kinda sorta stood out? It was definitely something on my mind at least.

Just realized: No new Unova games means that Patrat and the elemental monkeys are in jeapardy of not being available in the wild since the original release of Pokemon X&Y 11 years ago. PLA lacked some Sinnoh dex staples like Medicham, so they could very well end up neglected.

In fact, I've captured live footage of them demonstrating their frustration:

View attachment 609044

I hate every game I see,
From Pokemon A to Pokemon Z.
When will all of my starter monkeys go free?
Oh my god, I was wrong!
Kalos game, all along.
There's no elemental monkeys-
Yes, no elemental monkeys-

Yes, no elemental monkeys since thirt-eeeeeeen!
That said it would be very funny if we did turn out to not have all the Pokemon by the end of the switch era, but instead of the one people kept trying to push (Furfrou) it was the 7 everyone thought were hardlocks.

Furfrou to get a new Smug Trim and changes the cry to go "WELL WELL WELL"

Someone pointed out that apparently a comparable sport to Soccer did exist 3000 years ago so this is my excuse to guess it will be Scorbunny for Fire.

side thing but like, this confirms the switch is dead right? only a small teaser, a year away, theyre releasing this thing on the hype train for switch 64 and probably going to drop gen 10 in late 2025

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)