Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, is anyone going to play a BW Metagame like how there was the 200 metagame in ADV? Considering all the possibilities and headaches that will arise from the future normal metagame, have a restricted metagame like 200 would be nice to play lol.

So, is anyone going to play a BW Metagame like how there was the 200 metagame in ADV? Considering all the possibilities and headaches that will arise from the future normal metagame, have a restricted metagame like 200 would be nice to play lol.
If that does happen. I'm actually hoping that all regions can have their own metagame. It would be fun at least to be locked into an individual region every once in a while, xD.

Personally, I feel like this should become a new, full-fledged metagame.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'll post the support message sent to everyone who pre-ordered Pokémon Black or White on play-asia. It addresses the region lock issue. Obviously my name, order confirmation number, and anything pertaining to advertisement will be removed.

Play-Asia.com Customer Support message from 2010-09-10 15:13:29 HKT
Dear X,

This is an important update regarding your Pokemon Black / White Japanese Version pre-order #XXXXXXXX

According to the official website, Pokemon Black / White include DSi enhanced features and we know from our experience that some other games sporting DSi Enhance functions are region locked on DSi systems. However, there is no firm rule on it.

Please understand that we are not able to accept returns due to region lock issues. We are sending you this email to keep you informed and to ask you to make a decision based on this information.

First off, if you have a Nintendo DS or DS Lite Console from any region then there should be no problem

However, if you have a Non-Japanese DSi / DSi XL console then the title might not work at all on your console or the DSi Enhanced features might not work. Please keep in mind, in worst case, you will have a situation where you cannot play the game you bought.

Please make sure that you either have a Nintendo DS / Nintendo DS Lite
- or -
a JAPANESE DSi / DSi LL to ensure that you can play the game.

More info on this matter has been compiled here
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-dsienhanced.html

If you are currently in possession of a Non-Japanese Nintendo DSi or Nintendo DSi XL and you want to play this title, we recommend to check our selection of Nintendo DSi & DSi LL models here (only those marked Japanese will play the game 100%)
URL

We need to stress the fact that the game might work perfectly on Non-Japanese DSi's, then this email would not be necessary, but it just is a high risk to take. We simply don't know if the game will work or not. We received conflicting statements from all our vendors.

You can change your order online in your account. However, the option of changing an order will disappear once the order is being prepared for shipping, in this case please contact our customer service for any amendment.
URL

You may also request Customer Service to hold off your order until we can check incoming stock - the order can then be shipped when it is clear if the game works or not. However, if you do so, keep in mind that this may delay shipping of your game significantly.

We are sorry we cannot be of better help at this time.

Yours Sincerely,

Play-Asia.com Customer Service

If that does happen. I'm actually hoping that all regions can have their own metagame. It would be fun at least to be locked into an individual region every once in a while, xD.
I'd love that. 5 separate metagames for each region and then one big clusterfuck that has all of them which would be the main metagame. So when you get bored with the OU in gen 3, you can go play the UU in gen 1. I hope Shoddy implements something like this. It'd be a lot work for the people that set up the tiers since they'd have to make 6 different Uber, OU, BL, UU, and NU tiers, but I think it'd ultimately be worth it.

Wow, Region-Locking. I wonder who invented it? They must be proud of such a ridiculous invention being taken seriously.

DSLite master race here.

I'd love that. 5 separate metagames for each region and then one big clusterfuck that has all of them which would be the main metagame. So when you get bored with the OU in gen 3, you can go play the UU in gen 1. I hope Shoddy implements something like this. It'd be a lot work for the people that set up the tiers since they'd have to make 6 different Uber, OU, BL, UU, and NU tiers, but I think it'd ultimately be worth it.
Unfortunately, it depends on how many people would be willing to try something new and play a different metagame or lock themselves into using specific pokemon. Its something to look into though(IMO).
Wow, Region-Locking. I wonder who invented it? They must be proud of such a ridiculous invention being taken seriously.

DSLite master race here.
The DSi first had it with the DSi Ware games. I just don't understand why down to the console, some of the features can't be played on Pokemon B/W.

Indeed. Moles -are- fairly small anyways. I think what threw me off was the fact that Dory's sprite is as big as Onono's sprite who is 5ft. He'll probably end up being portrayed as larger in the anime and manga.

The last time I was this shocked by a pokemon's height was when I found out Bellossom is friggin' PUNY (even smaller than Gloom and IIRC Oddish).
Me too. I was so surprised about bellossom's height AND gengar's height. Gengar is freaking huge.

The problem I see with this is that it would be even harder to find Pokemon when they're ordered by Pokedex number. Right now, you atleast know what generation they're from and that narrows it down quite a bit.
But it makes more sense...

I have to ask, where did the rumor that there will be no evolutions of previous Pokemon come from?

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
Wasn't there a rumour that there was going to be an option to specifically do this?

Everything but the starter evos were 100% confirmed.

Although the 2nd stage starters are still pretty much guaranteed to be legit now.
The final forms are not 100% guaranteed. Remember, that WASN'T the official Sugimori art. For all we know Melkor could have had legit access to the starters' second stages and faked the final forms.

I didn't see it posted, but in case anyone was curious: Oha Shuta's video clip

Nothing really new, though. Brief clip of Viktini (HE'S #000 DON'T CHA KNOW) in double battle with Pokabu against Miju & Tsutarja.

I'm hoping we'll be seeing the other CoroCoro Pokemon later in the week. I want to see Afrobull in action!

The final forms are not 100% guaranteed. Remember, that WASN'T the official Sugimori art. For all we know Melkor could have had legit access to the starters' second stages and faked the final forms.
Melkor didn't make the final forms. & Serebii's source also backs up the final forms.

Wasn't there a rumour that there was going to be an option to specifically do this?
Yeah it's called Fresh or something.
I'd really like to play in a B/W only metagame; it would be nice not to have to RNG a ton of things. It really depends on how balanced the Pokemon are though...I don't wanna play a tier with less than 50 Pokemon in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)