Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll change the topic a little here.
What were Zekron and Reshiran based on? Yin Yang?
If so.. what could be the third legendary? An Ouroboros? I'd love an Ouroboros Pokemon.

sorry for the maybe noob question but, what is Eiji Aonuma?
He's the head director of the Zelda series, pretty much second only to Miyamoto in regards to development of the games.

God, I can't wait until we get wind of actual news of the starters. This rumour nonsense is pretty much straining my patience to the limit here - there's no way to confirm it either way, so all we can do is wait and hope that Pokémon Sunday, or (God willing) a CoroCoro leak will clear it up. The next week is gonna suuuuuuuuck.

sorry for the maybe noob question but, what is Eiji Aonuma?
He's the main guy behind Zelda. Although Shigeru Miyamoto created LoZ, Aonuma is the guy behind all the creative decisions.

Masuda is behind all of the creative decisions in Pokemon, while Satoshi Tajiri (the creator) takes a backseat.

I'll change the topic a little here.
What were Zekron and Reshiran based on? Yin Yang?
If so.. what could be the third legendary? An Ouroboros? I'd love an Ouroboros Pokemon.
Reshiram is the White Yang Pokemon and Zekrom is the Black Yin Pokemon, so my bet is on Yin/Yang too... No idea what a third Pokemon would be though.

Couldn't agree more. Pokejungle just seems so much more "laid back." Serebii I might dare to compare to a diva.
Serebii's pulled crap like this in the past, so it's really not surprising.
And, of course, I generally don't like Serebii because he's an humourless douche who takes his site and his "reputation" way too seriously
People want Serebii screwed because he's renound for being an arrogant, egotistical douche
THIS
IS
SMOGON

I'm really hoping these evos are fake, but it's all up in the air right now. It's your word vs. mine, and right now, I think a lot of sites are hopping on the "Serebii said so!" bandwagon. The only thing we've really got to do is wait for Pokemon Sunday, or a confession from Serebii/whoever else.

Reshiram is the White Yang Pokemon and Zekrom is the Black Yin Pokemon, so my bet is on Yin/Yang too... No idea what a third Pokemon would be though.
We already have all possible nature Pokemon, we have Time, Space, we have God.. and now we have the two Balance Pokemon. The only thing I can think is either the Eternal/Infinite (Ouroboros) or the Nothingness Pokemon.

I don't get why people actually want this to be fake, just so Serebii gets screwed. Can't people stop with the dumb "Serebii is a dumb brit! PokeJungle/PokeBeach/Pokewhatever are way better" comments, because I'm sure everyone who says that still goes to SPP. It's thanks to this dumb rivalry that we don't have as many great Pokemon websites as we could've.
No, we want this to be fake because they are absolutely hideous. Look at Pokabu's alleged evolutions, not even a mother could love those. :/

Snorunt.

Atm, honestly I'm far more interested in the three monkeys for the first gym than the (FAKE!!!)starter evos. I wonder what other twists other gyms could have, adn what will happen with the Elite Four.
Yes, please, let's stop talking about whether the evos are fake or not. We're just running in circles...

So, that's a pretty big change. Instead of making the gym leader use one element, he uses the "fundamental" rock paper scissors elements. I hope more gyms end up going this route, it might make the game a bit more challenging! And no starter has the upper hand in the first gym if Dento has a Grass, Water, and Fire type. I just hope not all gyms end up having the same puzzle the first two do. :|

Regardless of what the real starters look like i will be buying this game, although it isn't like we will be spoilt for choice...

Still have some emotions to cover
Nah, they are saving the emotions for the 6th Gen. Pokemon Love/Hate...

D=

Speaking of the 3rd Game of Gen 5, I'm almost certain it'll be on the 3DS, honestly I don't understand the TIMING of this Gen. 3DS will be out within 5 or 6 Months and then DS will be obsoleted.
Agreed. But they have something in mind. GameFreak probably already knew about the 3DS way before it's annoucement.

Agreed. But they have something in mind. GameFreak probably already knew about the 3DS way before it's annoucement.
Um, they probably knew about it YEARS before it's announcement.

The Wii was being worked on in 2001. That was when the Gamecube was released. They probably knew about the 3DS a year or two after the DS Phat was made.

We've been talking about these starters for atleast 20 pages by now; we need to change topics to something else.

Dream World Pokemon:
We've seen that the starters and Eeveelutions are getting other abilities. Vaporeon is getting Hydration and Glaceon is getting Ice Body.

1. Will Vaporeon start using Rain Rest as a way to heal?

2. Will Glaceon become the next Stallrein?

3. What other abilities will the Eeveelutions/starters get?

-------

1. Rain Rest allows Vaporeon to heal status and heal all of its HP at the same time and boosts the power of its Water moves in exchange for not being able to heal its teammates. I don't think it will be used more often than Wish+Protect on most teams because it can't heal its entire team but might be useful on Rain Teams who could benifit from another Rain Dancer. Vaporeon will also be able to heal off any status in Rain, provided we can breed them and get these abilities.

2. I don't see why it couldn't be, considering it has all of the useful moves Walrein has, besides Surf and Earthquake, as well as Wish and Heal Bell, again, provided we can breed them and get these abilities. However, I don't think it will actually be boosted very much considering Walrein is NU.

3. Trace Espeon, Insomnia Umbreon, and Chlorophyll Leafeon could be interesting, however, the latter two would be pretty useless without Wish and Baton Pass, respectively. I have a feeling they're going to give Jolteon Motor Drive, which is completely useless for it.

Charzaro

(>~ @_@ )>~
I'm really hoping Charizard will get something to boost him up a few tiers. I love charizard and I'm really sad he is Nu. But what ability would help him?

i wonder, if they are gonna be more (if we consider Mamanbou as one) evolutions or preevolutions of old generation pokemon. If we are, what are they gonna be their ways of evolving or breeding? and what pokemon might get evos or pre-evos?

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm really hoping Charizard will get something to boost him up a few tiers. I love charizard and I'm really sad he is Nu. But what ability would help him?
intimidate might make him UU, i don't think there is any abillity that makes reasonable sense that can make him OU though

Magic Guard, which would eliminate his SR weakness, but that's not realistically gonna happen. I think intimidate/flash fire would be more likely.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
We've been talking about these starters for atleast 20 pages by now; we need to change topics to something else.

Dream World Pokemon:
We've seen that the starters and Eeveelutions are getting other abilities. Vaporeon is getting Hydration and Glaceon is getting Ice Body.

1. Will Vaporeon start using Rain Rest as a way to heal?

2. Will Glaceon become the next Stallrein?

3. What other abilities will the Eeveelutions/starters get?
I'm not sure if Rain + Rest would work so well on Vappy seeing as she has a horrible Defense stat (although I suppose her high HP balances it out). That, and the fact that Vaporeon might have stiff competition with Mamanbou. Besides, rain teams tend to be hyper-offensive since they only have 8 turns of rain, unless GF gives us an auto-Drizzle pokemon.

I agree completely with Glaceon = the new Stallrein. Oh, and Jolteon WILL get Lightningrod. TROLL FREAK!

I'll agree with the bit about Jolteon getting Motor Drive, as it's pretty much the only electric ability they'd probably give to it (lol Static, Lightning Rod). Anyway, thanks for changing the subject, but I was just wondering also besides the Eeveelutions getting new abilities about the supposed Kanto starter alternate abilities.... Intimidate Charmander? Solar Power Bulbasaur? Swift Swim Squirtle?

Actualy im hopeing for a fire absorb ability for Charizard... that way he can wall Heatran and heal some of his health after SR damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)