Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think that they should make Explosion remove entry hazards as a secondary effect? from a logical point of view it doesn't seem unreasonable. the force of the blast blows away the pointed rocks/ spikes/Tspikes.

just a thought.

OK, stall without entry hazards is completely horrible. If anything, no entry hazards would harm stall because stall members can't do significant damage without them. Just so stall players don't have a literal bitch-fit, there could be a Water-type Rapid Spin, that way Water Absorb and Dry Skin Pokemon are still immune.

OK, stall without entry hazards is completely horrible. If anything, no entry hazards would harm stall because stall members can't do significant damage without them. Just so stall players don't have a literal bitch-fit, there could be a Water-type Rapid Spin, that way Water Absorb and Dry Skin Pokemon are still immune.
That's what i was thinking too.
I read the posts and i was like "WTF, am i playing a different game?"
Stall is the playstyle that uses and abuses entry hazards to its fullest. Removing them is BAD for stall.
I bet they would just make a ghost typed Rapid Spin: so normal pokes can block it -looking at Blissey-.

Just saw the new pokemon revealed in Pokemon Sunday and i think that since they questioned if someone on the anime had one i think they might be refering to Dento and that he might have this pokemon, this will mean for sure that Dento is a grass type gym leader.

sorry if this has been already discussed, i haven't check the past posts and im too lazy to check them now
Now that it has been confirmed that Dento owns the grass monkey, it seems that my prediction might be correct

Removal of entry hazards would make stall broken.
Have you ever played stall before?

One of the main goals of a stall team is to set up spikes/tspikes/stealth rock.

Rotom-H is mostly used on stall teams as a spin blocker.

Entry hazards are a stall teams main source of damage. I don't see how taking away their main tools would make it broken.

There are plenty of ways to nerf entry hazards, but GF doesn't care about us, so I doubt they'll do anything with that in mind.

If we're wishing for ways to nerf it though, make a Ghost type RS. Makes countering spinners harder because it requires a Ghost and a Normal type, but not impossible if you want to focus your team on keeping them on the field.

The Isshu anime being faster-paced than the previous regions' animes could mean that we will get another region in addition to Isshu this generation. After the Isshu anime ends, Ash & co. will have to go to some other region. I doubt there would be a whole season set in an already-visited region, so there will likely be a new region after Isshu to fill this time gap. This could just mean there will be a filler season like the Orange Islands one, though. Also, if the RSE games are remade, there would be too little to do in the game with only one region and hardly any post-Elite Four quests. Adding another region would solve this problem.

The Isshu anime being faster-paced than the previous regions' animes could mean that we will get another region in addition to Isshu this generation. After the Isshu anime ends, Ash & co. will have to go to some other region. I doubt there would be a whole season set in an already-visited region, so there will likely be a new region after Isshu to fill this time gap. This could just mean there will be a filler season like the Orange Islands one, though. Also, if the RSE games are remade, there would be too little to do in the game with only one region and hardly any post-Elite Four quests. Adding another region would solve this problem.
Isshu battle frontier would be a very real possibility.

I heard that some pokemons will get new abilities. Do we know if jolteon, swampert and vapereon will get new abilities, if so which? or what do you guy think they will be?

I heard that some pokemons will get new abilities. Do we know if jolteon, swampert and vapereon will get new abilities, if so which? or what do you guy think they will be?
The eeveelutions are confirmed for new abilities. Vaporeon and Glaceon are confirmed for Hydration and Ice Body respectively. The Kanto starters were also confirmed. This could mean other starters like Mudkip are going to, but we're not sure yet.

The eeveelutions are confirmed for new abilities. Vaporeon and Glaceon are confirmed for Hydration and Ice Body respectively. The Kanto starters were also confirmed. This could mean other starters like Mudkip are going to, but we're not sure yet.
Thank you

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Dento is Grass, Aloe is Fire, third gym is Water. Obviously.

Fuck this, my Nuzlocke is buttfucked already as I'll start with Tsutarja and I have no fucking idea on the pokémon I'll find before the second gym lol. So much fun~~

I like how everyone acts like the removal of entry hazards could only help pokemon, when the truth is its a much needed part of the metagame, and aside from pokes with weakness to Stealth Rocks has a beneficial effect.
I'd say having Stealth Rock still be type-based, but only affecting Ground-immune pokémon, would be the best way out. We get our precious Fire-types (lol no) relatively safe, and still have Gyarados and Salamence screwed (a little) by hazard damage.

If we ever had that, I don't think we'd even need any other kind of nerf lol.

this. the only reason you cant use rotom formes in wifi is that theyre not programmed into DP , so they would have to split wifi into pre and post plat, which would suck. gen 5 wont be compatible with gen 4 anyway in term of battling so theres no reasonnot to implement rotom-A
No. Have you ever played with Deoxys in Advance? It would always show up as a Normal Deoxys (iirc; if it weren't, then the game showed its respective forme (FR showed Attack, LF showed Defense, etc), so there was no compatibility problem. If Game Freak really wanted to, they could have done the same with Rotoms, Skymin and Origintina. Actually, they HAVE done the same; you can play with them on wireless, local battles. It's just Union Room and Wi-Fi that got fucked, probably because Game Freak really didn't want to let those new formes to be traded to D/P... But even then, that's ridiculously retarded, as they could have put the "checkpoint" to revert them back to their original formes AT THE MOMENT YOU CHOSE "TRADE", NOT WHEN YOU CHOSE TO GET ON THE UNION ROOM/WI-FI, GODDAMNIT GAME FREAK.

And if you manage to actually SEND an alternate forme to D/P, you will be perfectly able to use it over Wi-Fi. You won't even have the Platinum Orb restriction on Origintina, mind you. Problem is, you can only do so either by hacking, pokésaving or setting up a pirate GTS (which is technically NOT hacking, but whatever...).

EDIT -- On a sidenote, what the fuck happened to Ash's eyes, Holy Mother of Jesus fucking Christ.

EDIT2 -- Gochiruzeru up in this bitch

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ash's female partner looks cool and stylish, but...what's up with the hair?

EDIT: Oh good lord, Ash's eyes...did they decide to give the dude Down syndrome now?

Lol he was displayed multiple times in the Black and White preview at the end of today's Pokemon episode.

Here you go.
It's probably something already revealed, and I'm just not seeing it, but what the HELL is that purple thing @ 1:01 in that video?
Giratina is shown later in the video in the same style shot. So seriously, am I just not seeing something?

EDIT: Darkrai, I see it now. Hahahahahahahahha

Wouldn't a Rapid Spinner with Scrappy be more sufficient and less complicated?
Yeah I think they should give Rapid Spin to Miltank. Stall wouldn't neccessarily be hurt too badly because Miltank wouldn't be used a whole lot because it wouldn't be able to do much else better than other Pokemon. Also, Rapid Spin is still an incredibly weak attack and Balanced/Offensive teams would get a free switch in on Rapid Spin, even though nothing can actually block it.

I agree that they should cap SR damage at 25%. It would keep things like Gyarados and Salamence (if it comes back to OU) in check while not making things like Yanmega and Charizard nearly useless.

Who else is hoping for Intimidate Umbreon and Chlorophyl Leafeon?

Edit: Is it me, or does Ash look a lot younger in that preview for the next season?

Did anyone else catch the most recent anime episode or see the pics from it? Ash goes up against his opponent who uses a Dakrai and wipes out half of his team. When he finally knocks out Darkrai his opponent sends out a Latios and finishes him off.

I don't follow the anime but I imagine that if I did I would be really pissed that the entire season of following Ash and watching him win his badges and battles ends in a few minutes from some guy who uses legendary pokemon. What the fuck?

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Did anyone else catch the most recent anime episode or see the pics from it? Ash goes up against his opponent who uses a Dakrai and wipes out half of his team. When he finally knocks out Darkrai his opponent sends out a Latios and finishes him off.

I don't follow the anime but I imagine that if I did I would be really pissed that the entire season of following Ash and watching him win his badges and battles ends in a few minutes from some guy who uses legendary pokemon. What the fuck?
Saw it on Youtube, they probaly wanted to get the BW anime out in time for BW's release so they had to end it quickly while making it epic.

If BW wasn't coming out Ash probably would've won due to the power of plot.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
...that guy has a Darkrai and a Latios. WTFISTHIS.

Seriously. That's kids' Japanese anime for you. Goad to see this thing hasn't died for three years. I wonder how the audience in North America might react to the new Pokemon girl...

Obviously in Best Wishes, Ash'll get through the finals fine in an epic match against a Cresselia and an Entei... To get curb-stomped by a Zekrom, and later, a Deoxys.

The new anime poster of Best Wishes looks AWESOME in my opinion, and honestly, I do have high hopes for it.

Hell, everything about 5th gen currently is giving me high hopes, more so than 4th gen or 3rd gen ever gave me (And I <3'd 3rd gen as a kid). Honestly, when B/W DOES come out, I think it'll go beyond how much hype it got (And I swear, Miruhoggu will be on my team FOREVER once I start playing the game. It's just like, the best bouncer groundhog pokémon EVER)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)