Pokemon BDSP Playthrough Discussion

A visual glitch I just found out and that I hadn't seen commented. Evolve Nincada with a Rare Candy while you have a free slot in your party.

You get Shedinja... but you won't see it until you close the Bag screen (not depicted: I used a Sun Stone to evolve Gloom and I still couldn't see Shedinja). You can still use and give it objects.

I've been meaning to try out my newly caught Heatran and Latios to get some BP in the tower singles, what would be a good third member? And my Latios has DPulse/Psychic/Recover, but I'm not too sure on the last move. It's best coverage options are SwSh only (Aura Sphere and Mystical Fire). Any advice?

Does anyone have a spare Rotom they could trade me?

Also do the appliance formes revert back to regular Rotom during trades? I can't remember if this was only a gen 4 thing or still exists.

qtrx

cadaeic
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I’m sure this has been mentioned somewhere else, and I didn’t notice it in Sw/Sh cos none of my mons used it but damn, Shadow Ball’s Gen 8 animation is amazing.
I loved it so much I gave Togekiss Specs and PP Ups just to spam this move against all the route trainers

How do you mine with another person
I know you can, I've seen footage and the online underground has a whole thing where yo ucan make a call like "hey lets go mining" and see other players mining but I cannot figure out how to join

I was really hoping to rely on this to try & get water stones & leaf stones

How do you mine with another person
I know you can, I've seen footage and the online underground has a whole thing where yo ucan make a call like "hey lets go mining" and see other players mining but I cannot figure out how to join

I was really hoping to rely on this to try & get water stones & leaf stones
When someone else is mining in the underground, white sparkles will appear on both sides of them. Press A on one of those and you should start mining.

Reactions: R_N
When someone else is mining in the underground, white sparkles will appear on both sides of them. Press A on one of those and you should start mining.
Hmm weird I dont remember seeing one....perhaps they were in the process of wrapping up. I'll try again later.

What's the deal with the Letter Stickers? I just caught the 26 Unown, showed them to the kid, had him tell me he was giving me the stickers, and then couldn't find them in the list. Am I blind, or is something weird with them in this game?

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
What's the deal with the Letter Stickers? I just caught the 26 Unown, showed them to the kid, had him tell me he was giving me the stickers, and then couldn't find them in the list. Am I blind, or is something weird with them in this game?
There are no letter stickers. Probably removed because people spelled offensive things with them in DPPt

Yeah the problem was absolutely not limited to racial slurs
nintendo definitely doesn't want THAT to happen, of course, but they also dont want more minor things like "Fuck" and such.
I'd say it's twofold.
It probably wasnt "just" the racial slur, but the racial slur is probably what pushed it over the edge to get them removed.
Remember we're in a world where non nicknamed Cofagrigius could not be traded at some point, for a reason.

Plus in 2021 I'm pretty confident racial slur would be one of the tamest things you'd hear anyway, if my/honestly anyone's latest experiences in any sort of unmoderated chat is to speak.

I'd say it's twofold.
It probably wasnt "just" the racial slur, but the racial slur is probably what pushed it over the edge to get them removed.
Remember we're in a world where non nicknamed Cofagrigius could not be traded at some point, for a reason.

Plus in 2021 I'm pretty confident racial slur would be one of the tamest things you'd hear anyway, if my/honestly anyone's latest experiences in any sort of unmoderated chat is to speak.
I think Nintendo would have zero tolerance for even a modest "shit" especially in an official tournament setting.

Long story short a PG kids game can't allow players to do that. I miss the Pokeball letters but I 100% understand their removal.

And yet they didn't eliminate the kid saying he was giving you the letter stickers. This game just stumbles so hard on the basic stuff.

And yet they didn't eliminate the kid saying he was giving you the letter stickers. This game just stumbles so hard on the basic stuff.
Glancing at the text dump he always says Ball Capsules. Are you sure you just didn't misread it?

I’m researching Unown! Unown has a lot of different forms. Fascinating, isn’t it? I’d love for you to show me Unown, if you’ve got any.
Wow! I’ve never seen that form of before! Please take this Ball Capsule as my thanks.
Wow! I’ve never seen in that form! Thank you! If you happen to find a different form, please show it to me.
Oh, you’ve already shown me in that form. If you find a different form, please show it to me.
Wow! That’s the last form of that I hadn’t seen. It must’ve taken a lot of work to find all those. Thank you so much! This last Ball Capsule is yours now.
The world of Unown is very deep. I wonder why...

Glancing at the text dump he always says Ball Capsules. Are you sure you just didn't misread it?

I’m researching Unown! Unown has a lot of different forms. Fascinating, isn’t it? I’d love for you to show me Unown, if you’ve got any.
Wow! I’ve never seen that form of before! Please take this Ball Capsule as my thanks.
Wow! I’ve never seen in that form! Thank you! If you happen to find a different form, please show it to me.
Oh, you’ve already shown me in that form. If you find a different form, please show it to me.
Wow! That’s the last form of that I hadn’t seen. It must’ve taken a lot of work to find all those. Thank you so much! This last Ball Capsule is yours now.
The world of Unown is very deep. I wonder why...
Wait, what's the use of obtaining 26 extra Ball Capsules?

Wait, what's the use of obtaining 26 extra Ball Capsules?
If you have a bunch of ideas for capsules you can do them among the ball capsules without ruining/restarting the ones you have.

Also some people probably want to put them on what amounts of a box full of Pokemon for whatever reason.

So, I beat Cynthia. The Base-100 pixies are all really good. It's the bulk that matters more than their offenses, honestly, they could tank like champs. For Cynthia, I set up Leech Seed on her Milotic, then sent in Mew holding a Big Root and proceeded to Calm Mind to +6. Still had to live one EQ from Garchomp, but it did so very well. My team was in the low-mid 60s facing her.

As for difficulty, if you skip trainers AND run 12 mons through the game up to gym 8, you're going to be more-or-less on-par with the boss trainers, or a couple levels ahead at worst. After getting Waterfall, I took my final 6 only and went back through the entire map to 100% the hidden items etc and fought all trainers, and I was slightly underleveled for Cynthia. So the level curve is definitely screwed. Affection /mostly/ wasn't a problem during the game, but it was definitely happening early on, it's just that there were very few fights where I was at all concerned about excess crits mattering. During the E4, it seemed to hit a lot more, though I'm not sure if I passed some threshold during Victory Road, or if it's just that the enemy were launching more attacks so I got to see the miss animation a lot. I generally tried to waste a turn following any good RNG, but not always. Some of the fights required thought, at least. In short? If I want difficulty, I'm going back to No-Dynamax SwSh.

We all talk shit about the lack of Fire types, but jeez I forgot how lame Byron's gym is. So many Onix and then the random as hell ace trainers...

Candice's gym has the same problem but at least the ace trainers feel on theme in their parkas.
They really should've thrown around some Lucarios, Wormadams and shieldons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)