Other Pokérus [Balanced Hackmons]

Balanced Hackm
ns

A Balanced Hackmons RMT | Peaked at #2 | Alt: DinaIsha

The Team

Hello, it's me, DinaIsha again, with a Balanced Hackmons team this time. I've been meaning to make a BH RMT for a long while, but due to my bad connection, I wasn't able to peak more than #9, which was disappointing at best. After the ladder reset recently, I grabbed my team and sniped the ladder as best as I could. I got to #2 in just 2 days. A little more and I could have had a crack at #1, but the ladder wouldn't assign me matches unless it's someone from top 10. I didn't have a lot of time with a good connection, so I had to stop at #2. A #2 peak is still enough to prove the team's effectiveness, I guess.

The Song

London Calling by The Clash

London calling
Yes, I was there, too
And you know what they said?
Well, some of it was true!
London calling
At the top of the dial
After all this,
Won't you give me a smile?

The Strategy

En Sabah Nur (Shedinja)
Focus Sash
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Endeavor
- Feint
- Stealth Rock
- Defog

I know that Scrappy Shedinja has been around for a while, but nobody ever used it extensively. Now Gen VI came up with something even better: The Ateabilities. Aerilate/Pixiliate/Rerfigerate Shedinja is the new toy in town. The most threatening and rage-inducing thing it can do is unblockable Endeavor and finish up with +2 Priority Refrigerate Feint, beating King's Shield or Spiky Shield for what it's worth. However, it has something more interesting up its sleeve. It's a Sheep in a Wolf's Clothing. Most opponents assume that Shedinja will always have Sturdy and switch into a Ghost Type, which is exactly what an Ateability Shedinja is out to accomplish: Take out the Ghost Types to help out the real Sturdinja. If the opponent has a Shedinja too, you might want to consider using Stealth Rock first as a Lumcycle Shedinja is a bitch to take down late game. Defog is there to prevent a Magic Bounce backfire.

En Sabah Nur (Shedinja)
Safety Goggles
Ability: Sturdy

Adamant Nature

- Endeavor
- Ice Shard
- Whirlpool
- Volt Switch

Meet the MVP of Balanced Hackmons. So many Generations and changes later, Sturdinja still has its niche and always will. After successfully taking down Ghost Types, Sturdinja can come out and play its heart out. Scout in the beginning with Volt Switch to figure out what the opponent switches into. Try to take it out with your Offensive Powerhouses in Kyurem-B and/or Rayquaza-Primal or if you can predict that they can't harm you, go ahead and take it out with Endeavor + Ice Shard. Whirlpool helps against other Shedinjas, Toxic Healers and Steel Types who usually have King's/Spiky Shield to prevent you from KOing them at 1%.

Famine (Kyogre-Primal) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpD

Bold Nature

- Quiver Dance
- King's Shield
- Scald
- Moonblast

If you think you've met the worst StallWalls in BH, well, I hope you haven't met this thing yet. Boasting wonderful 100/90/160 Defenses and a neat typing for Defense, Kyogre-Primal is among the most viable candidates for Poison Heal. Utilize Quiver Dance/King's Shield as needed to get to at least +2/+3, then start denting the opponent. Scald's Burn will takes care of walls like Registeel and Chansey/Blissey (Especially) and Moonblast will take care of Giratina, Kyurem-B and Rayquaza. Be careful around Special Contrary users though, as you can't stop them if you don't kill them within 2 turns. Groudon can perform a similar role utilizing King's Shield/Sacred Fire/Shift Gear/Play Rough, but the Special Defense boost that comes with Quiver Dance is too good to pass up on.

War (Rayquaza-Mega)
Sky Plate
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Fake Out
- ExtremeSpeed
- Precipice Blades
- Infestation

Powerhouse #1. When Defense fails, go on the Offensive side. I don't have to explain how hard a Sky Plate Aerilate Rayquaza-Primal's Fake Out + ExtremeSpeed hits. Precipice Blades is for the Steel Types and Infestation for Shedinja. You can't hurt Imposter Chansey/Blissey a lot though, but that is really the case with most Offensive mons in BH. You can try to use Judgement shenanigans to lure and kill Chansey/Blissey, but that would mean you'd miss out on Steel Types and/or Shedinja and forfeit the additional firepower that comes with the Sky Plate, which isn't good at all.

Conquest (Diancie-Mega)
Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate

Adamant Nature

- Fake Out
- ExtremeSpeed
- Precipice Blades
- Infestation

Powerhouse #2. A little less powerful. A back up plan.

Death (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

Bold Nature

- Milk Drink
- Metal Burst
- Skill Swap
- Fake Out (Suggested by Uselesscrab )

Your standard Imposter Chansey for all your Defensive, Offensive and Pivot needs. The back up plans for all back up plans. If everything else in your team is down, chances are the opponent has something powerful set out. That is exactly when you steal their power, add it to your humongous HP + Eviolite Boost and smack them until they're dead. If the opponent is brilliant enough to use Substitute beforehand, use Skill Swap (Also works against Sub + Baton Passers). Metal Burst is to counter other Transformed Chanseys and Hyperspace Hole Hoopas (I still don't understand why it can't be Impostered).​

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Refrigerate
Adamant Nature
- Endeavor
- Feint
- Stealth Rock
- Defog

Shedinja @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Sturdy
Adamant Nature
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard
- Whirlpool
- Volt Switch

Kyogre-Primal @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpD
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- King's Shield
- Scald
- Moonblast

Rayquaza-Mega @ Sky Plate
Ability: Aerilate
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- ExtremeSpeed
- Precipice Blades
- Infestation

Diancie-Mega @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
Lonely Nature
- Fake Out
- ExtremeSpeed
- Precipice Blades
- Infestation

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Milk Drink
- Metal Burst
- Skill Swap
- Aromatherapy

Unfortunately, I won 4-5 matches when the Server was down. Later to my dismay, I found out that those scores hadn't been updated at all. Maybe that would have helped with getting to #1. Maybe.

When you really want something, all the universe conspires against you.

Ladder Peak at #4 after the ladder had settled down a bit. I would complain about hax (Scald missing a burn 5 times in a row - that's close to 17% of unlucky probability), but I don't really care even if I go below #10 now. I just had to make a good RMT and for that I had to Peak at a good position.

-tba-

Last edited:
Hello! This is a solid team, and obviously, you've had a lot of success with it. I have a couple of minor suggestions. First of all, Chansey should have Fake Out. I'm not sure which move to replace, but otherwise you're going to have serious trouble with any Illusion that can deal with Shedinja and/or your various revenge killers. By the way, I'm pretty sure Hyperspace Fury Hoopas can be Impostered, but the move itself can't be used, so I don't know that Metal Burst helps against them.

It might also be worth it to replace Infestation with Magma Storm on one or both of your -ate users. It still kills Shedinja, and also hits and traps things like Mega Aggron and Mega Steelix.

I'm also not sold on Defog on the Aerilate Shedinja. It seems really risky to have your only hazard remover as something that dies to two attacks, not to mention dies to Stealth Rock in the first place. This is a serious problem, because Stealth Rock cripples your team. Two of your Pokemon instantly die to it, and your revenge killers both take 25% damage from it. Thus, I might replace Infestation with Rapid Spin on one of the -ate users, or, alternatively, replace a Pokemon with a defensive Defogger. Something like a Magic Bounce or Flash Fire Registeel or Aegislash would work.

Feel free to take as many of these suggestions as you want.

Hello! This is a solid team, and obviously, you've had a lot of success with it. I have a couple of minor suggestions. First of all, Chansey should have Fake Out. I'm not sure which move to replace, but otherwise you're going to have serious trouble with any Illusion that can deal with Shedinja and/or your various revenge killers. By the way, I'm pretty sure Hyperspace Fury Hoopas can be Impostered, but the move itself can't be used, so I don't know that Metal Burst helps against them.
Hmm.. I never considered this. I guess Aromatherapy has very little use on an Imposter. So, I'll simply replace it with Fake Out.

It might also be worth it to replace Infestation with Magma Storm on one or both of your -ate users. It still kills Shedinja, and also hits and traps things like Mega Aggron and Mega Steelix.
Surprisingly, I used it long back when I had KyuB and Xerneas. While the amount of Flash Fire Steel Types has decreased considerably and I feel tempted to run in again, the accuracy is a big let down. Precipice Blades does a sizeable amount of damage on a lot of Steel Types. And seeing as how Infestation's only aim is to kill Shedinja, I think it's best to let it stay.

I'm also not sold on Defog on the Aerilate Shedinja. It seems really risky to have your only hazard remover as something that dies to two attacks, not to mention dies to Stealth Rock in the first place. This is a serious problem, because Stealth Rock cripples your team. Two of your Pokemon instantly die to it, and your revenge killers both take 25% damage from it. Thus, I might replace Infestation with Rapid Spin on one of the -ate users, or, alternatively, replace a Pokemon with a defensive Defogger. Something like a Magic Bounce or Flash Fire Registeel or Aegislash would work
I tried this on a few matches (KyuB's Infestation replaced with Rapid Spin). But it's very hard to trap Shedinja with just one Infestation user. And if the opponent has two Shedinjas, it becomes a huge problem. It's definitely worth using. I may or may not take this idea.

Overall, wonderful insight. Thank you for your time. If you ever use this team somewhere, please saved and share the replay here. Ciao!

Hello Dina, first time posting, wanted to say you have a great team here. But aerilate shedinja is not very good, i suggest Lum berry and sturdy, especially when you have another one which is immune to powder moves and weather related dammage, that being said i like the idea, but most of the time when a ghost pokemon is up it will have will-o-wisp, giratina one of primary examples, so you are in big danger anyway and if you really like it and it has been good to you maybe replace safety googles with lum berry/sturdy, most of the times people will have toxic or will-o-wisp than a weather move.Everything else is really good A+ team.

But aerilate shedinja is not very good.
Welcome to Smogon, first of all.

Secondly, True. But the reason to use an Ateability Shedinja is to fool the opponent into thinking that it has Sturdy. Honestly, even after all this time, people can't tell these two apart. It's just a great cover.

My ascent in the ladder is proof to this. It may irritate some players that it blasts through their Defenses and Strategies. Then again, already bulky stuff getting Toxic Heal/Regen/Prankster irritates me too. That's simply the point in playing BH.

I think you would only need one Shedinja because Most Shedinja's are simple to beat and not the Ability Simple! I think almost everyone knows the Shedinja Strategy now and know how to get rid of it!

I think you would only need one Shedinja because Most Shedinja's are simple to beat and not the Ability Simple! I think almost everyone knows the Shedinja Strategy now and know how to get rid of it!
Yes and no. Yes, because the Shedinja strategy is predictable. No, because beating the Shedinja strategy also depends upon my plays. Lastly, if you build a team/strategy specifically to counter 2 Shedinjas, you might/will miss out on beating a lot of other stuff in the meta.

Hello again, i have another question, why not refrigirate? Your ice shard will do more dammage incase they leftovers or poison heal after endevour.I also suggest removing volt switch on your second shedinja and adding Safe Guard, because you don't have lumberry it will help an intense ammount.Most of the times when you have 2 offensive moves on your shedinja u won't need volt switch.And it will also protect you from weather dammage and willowisp poison and para, only thing you will have to worry about is stealth rocks and a few other dammage over time move which not many people run. Everything else is A+

Hello again, i have another question, why not refrigirate? Your ice shard will do more dammage incase they leftovers or poison heal after endevour.I also suggest removing volt switch on your second shedinja and adding Safe Guard, because you don't have lumberry it will help an intense ammount.Most of the times when you have 2 offensive moves on your shedinja u won't need volt switch.And it will also protect you from weather dammage and willowisp poison and para, only thing you will have to worry about is stealth rocks and a few other dammage over time move which not many people run. Everything else is A+
It doesn't matter if I have Refrigerate or Aerilate. Also, no, Refrigerate will not increase the BP of Ice Shard. Although I have to say, I have been thinking about using Feint for some time. I might just.

Volt Switch is to maintain crucial momentum by switching out of Whirlpool/Infestation/Curse/Leech Seed into something that can counter/dent whatever that's in. In fact, it's the most important move in a variety of scenarios to ensure that I am able to pull off the strategy.

It doesn't matter if I have Refrigerate or Aerilate. Also, no, Refrigerate will not increase the BP of Ice Shard. Although I have to say, I have been thinking about using Feint for some time. I might just.

Volt Switch is to maintain crucial momentum by switching out of Whirlpool/Infestation/Curse/Leech Seed into something that can counter/dent whatever that's in. In fact, it's the most important move in a variety of scenarios to ensure that I am able to pull off the strategy.

Sorry i think you missunderstood me, you should use espeed and refrigirate instead of ice shard and aerilite, 40 more dmg and +1 more priority, same type as before. But i guess you can get hit by spike shield if that matters too much, which im not sure it does, since most of the time u can bait if the enemy has it or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)