Pokémon GO

If I start walking my Eevee now, will it count towards the task even though I haven't received it yet?

Uh, yeah that's kinda a dumb question lol.

Anyways, as luck would have it, it started raining today so I managed to catch some water Pokemon for the research task.

Last edited:

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
As a look forward to step 3/8 involving hatching 9 eggs, I suggest if you have 1480 coins the Ultra Box is an excellent deal which contains 12 premier raid passes and 12 super incubators along with few other items. It's a good thing I already pre-walked eevee thinking Espeon would get a special move on community day as it already has enough to evolve then I could go ahead and start walking another eevee for the part where it needs to evolve into umbreon.

Actually I just re-read the mission on Reddit again. It says to walk 10km with Eevee to get a candy, does it register the distance walked since I receive the task or does it not matter, in that I just need a candy (so I can potentially walk 9.8km, get the mission, then walk anoter 0.2km)?

As a side note, I'm kinda glad that the first set is the only one that requires raids/battles of the known ones so far.

Expert Evan

From what I read I believe it's walk an additional 10k which I suppose I can evolve the one I already walked into espeon then walk another eevee for 10k, on next level evolve into umbreon then walk another 10k on another eevee. I could be wrong though. I have one egg close to hatching and am purposely going to wait until midnight to catch one more pokemon for the 3 day streak before hatching it along with 7 others 10k eggs already in super incubators along with a 2k egg as well. I should have super incubators for a long long time as I usually save them for 7/10k eggs to get the distance benefit.

Besides the hatch 9 eggs step, I'm glad I don't see the need to battle 10 raids like the last time.

Currently getting frustrated with the Miltank task, I'm managing two in a row but keep breaking the streak. It's also not helped by the camera panning bug at the start of every encounter as it's making me feel a bit sick watching it and throwing me off.

Oh wow... so apparently they just put a Research stack limit and screwed big time. Anyway, guys, better catch your Research reward stack before Aug 27, as it will disappear soon, apparently.

Where is the new Pokemon Box upgrade where we need it....

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
From what I read I believe it's walk an additional 10k which I suppose I can evolve the one I already walked into espeon then walk another eevee for 10k, on next level evolve into umbreon then walk another 10k on another eevee. I could be wrong though. I have one egg close to hatching and am purposely going to wait until midnight to catch one more pokemon for the 3 day streak before hatching it along with 7 others 10k eggs already in super incubators along with a 2k egg as well. I should have super incubators for a long long time as I usually save them for 7/10k eggs to get the distance benefit.

Besides the hatch 9 eggs step, I'm glad I don't see the need to battle 10 raids like the last time.
Save the pre-walked Eevee.

You need to walk 2 Eevee (for a total of 20KMs) for both steps and get Espeon / Umbreon. If your GPS fails, I believe you can use that pre-walked Eevee to supplement the evolution step. So I'd save it in the (unlikely) scenario you drop GPS or something.

Unlike Mew's Special Quest, Celebi's is honestly unnecessary tedium, with streaks, Eevee walking, and things like the egg hatching. Everyone that's the farthest at the moment (Step 6) has to wait til Sunday minimum (w/ exploits) to get past it.

I really have to start reading... I just realised the first task is to participate in a raid battle, I don't necessarily have to win it. Could've been on step 3 hatching eggs by now.

I don't mind the Celebi tasks at all. Catching streaks are easier to do than, say, evolve a Magikarp when you don't have any water nearby in a rural area. I mean, walking all that distance would've taken much longer than it would've to just visit Pokestops 7 days in a row, for example.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Yea, as a Day 1 player, having most of the Mew Quest requirements on hand made it significantly easier (unlike this one, which is stopped by time constraints). The only really tedious one was the Ditto step because that's RNG related and potentially time-consuming.

Expert Evan

I'm up to stage 4 as I was able to evolve an Espeon before earning candies for the next eevee. I learned something intriguing, When I got to stage 4 almost had enough to earn a candy so once the candy was earned it appeared I completed 1/2 of the candies earned for eevee, so for those of you on stage 3 I recommend starting to walk eevee so that when it hatches the buddy is close enough to earning a candy, and then once accepting stage 4 then go ahead and earn that candy as that can save you close to 5k just this once.

I see once I get to stage 6 where it essentially makes you go on a 7 day streak of spinning a pokestop then it will get a little boring so best to stay focused with this game. My recent Raikou was 12 HP/ 15 ATK/ 12 HP making it 86.7% so I may power that one up once I have another need for electrics.

No surprise, but Entei is next.

Trainers, September is heating up with Field Research tasks focusing on Fire-type Pokémon!
Collect enough stamps during September to earn a Research Breakthrough and an opportunity to catch the Legendary Pokémon Entei!

I've noticed my TMs start to stack up a little bit. Sucks I don't have enough viable mons to use them on :(

EDIT: I finally got an EX Raid Pass! On a Monday... during work hours... at the gym that is 1.5 hours away that I've only ever been to three times on weekends. Sigh...

Last edited:
So the Regi drought has been ended with Ho-oh for today only. Kind of bummed as I would have liked to catch it and it's literally impossible, I highly doubt anyone in this small Scottish rural town will be playing Go. I got back into it myself so I could trade my younger brother all of my good Pokemon from when I was playing in Toronto...

(FC removed since I guess a lot of people like Scotland. Thanks for adding me!)

Last edited:
So the Regi drought has been ended with Ho-oh for today only. Kind of bummed as I would have liked to catch it and it's literally impossible, I highly doubt anyone in this small Scottish rural town will be playing Go. I got back into it myself so I could trade my younger brother all of my good Pokemon from when I was playing in Toronto...

On that note, will anyone add me as a friend to do the Celebi quest? (I'll send you neat stuff from Scotland) 8373 6321 4492
Feel free to add me. My friend code is 1799 4985 2840.
Looks like I'll be on that part of the quest soon as well, so I'll remove and re-add three of you.

or just get bombarded with requests.. needed a few more anyway, game being stingy on eggs as well

did 3 Ho-ohs caught 1 of them no shiny.. last time around caught every single one.. and no shiny.. getting sad :( did get an 84% shiny snubull though

largest nest in the area is chinchou.... catch 5 waters and electric at the same time... lol

Expert Evan

Just made it to step 6 having evolved eevee into umbreon, then claimed rewards to move onto the next step and immediately spin pokestop. 1 down 6 to go. Also evolved 2 seadras, will use 25 pinaps on rarer encounters such as larvitars and other quest encounters such as raikou and porygon.

I messed up and threw some eggs in incubators a day too early. Hoping I don't make the same mistake with Eevee.

Also, apologies for not sending gifts, I'm trying to collect them so I can finish part 4 ASAP.

I messed up and threw some eggs in incubators a day too early. Hoping I don't make the same mistake with Eevee.

Also, apologies for not sending gifts, I'm trying to collect them so I can finish part 4 ASAP.
Haha it's all good. Thanks for accepting me =)

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Ok so here's the full Celebi infographic for anyone who needs to save it on their phones or something:

And here's my Celebi:

71% Mew and now a 73% Celebi. At least this one is completely meta-irrelevant.

Expert Evan

Good thing my nearby park is a spoink nest, will use it once I get to day 7 of these pokestops. While some pokemon are easier than others to get an excellent curveball throw, I avoid certain pokemon I almost deem impossible to achieve with, namely the likes of castform, fearow to name a few.

I thought the Ho-oh event ended yesterday. I had time for two raids today, and on the first one... sun boosted shiny! This game is very rewarding sometimes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)