Pokémon GO

So I missed the news, evidently Lugia is the onyl T5 for the rest of the weekend, plus Alolan geodude/Diglett added alongside Shiny Plusle/Minun.

Add me too! 7508 5852 6902 Plenty of gifts and will eventually be able to trade with best friends in the New York City area (I don’t have much stardust atm).

Caught 3/5 Zapdos today which isn't bad, but two of them were sub-80%. Couldn't catch the only Registeel I ran into though :(

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What's the best moveset for body slam Snorlax ? Zen Headbutt ?
Zen Headbutt is better on defence (Gym defence)
Lick is better on offence

Snorlax's main use is Gym defence, so you're better off with Zen Headbutt. There sadly isn't a use for Normal-type offence.
I’ll take Scizor over Metagross, Flash Cannon is trash, but Iron Head is ok
Iron Head is better but not by much over Flash Cannon. Metagross is still better than Scizor by virtual of its gargantuan stats.

Steel-types might be more useful now that Kirlia is a Raid Boss. Alas it's a fairly easy one.

Oh, so long since I come here.

Metagross? Well... as of now, there's no good Steel attacker at all, not that Steel itself is a good offensive type either right now, with no very relevant Fairies to beat with and other types easily beating Rocks or Ice better.
Scizor is... I'm not sure of its Steel performance, but Bug performance was not that great, apparently. Still dies quickly to M2 even with resistance. I doubt it'll see much more use compared to Metagross with such stat differences.

Still, there are high speculations of Belldum CD someday. Who knows, if they'll get their fabled Comet Punch Meteor Mash at that time? Although their use is still somewhat limited until Kyurem comes or Togekiss soon becomes way so much of pain in gyms, I think.
... I'd rather that they just add it in Metagross' normal movepool instead of pulling another Larvi-CD, though.

Also, reminder that Registeel has lower CP than freaking Exploud?. Stamped that dex entry and that's it, I'll hunt Raichuu instead.
Honestly, I thought Suikun was the only one horribly shafted and no one will be as bad, apparently no one comes close to this guy.

Is Alolan Raichu of any note? At that point I'd hunt Exeggutor for some grass in case of Groudon recurrence and candy for my normal ones.

Also, scored a perfect Snorlax off Research and a 98% shiny absol who needs candy, and I swear Zapdos raids yesterday dropped a dozen Charge TM's, did the promotional stuff influence raid rewards beyond the rare candy guarantee?

1. No its pathetic, and when Groudon returns I suggest you throw any Kyogre/Gyarados first before A-Gutor
2. Damn,congrats, weve had a 98% Feebas when passing by but my avatar ran around him and missed him (well, I have her anyways from.an egg)
3. Only Golden Razzies and Rare Candies were guaranteed

Another weird thing we had is that a lot if friends reported 100IV Zapdos

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I did catch a 97.8% registeel the other day and don't intend to power it up anytime soon as I already have a great metagross which I almost never use in gym raids/battles at this time. I did manage to get both Alolan Raichu & Alolan Marowak from raids which looks cool to place in gyms at least, am looking forward to getting to Ultra Friend status on some so we can trade without the huge stardust costs that fears me though I'm not thrilled with the IV re-rolls which between an alt account seems to go drastically down in many trades where I trade mostly old gym defenders which I almost never use anymore and a great way to reduce the amount of clutter I have in my storage as well.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
So, Lucky Pokemon have been released - if you've opened your game you'd have seen this notification by now as they've been live for a little over 12 hours if I'm not mistaken. I've compiled a list of known information so far:

1) Lucky Pokémon have a halved Stardust cost to power up, making them reach higher levels at a lower investment. They are easy to identify due to their unique background, green text that says "Lucky Pokémon", and the aforementioned Stardust cost.
2) Lucky Pokémon have an IV Floor of 10/10/10, regardless of your friendship status. This means that if you manage to obtain a Lucky Pokémon, the Pokémon's IVs will be at minimum 10/10/10 and go up to 15/15/15, similar to Eggs, Raid Bosses, and Field Research Pokémon.
3) The older the Pokémon is, the higher the chance of it turning into a Lucky Pokémon. It is not known yet what these percentages are.
4) From what I can tell, if a player receives a Lucky Pokémon, the other player on the receiving end will also guaranteed receive one.
5) There seems to be a cap for Lucky Pokémon, at 10 per day. The specifics are not particularly known other than there seems to be no limit as to what turns Lucky, from Pidgey to Mewtwo.
6) Lucky Pokémon count is tracked in the PokeDex.

Additionally, Gifts now give Stardust and players can receive EXP for sending Gifts.

In my local community people were trading high CP but not quite great IV Pokémon that they each had in their Pokédex for each other (think Salamance for Dragonite). As to one of the points above, every time one Pokémon became lucky, the other did as well. I received 100 dust as a common gift, which is helpful over time. My local scene is really active so I’ll report more strategies if they come up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)