Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this has already been said, but Kyurem did NOT come from the dragon that Zekrom and Reshiram came from. Kyurem is a mysterious pokemon, which, if you're willing to make some assumptions, crash landed in Unova on the north-eastern side near Lacunosa town. Kyurem then proceeded to eat the residents on Lacunosa town until they became afraid to leave their houses at night.

Kyurem is only currently connected to Zekrom and Reshiram as of B/W1 in that it is a Unova legendary Dragon type with an elemental STAB typing.

Given that Kyurem has been eating people, it's possible that he tried to eat Zekrom / Reshiram and ended up like... That.
It's pretty much accepted that Kyurem is the leftovers from the split between Reshi and Zekrom. Based on appearance, typing, the concepts the trio represents, the unlearned signature moves of kyurem, it's pretty much decided that it's the remenants of the original dragon.
Add to this that there were *three* ancient societies, who were apparently at was (Abysall Ruins/ Dragonspiral Tower/ Desert Resort) you start gaining more evidence that it completes the trio.
Oh, and also Kyurem shares it's battle transition with the rest of the Tao trio, which only they have.
Ingame doesn't directly state Kyurem is part of the original dragon, but there's enough evidence there for us to say with confidence it's part of it.

I don't know if this has already been said, but Kyurem did NOT come from the dragon that Zekrom and Reshiram came from. Kyurem is a mysterious pokemon, which, if you're willing to make some assumptions, crash landed in Unova on the north-eastern side near Lacunosa town. Kyurem then proceeded to eat the residents on Lacunosa town until they became afraid to leave their houses at night.
Actually, Kyurem is based off of wuiji (the absence of yin and yang). Since Reshiram (yang) and Zekrom (yin) are from one dragon, it is likely that Kyurem is the result of their split.

Guys, the blue and red gems DO NOT reference R/S remakes. The "gems" are ice which are colored by Zekrom's blue electricity and Reshiram's fire.

Guys, the blue and red gems DO NOT reference R/S remakes. The "gems" are ice which are colored by Zekrom's blue electricity and Reshiram's fire.
There are other signs that point to Hoenn, not just the box cover.

WILD SPEULATION:

Since this is the first actual sequel we've had to any main game, it may give them a chance to clean up some mechanics, such as type-effectiveness.

Wishful thinking though.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
WILD SPEULATION:

Since this is the first actual sequel we've had to any main game, it may give them a chance to clean up some mechanics, such as type-effectiveness.

Wishful thinking though.
They've had 13 years to change that shit, and they didn't. Do not expect any better.

MAKE ICE RESIST DRAGON FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

Much as I'd like to argue further that Kyurem is an ebil space meanie, it's pretty inconsequential considering that the games will be coming out and explaining everything.

To be honest though, I almost shit my pants when I read that Kyurem was going around eating villagers. I was afraid that he'd leap out at me and gobble up my precious Haxorus!

It's pretty much accepted that Kyurem is the leftovers from the split between Reshi and Zekrom. Based on appearance, typing, the concepts the trio represents, the unlearned signature moves of kyurem, it's pretty much decided that it's the remenants of the original dragon.
Add to this that there were *three* ancient societies, who were apparently at was (Abysall Ruins/ Dragonspiral Tower/ Desert Resort) you start gaining more evidence that it completes the trio.
Oh, and also Kyurem shares it's battle transition with the rest of the Tao trio, which only they have.
Ingame doesn't directly state Kyurem is part of the original dragon, but there's enough evidence there for us to say with confidence it's part of it.
Abyssal Ruins, Dragonspiral Tower and Desert Resort could all have been built by one civilisation. Just saying.

WILD SPEULATION:

Wishful thinking though.
-facedesk-
Dear god, do I need a flag for this?
NO MAJOR GAME MECHANICS WILL BE CHANGED MID-GEN.

It never has, it never will, and there is NO. SENSE. IN. DOING. SO. What? Do we have to ask "Hey, what version are you playing? I want to know if your Heatran can deal SE damage to my Volcarona with Earth Power" or some stupid shit like that? NO.

@acecombat That's a glitch, and is completely different. Also, you know, "major"

-facedesk-
Dear god, do I need a flag for this?
NO GAME MECHANICS WILL BE CHANGED MID-GEN.

It never has, it never will, and there is NO. SENSE. IN. DOING. SO. What? Do we have to ask "Hey, what version are you playing? I want to know if your Heatran can deal SE damage to my Volcarona with Earth Power" or some stupid shit like that? NO.

While i agree that nothing drastic will happen, i would like to point out that Hypnosis Accuracy did change mid-gen.
SO PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ARCEUS REVERT SLEEP AND EXPLOSION.

They probably will fix gravity+Sky Drops Mechanics though, but that is probably the only change in mechanics that they will have.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
That's because that was a glitch. If they went so far as to ban Sky Drop from the GBU then it's obvious that they'll try to fix it.

With the addition of Meloetta, we're one step closer to making an official Pokemon band. That makes me happy.

The chance of being able to play with the new fusions is slim. Most likely you will defeat it in the story and catch regular Kyrurem with N getting his legendary back. I know that is disappointing, but I'd put money on it.

They've had 13 years to change that shit, and they didn't. Do not expect any better.

MAKE ICE RESIST DRAGON FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
dragons used to be considered to breathe fire, it should dragon is super effective on ice.

but that would just be too cheap now that I think about it.

one thing I want to see is when the main antagonist gets defeated they don't just disappear to nowhere (N,maxie/archie, cyrus,ghetis,etc.) Also gym leader rebattles.

Am I the only one hoping they pull a Gold and Silver on us and let us travel to Hoenn post-game? Then they can "finish" 5th gen and release R/S/E remakes on the 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)