Dragonite @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Tailwind
- Superpower
- Ice Punch

I use Dragonite to set up my team with Tailwind when I know that I'm battling fast Pokemon or other Tailwind users. Also, I like to waste my opponent's Fake Out with him because of his ability (since they assume that they're breaking Multiscale). I had a hard time choosing between Ice Punch and Thunder Punch for Dragonite, but then I chose Ice Punch for one reason only: Landorus-T. With Intimidate, it is a serious threat to my team, so a x4 attack comes in handy.

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Protect

Tyranitar is good for changing the weather when I fight weather teams. Its bulk and power as Mega Tyranitar are awesome! :D Tyranitar is one of my most valuable Pokemon because it can survive many hits and deal back powerful blows. Rock Slide is a good move against both opponents, and when I want to concentrate the damage on just one of them, I use Stone Edge. It's the only Pokemon in my team that knows Protect. Usually when I have a Tyranitar + Garchomp combo (because of Sand Stream and Sand Veil), I choose Earthquake for Garchomp and then use Protect with Tyranitar.

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Aerial Ace
- Brick Break
- Crunch

Salamence with a Choice Scarf lets it outspeed fast Pokemon like Greninja. This can surprise most opponents, and it can help get rid of threats early (for example, Salamence could attack a Smeargle with Brick Break before Greninja uses Mat Block). And when it defeats an opponent, Salamence becomes a juggernaut with Moxie. That can also help in battles with Intimidate teams because it can cancel out the negative effect. Finally, its moveset is the most diverse out of all my Pokemon, so it has an advantage over more types of Pokemon.

Metagross @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm

Metagross is good for fighting Fairy types, and its ability helps me when I battle teams that rely on Intimidate. It's slower than my other Pokemon, so when I see Trick Room teams, I rely heavily on Metagross. In addition, it has good bulk, so it can survive a lot of super-effective attacks. That's when its Weakness Policy comes in handy! And Bullet Punch is good for finishing off foes quickly.

Garchomp @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Aqua Tail

Garchomp is my strongest Pokemon thanks to its Choice Band, and its speed isn't that bad, so I can use it to devastate most other Pokemon. Despite the type disadvantage, it's a good choice against Fairy types. Posion Jab + Choice Band is really good. Aqua Tail seems like an odd choice for a Garchomp, but I chose it because no other Pokemon on my team knows a Water-type move. When there are Fire/Flying types, such as Charizard and Talonflame, Earthquake can't reach them. So I go with Aqua Tail.

Hydreigon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Heat Wave
- Charge Beam

And finally, there's Hydreigon. Since it's my only special attacker, Hydreigon is good for battling Intimidate teams. Since it's not that fast, it's easy for my opponent to get in an attack that would KO Hydreigon before it attacks, so it has a Focus Sash. Especially with the presence of Fairies, which are x4 against Hydreigon, that item is really helpful.​

One of the benefits of Dragons is their diverse movepools. I try to have a variety of move types on each Pokemon so that they can have an advantage against most other Pokemon. The reason I'm here is because I feel like my team has much more potential than this. Are there other items/moves that I should consider using instead of what I have posted?
I'm specifically looking at Charge Beam on Hydreigon. I had a tough time choosing between it, Earth Power, and Flash Cannon. I only went with it because no other Pokemon of mine knew an Electric-type move. Was this a good choice?

Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:
Don't worry, I'll help you! Says the one who has never played battle spot. Well, even with my lack of understanding of battle spot mechanics, I do understand that having three 4x weaknesses to ice and a regular ice weakness is crippling, to say the least, and your metagross is the only ice resist. He is also the only fairy resist while every other team member is weak to fairy, so when that is knocked out fairies will stomp all over your team. You also have two flying types and no hazard removal, also outrage is no longer useful because of fairies. Replacing both instances of outrage with dragon claw would be good, also adding another steel type (maybe banded or LO scizor to replace dragonite?, or even specs/fire gem/scarf heatran because currently hydreigon is your only special attacker). Forgive me if I misunderstand the rules, but in battle spot you select 4 pokemon to fight? Because if so, right now, your opponent would know that you include both metagross and hydreigon on your team and plan accordingly, while you would have no such insights on their team.
Tl;dr: metagross is your only ice and fairy resistance with large proportions of your team weak to both of those, while hydreigon is your only special attacker, a heatran would fix this (it is a special attacker quad resisting both fairy and ice) and even though half your team would be weak to ground, you also have three ground immunities (depending on who you would replace.)
Edit: no, I don't think hydreigon gets a better electric type move, but I'm pretty sure metagross gets thunderpunch.

Don't worry, I'll help you! Says the one who has never played battle spot. Well, even with my lack of understanding of battle spot mechanics, I do understand that having three 4x weaknesses to ice and a regular ice weakness is crippling, to say the least, and your metagross is the only ice resist. He is also the only fairy resist while every other team member is weak to fairy, so when that is knocked out fairies will stomp all over your team. You also have two flying types and no hazard removal, also outrage is no longer useful because of fairies. Replacing both instances of outrage with dragon claw would be good, also adding another steel type (maybe banded or LO scizor to replace dragonite?, or even specs/fire gem/scarf heatran because currently hydreigon is your only special attacker). Forgive me if I misunderstand the rules, but in battle spot you select 4 pokemon to fight? Because if so, right now, your opponent would know that you include both metagross and hydreigon on your team and plan accordingly, while you would have no such insights on their team.
Tl;dr: metagross is your only ice and fairy resistance with large proportions of your team weak to both of those, while hydreigon is your only special attacker, a heatran would fix this (it is a special attacker quad resisting both fairy and ice) and even though half your team would be weak to ground, you also have three ground immunities (depending on who you would replace.)
Edit: no, I don't think hydreigon gets a better electric type move, but I'm pretty sure metagross gets thunderpunch.
Thanks for the help! I've decided to make a new team, and I will be using some of the things you suggested!
I'm hoping that Mega Metagross will help turn this team around, but until then, I'll experiment with new things.
Once again, thank you very much! :)

I'll help too! Battle Spot Doubles is almost the entirety of what I play. I don't know if it's too late to give my advice, but I'll give it anyway and hope you can use it to better your team.I think you have a pretty good team here; they're pseudo legendaries for a reason. However, what Mr. Ganon said about the typings is right, you have a lot of weaknesses stacked against you. (But if you're trying to be all pseudo legendaries and don't want to change your Pokémon, I respect that.) Also, with Intimidate and Will-O-Wisp being everywhere in this meta, having only one special attacker might not be a good idea. (If you're trying to stay all pseudos, may I perhaps suggest the Ultimate Lifeform Goodra? Just a thought. It has good tankiness and Gooey for speed control, as a few of your Pokémon are fairly slow.)
The only other thing I'd think would be a real issue is Poison Jab on Garchomp. I personally prefer Iron Head, as it's the same power, has a small flinch chance (which to my understanding is much better in this meta than a chance of poisoning, as flinches can make or break a game), and does what you have Poison Jab for: hitting Fairies super effectively. And I feel like on a Choice Band set, it's also a better move if you're locked into it, so Steel-types don't completely ruin your day.
And not to disrespect Mr. Ganon, but in a 4v4 Double Battle, there aren't a lot of switches, so the Stealth Rocks weaknesses aren't much of an issue. I don't think I've ever actually seen anyone lay hazards in Battle Spot. And being a Flying-type means you're immune to Earthquake, which is everywhere, so I'd say it's a good thing overall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)