Pikachu (QC 1/3)

Is this a Good First Post?

• Yah

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
I know Pikachu sucks but if you manage to get past it's terrible bulk you can hit REALLY HARD (With a Light Ball).
Pikachu @ Light Ball
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]/[Grass]
- Encore/Signal Beam

This set hits pretty hard. Max 252 Speed EVs and a timid nature allow Pikachu to be as fast as possible because if it doesn't outspeed it's pretty much already dead.Max SpA EVs allows it to have maximum power. FUN FACT:Did you know Pikachu actually has a chance to take a non-choiced Talonflame brave bird.Well it does.

252+ Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pikachu: 189-223 (89.5 - 105.6%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
(189, 192, 194, 196, 198, 201, 203, 205, 207, 210, 212, 214, 216, 219, 221, 223)
So yeah, but Flare Blitz does kill, so if for some reason you want to use it in OU, then it's an okay last resort I guess. Volt Switch is for you to get some damage off and to get out of there for when you can't get an OKHO. Thunderbolt is a spamable STAB move. The third slot depends on your preference. Do you want grass coverage or ice coverage? The last slot also depends on your preference. Encore can lock your opponent into an electric type move. The idea is too switch into an electric move and then encore. However it is very risky consider how frail Pikachu is. But it does put you at +2. If you don't want any risk choose choose Signal Beam. It provides addtional coverage. This set Loves Sticky Webs so keep that in mind when choose teammates.

Good Teammates (In NU)
Anything that sets up sticky web. Pelipper is a great Defensive or Offensive teammate for Pikachu depending on your team. Crustle can set up Spikes and Stealth Rock. Lilligant is good at ripping apart the ground types pikachu has trouble with.

Other Option:
Physical Set
Extreme Speed
Pikachu-Belle
Knock Off
Volt Tackle
Focus Blast
Grass Knot

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi, welcome to Smogon!

Unfortunately, Pikachu is not available to write an analysis for yet, as here in NU we are still focusing on the Pokemon that are the most relevant to the metagame.

If would like to contribute, you need to reserve a Pokemon by posting in one of the reservation index threads. However, the reservation index is currently locked for NU as we are deciding what Pokemon need revamps with the changes from ORAS - keep an eye out for when it updates.

I'd like to point out that you mentioned talonflame in what you wrote, as it seems you are unfamiliar with the tiers. I suggest finding a mentor in the smogon starters hangout subforums to get acquainted with what goes on here.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/smogon-starters-hangout.264/

Don't worry, pikachu will get an analysis eventually, just not for the time being.

Hope I helped.

Last edited:
Hi JirachiFTW3, boltsandbombers covered most of what I wanted to say. Definitely check out smogon starters, or message me privately if you want to get more involoved with smogon, I can help point you in the right direction.

This doesn't fit the format nor is it of the quality we're looking for unfortunately, so I'm going to lock this. Pikachu might get an analysis in the future if its deemed viable in NU.

Best of luck with Smogon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)