Path of Solitude Research/Experiences

With the new Daybreak update we have access to a new form of battles: Path of Solitude. These can be accessed by speaking to Ingo at the Training Grounds.

Conceptually, these are similar to the Master Trainer battles from Let's Go - you have to fight a specific enemy with a single one of your own Pokémon, and the enemy is determined by which Pokémon you use. Unlike the Master Trainer battles, though, these aren't mirror matches, and in fact the enemy can be a clear counter to yours, requiring some levels, grit levels, or tutored moves to be able to take it down.

I'm hoping for this thread to serve as something of a research place for coming up with the best strategies for taking on the matches. As it is, while simply leveling up your Pokemon, sticking some tutored and mastered moves on it, and increasing its grit level might be sufficient, the issue is that most players are going to have limited resources and probably can't complete this kind of grind for multiple Pokémon easily. I'm hoping to, with the efforts of Smogon and other communities, get some strategies that can occur at lower levels or with less effort put into a single Pokémon written down.

I created a spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...oE0fz6_gJ0bP0h0DrcCffIubh84/edit?usp=drivesdk with the hopes of documenting information here. Feel free to post in the thread or add to the spreadsheet with your experiences so far!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)