Pokémon Passimian

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried out some Doubles with Passimian for fun, and though I can't really ever recommend it, I did have some laughs with giving Passimian Contrary through Shuckle using Final Gambit to off itself fast (highly unrecommended) and then using Close Combat to constantly buff Passimian's defenses. Though in a serious Doubles environment, with no recovery move, he won't last long even with bulk. He does seem like a really fun Doubles mon for lower tiers though. And using Instruct with Contrary Close Combat is just... fun. Now how many times did I say fun...

Something that I found interesting is that it gets Z-bestow, which gives it +2 speed. Could a set possibly be made for this? Something like CC/Rock Slide/Iron head/Bestow with normalium Z

Something that I found interesting is that it gets Z-bestow, which gives it +2 speed. Could a set possibly be made for this? Something like CC/Rock Slide/Iron head/Bestow with normalium Z
Problem with that is Passimian won't likely survive setting it up unless you get really lucky with switches. Outside of OU and UU it might be usable, otherwise it's beaten by other Fighting types that already have the speed.

Huh, Bestow is kind of cool, but I doubt it gives him any key kills. Maybe late in the game when opponent's team is injured. Seems a bit of a shame to use a Zmove that way, though, but honestly most of the time I end up not using it anyway, unless I just want a nuke on an expected switch. Maybe I'll try it out.

This is what I'm running, and it works pretty well with both singles and doubles. (It pairs up quite well with my Oranguru)

Passimian @ Muscle Band
Ability: Receiver (The ability really doesn't matter that much for this set, but Receiver just because if you're running a Mega Kangaskhan with it, you'll get Parental Bond. Or other useful abilities.)
EVs: 372 Attack/ 216 Defense/104 Sp. Atk./ 157 Sp. Def/ 259 Speed
Adamant Nature

- Close Combat
- U-Turn
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Feel free to check out any problems, bare in mind that this set is meant to be a fast sweeper with decent coverage.

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
This is what I'm running, and it works pretty well with both singles and doubles. (It pairs up quite well with my Oranguru)

Passimian @ Muscle Band
Ability: Receiver (The ability really doesn't matter that much for this set, but Receiver just because if you're running a Mega Kangaskhan with it, you'll get Parental Bond. Or other useful abilities.)
EVs: 372 Attack/ 216 Defense/104 Sp. Atk./ 157 Sp. Def/ 259 Speed
Adamant Nature

- Close Combat
- U-Turn
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Feel free to check out any problems, bare in mind that this set is meant to be a fast sweeper with decent coverage.
I know I'm not good at compeditive play (or more sepifically, doubles from the description), but I would say 2 things,
1. Muscle Band is bad. I would assume Expert Belt or Life Orb because they have a bigger boost but with some drawbacks (Belt giving power to super effective hits, Life orb taking away your HP). Heck, Choice scarf is just way better
2. Show your EVs as the actual EVs, not your stats, it makes it look confusing. From what I see, it should be this: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe.
Don't forget to put in Protect in place of something like U-turn, and it'll be good. Anyway, Welcome to Smogon! (or not because you may never come back like a lot of people just to fill up viable names.

Interesting abilities that may help Passimian in Doubles with Receiver: Sheer Force, Contrary, Magic Bounce, Sturdy, Mold Breaker (or any variant), Parental Bond, Shadow Tag, Infiltrator, Adaptability...

Add more if you can think of any.

Last edited:
I know I'm not good at compeditive play (or more sepifically, doubles from the description), but I would say 2 things,
1. Muscle Band is bad. I would assume Expert Belt or Life Orb because they have a bigger boost but with some drawbacks (Belt giving power to super effective hits, Life orb taking away your HP). Heck, Choice scarf is just way better
2. Show your EVs as the actual EVs, not your stats, it makes it look confusing. From what I see, it should be this: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe.
Don't forget to put in Protect in place of something like U-turn, and it'll be good. Anyway, Welcome to Smogon! (or not because you may never come back like a lot of people just to fill up viable names.
Well, thanks for giving me your opinion! I might actually replace the Muscle Band to Expert Belt (I put Muscle Band because it upgrades physical moves, which are kinda Passimian's thing.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)