Pangoro [QC 2/3]

This is my opinion, but this isn't the best set (again, my opinion). Pangoro has 58 Base speed, not exactly prime for a choice scarf user. The best bet for using him is a CroCune like set with bulk up in my eyes.

Pangoro @ Leftovers
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Circle Throw
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Bulk Up

he may not have the BEST bulk, but it is usable if you pick your moment to set up. He gets Scrappy, so he can hit the ghost types and phaze them out, forcing more hazard damage. Of course, this set works best with hazards, and if you get to +2 or +3, he'll be doing a ton of damage as well. I've never written n official analysis, so sorry if this is the shittiest one you've ever read. I wouldn't even call this an analysis. Just a secondary set. Just throwing some ideas around, I guess. This isn't my thread anyway so meh <3

This is my opinion, but this isn't the best set (again, my opinion). Pangoro has 58 Base speed, not exactly prime for a choice scarf user. The best bet for using him is a CroCune like set with bulk up in my eyes.

Pangoro @ Leftovers
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Circle Throw
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Bulk Up

he may not have the BEST bulk, but it is usable if you pick your moment to set up. He gets Scrappy, so he can hit the ghost types and phaze them out, forcing more hazard damage. Of course, this set works best with hazards, and if you get to +2 or +3, he'll be doing a ton of damage as well. I've never written n official analysis, so sorry if this is the shittiest one you've ever read. I wouldn't even call this an analysis. Just a secondary set. Just throwing some ideas around, I guess. This isn't my thread anyway so meh <3
We've all seen worse. Set is sort of interesting might try it out.

You might want to fix here Sky Uppercut is a more powerful STAB attack when coupled with Iron Fist but the imperfect accuracy along with the inability to hit Ghost-types may be unappealing. Crunch disposes the Psychic-types (and Ghost-types if using Iron Fist) that resist or are immune to the Fighting-type attacks and change Iron Fist to Scrappy.

Question: you know how Storm Throw is unaffected by things like Intimidate & Reflect? What if Pangoro gets burned? Would Storm Throw's damage be halved?

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Put Stone Edge before Poison Jab on the Scarf set, as Poison Jab still does a bad amount of damage to Fairy-types (most of them can survive and hit OHKO back anyways), and the ability to revenge kill threats like Charizard Y at short notice is extremely valuable at the moment.

Also make sure to mention Mandibuzz in checks and counters, since there's not really a thing Pangoro can do to it either.

Put Stone Edge before Poison Jab on the Scarf set, as Poison Jab still does a bad amount of damage to Fairy-types (most of them can survive and hit OHKO back anyways), and the ability to revenge kill threats like Charizard Y at short notice is extremely valuable at the moment.

Also make sure to mention Mandibuzz in checks and counters, since there's not really a thing Pangoro can do to it either.
Okay, I'll put that, however what does Mandibuzz honestly do in return? Think standard is Whirlwind / Defog / Roost / Foul Play and Pangoro 4x resists Foul Play while wasting Roost PP.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm sorry but the fact that this still has 2 QC checks at the moment is a joke. Pangoro does not deserve an OU analysis just because it's one of two Pokemon in the game that has access to Parting Shot. I mean look at it. For one, it doesn't even have the great Fighting-type STAB to work with, and the rest of its movepool in general is pretty awful. Although Choice Scarf somewhat remedies its atrocious Speed stat, anything with a boost will always outspeed it, making Pangoro a shitty revenge killer and gives it a less of a niche on offensive teams. Seriously what is up with this statement:

Pangoro is really good on offensive teams because of Parting Shot.
Since when? Who in the right mind would ever consider using Pangoro on a serious OU team? Do you ever see this thing used in higher level or even average level play? No of course not. I hate to use this as an example, but it's not even ranked on the OU viability ranking thread, which should tell you something about its viability right there. All it does is come in, Parting Shot, and then gtfo before it gets smashed. It sometimes creates set up opportunities for its teammates, but there's no way in hell somebody is going to use Pangoro just because it SOMETIMES creates set up opportunities. That alone is no where near enough of a reason to use Pangoro in OU. It can't revenge kill many things, it has a pretty limited offensive movepool, and it faces competition from pretty much everything that's good on an offensive team. There's no room for it at all, and even if you do somehow find room for it, there's still much better options out there. For example Bisharp is a better Dark-type that can create setup opportunities of its own by threatening Defog users, or Pursuit trapping for teammates, while Keldeo is not only a tad bit slower than Scarf Pangoro, but it's also an incredible wallbreaker.

Oh also, if Bisharp is present, Pangoro can't reliably spam Parting Shot or else Bisharp can come in a getting a huge boost from it. Yes Pangoro can try to predict the switch and go for a Fighting-type move, but at the same time, it limits its overall effectiveness at doing the only thing it can do, which is spam Parting Shot.

My point is, Pangoro is garbage, and I'd really like to know why QC is continuing to let this thing have an analysis. Parting Shot is not enough to make this thing viable.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)