OU. The Mega Houndoom That Could

Mega houndoom isn't a bad mega pokemon imo.
viable enough, so i made a team around it! Enjoy!

Houndoom (M) @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Taunt

Here's the MVP. Doesn't do as much as the rest of the team but,
i promise it will do something.
This set will troll and nautralise pokemon who try to set up.
with its dual STAB, this thing is no joke. walled by things like keldeo and azumarill, it seems kinda garbage. But with the team support it won't be a problem. Houndoom can wall bisharp without low kick tho.
can revenge kill mega mawile and can switch in into knock offs.
Destiny bond will get anyone off guard if used correctly. and can taunt to guarantee the opponent will attack. Both a threat and badass, what else can you ask for?

Aegislash (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 244 HP / 244 SAtk / 20 Spd
Modest Nature
- King's Shield
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic

Good ol' aegislash to cover up lati twins in case houndoom doesn't mega evolve. Aegislash here will weaken the opponent's team, so houndoom can then come in and do something. This is the classical set i used on my last RMT, Which i encourage you to check it out if you haven't. (Mega Aerodactyl)
A weird set but it will do a hell of a let of work if used correctly.
It can sub, deal a chunk of damage with shadow ball or even stall out the pokemon with king's shield+sub+toxic. This set will completely wall things it normally wouldn't. Ex- Chansey, Ferrothorn, Chestnaught.
The speed evs are complicated to explain. but it will work out for you if you ladder enough with it.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SDef
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Our friend Nattorei didn't die yet. It came back to 6th gen walling things like
Latias, Azumarill, Greninjas (with HP grass tho), rotom-w. Acts as great sponge for dragon types. Walling plenty of pokemon, it can set up stealth rocks easily. And can recover up a bit with leech seed.
I picked Ferrothorn because as i said, Azumarill is a complete wall to mega houndoom. And it can also weaken dragon types so houndoom can come in and do some work. EVs make it Physically defensive. Ferrothorn has a lot of EV options tho, so you can add your preferences into it.

Latias @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Psycho Shift
- Defog
- Dragon Pulse

This is a cool set which i saw from 5th gen, minus the defog ofc.
Our latias still didn't die too. With defog, it has more utility too!
I picked this set because, Keldeo, thundurus and rotom-w along with out pokemons wall mega houndoom. So i needed something to counter it.
Latias was really good. but due to scald burns and will-o wisps and thunder waves... will latias hang on? This set will alow it to recover HP back with roost from residual damage and more. Psycho shift will pass any status latias has into the opponent. this means no more residual damage. (will also pass STD) Latias acts as deffoger too, good news for Houndoom. Dragon pulse just just so it can do a little damage. Since it can still outspeed other dragons.

Azumarill (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough

The Azumarill is here! I chose a BD set this time. Azu is great for this team.
Provides priority and it can sweep. *Assault Vest is also an option to pair up with ferrothorn! if latias dies due to pursuit users, azu can take hits from keldeo, not for so long tho. Fun fact: Scald burns.
You don't even need to set up a BD to do work. Play rough is very useful since most poorly made teams are weak to fairy. EVs are just to outspeed certain stuff. People like to run jolly too but i feel like adamant for power is needed. you can adjust the HP/speed EVs if you'd like to.

Dragonite (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Extreme Speed

And last but not least, we have powerful dragonite.
Dragonite, like azumarill, will provide synergy and priority.
This time priority will hit hard. Latias with weak dragon pulse isn't enough for me. so i put dragonite to just outrage the shit out of the opponent.
Classic Choice band set. Priority and STAB and EQ with fire punch, etc.
everything is useful in this set. EQ for things that resist dragon, ES for priority, Outrage just for the lulz and fire punch for scizors and ferrothorns.
you know how it goes. Things like greninja will be a problem, so ES will be really helpful. You do have the Ferrothorn+Azumarill core.
*If greninja has HP grass, it is walled by ferrothorn, if it has HP fire, it is walled by azumarill.

------

And that is the team, guys. Thanks for checking it out. Hope you enjoyed.
And hope you'd use it. lol.
Not a bad team at all! A lot of fun. Good luck with it.

*All the pokemon are shiny to intimidate the opponent.
I'm just joking tho, frens. :]

Aegislash (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 244 HP / 244 SAtk / 20 Spd
Modest Nature
- King's Shield
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SDef
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Houndoom (M) @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Taunt

Latias @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Psycho Shift
- Defog
- Dragon Pulse

Dragonite (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Extreme Speed

Azumarill (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
If there's any problem, with the team or the RMT itself, let me know! Hit the like, fav, retweet, subscribe. All the good stuff! Oh wait...

Last edited:
Should explain the speed EVs on Slash and Azu a bit more precisely. Otherwise, nice team. Only problem I really see is opposing Conk getting a guaranteed kill or 2 if Azu goes down. Unless no ass vest.

When using this SubAegis moveset, it allowed Aegislash to stall opponents with Toxic and in another way helped abuse King's Shield to it's best. For it's ev spread, it was given 244 hp to gain maximum leftovers recovery and 244 EVs in SpAtk to gain a fair damage output from Shadow ball. The remaining 20 evs is added to speed because it helped outspeed most Aegislash, Clefable, and an uninvested Tyranitar. Azumarill on the other hand is used to hit hard on pokemon instead of running jolly as it seems a waste since Rotom-W usually run 44 spd to outspeed Jolly Azumarill. Finny makes a excellent point if your opponent takes out Azumarill and pokemons that are considered good checks against AVConk will be BandedD-nite and MegaDoom.

Last edited:

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
1. Make your font smaller holy shitballs

2. For BD azu i recommend superpower over waterfall, there is almost nothing that can take an aqua jet, be killed by waterfall, and not be killed by superpower or play rough.

3. A set that might be more useful to houndoom is a NP set that allows it to abuse its speed

4. You have no switch into landorus-I, LATIAS IS NOT A RELIABLE COUNTER.

5. If azu is down and charX gets to +1 its gg. Mega pinsir trounces on a lot your team as well, and is a near guarenteed win condition against your team.

6. On latias, run psyshock somewhere for mega venu. I would recommend over roost as psycho shift will be a one time use thing

I pointed out mainly flaws, but this is by no means a bad team. Widdle out small issues and you are there.
Mega houndoom is a badass motherfucker

Hi :)
I suggest you replace Destiny Bond with Nasty Plot on Houndoom. With Taunt you can shut down those walls and easily get a Nasty Plot up, then wreck the entire team with NASTY PLOT BOOSTED FIRE BLASTS (gonna hurt).
Cool to see SubToxic Aegi, it's a great set
Ferrothorn is an old classic, and is used well on this team
Latias has a weird set. Replace Psycho Shift with Psyshock as it hits many things and can be a reliable STAB that doesn't decrease your power. If you really want to cures status, Refresh is the way to go, as your opponent can status you again and you can always heal it even if your opponent is status'd
Azumarill is always good, and synergizes well on this team. Superpower is better than Waterfall as you hit everything Waterfall needs to hit with +6 Aqua Jet and Superpower nails Ferrothorn, a annoyance to this team.
Choice Band is cool and all, but if you make it Dragon Dance, it can form a deadly duo with Azumarill that can wear down each other's counters and let one of them sweep.
As mentioned before, Mega Pinsir kind of wrecksthis team and I think Rotom-W could help this team. Aegislash doesn't do much for this team, and Rotom-W can help your problem as well as walling other stuff that can break thought such as Greninja. It can also give Azumarill or Houndoom a free switchin to sweep

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spd
Serious Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Aegislash Toxic<shadow sneaker
Houndoom mega Destiny bond < Nasty plot
Dragonite Choice band < weakness policy

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Aegislash Toxic<shadow sneaker
Nope. Right now, the subtoxic set is by far superior to the mixed attacker set. Sub and toxic helps it abuse stall to the fullest, as it is almost as potent a toxic staller as gliscor due to sub blocking status and king's shield blocking attacks. Its basically always two turns before an opponent can hit, then they can only break the sub, while aegi sets up sub again, then KS, etc. Mostly every team has some sort of counter to aegislash now. You also retain your nuke, shadow ball still hits hard as ever.

Houndoom mega Destiny bond < Nasty plot
Partially true, especially because it allows your mega to still sweep. For utility, however, I would definitely say mega houndoom is better, high speed+destiny bond is a great combo, allowing it to rk something and then take something else out with DB, provided it outspeeds. For this team I would recommend nasty plot however, destiny bond doesn't help you take out anything you can't already, and most DD sweepers will outspeed and kill anyways. That's why I like sash gengar over houndoom for an emergency button.

Dragonite Choice band < weakness policy
Disagree again. WP is great on the lower-mid ladder, but not above that, there are MUCH better DD sweepers such as CharX, Tyranitar, and Gyarados. Choice band is a very reliable set, and extremespeed is an amazing utility move, while banded outrage destroys a good amount of the meta. Having banded extremespeed also helps you take out greninja, something normally you couldn't do, and talonflame, even with 52 HP if it has chip damage (from brave bird recoil, for example):

252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 292-345 (98.3 - 116.1%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 52 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 292-345 (94.1 - 111.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 306-360 (106.9 - 125.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)