OU Spotlight: Mega Metagross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yet another installment for OU Spotlights, with this particular Spotlight being about Mega Metagross, covering its pros, cons, sets, and all that jazz.

Introduction:

Mega Metagross's Qualities:

Playing with Mega Metagross:

Playing Against Meta Metagross:

Fitting Mega Metagross Onto Your Team:

Get Out There!:

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
TRC

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly / Naive Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch / Bullet Punch / Thunder Punch / Grass Knot
- Earthquake / Hammer Arm

Standard STAB attacks in the first two slots for good power. Ice Punch for Landorus-T and Gliscor, Bullet Punch to avoid waiting for Metagross' increased Speed to kick in and get the jump on faster foes, Thunder Punch for bulky Water-types, Talonflame, and Mega Charizard Y, or Grass Knot with a Naive nature to hit Hippowdon, Mega Swampert, and Mega Slowbro for the third slot. Earthquake to threaten Heatran, Jirachi, and Magnezone, or Hammer Arm to hit Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Mega Gyarados, and Air Balloon variants of Excadrill and Heatran hard for the fourth slot. I was also thinking of adding in the below set, if that'd be ok.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm / Ice Punch / Earthquake
- Agility

Was trying this set out recently, and I thought it was rather effective. Standard STAB attacks for the first two slots, Hammer Arm, Ice Punch, or Earthquake in the third slot depending on your preferred coverage and team build, and Agility for the fourth slot to bump its Speed up to 638 with an Adamant nature. Prevents Choice Scarfed and Swift Swim/Sand Rush foes from revenge killing it while still retaining a lot of power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)