Abomasnow @ Focus Sash
Snow Warning
252 Atk/252 SpA/4 Spe
Lonely
- Blizzard
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Grass Knot

Abomasnow is my Focus Sash-lead breaker. He leaves Aerodactyl, Azelf, and Infernape (all of which usually Stealth Rock or Taunt Abomasnow) with 1 HP and finishes them off with the residual damage of Hail. Focus Sash almost guarantees at least 1 KO as long as he is not Spored or Sleep Powdered. The beauty of Abomasnow over Tyranitar or Hippowdon as a Focus Sash-lead breaker is that very few Pokemon resist hail. The only lead Abomasnow really has trouble with is Ambipom with his stab, Technician Fake Out to negate his Focus Sash.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Sturdy
252 HP/156 Atk/100 Def
Careful
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Explosion

On a Hail team it is necessary to have a bulky Rapid Spinner. Forretress walls Metagross and Jirachi almost completely. Explosion is for Gyarados.

Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Snow Cloak
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
Adamant
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Mamoswine is my revenge-killer. Mamoswine is a better option than Weaville of his extra 10 Attack base stat, more powerful STAB Earthquake, and immunity to Electric. Most people do not expect the Scarfswine, and he gets some cheap kills. His ability works well with hax. Because of Choice Scarf, he can use the more powerful Ice Fang over Ice Shard.

Lapras @ Leftovers
Water Absorb
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
Bold
- Block
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Perish Song

Lapras is my most interesting Pokemon. She fills a special niche in the metagame as she is the most bulky Pokemon who can both trap and Perish Song. She comes in on tanks or Baton Passers and Perish Songs and Blocks them. Lapras can then Heal Bell any status effects that she received from Tanks and protect all the way until Perish Song hits 1. Then she switches out to escape the effects of Perish Song while the other Pokemon is still trapped.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Flash Fire
252 Spe/252 SpA/4 HP
Timid
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Roar

I never play OU without Heatran. I got this set from The Smog. I usually run Explosion on Heatran, but Forretress covers that role in this team. It can switch into stat-booster or Baton Passers and Substitute and then Roar. If Stealth Rock is up I can then abuse this. Fire Blast goes over Flamethrower because it puts dents into many Pokemon, some who even resist it.

Gengar @ Leftovers
Levitate
252 Spe/252 SpA/4 HP
Timid
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

Gengar deals with problem Pokemon. He can switch into lead Ambipom's Fake Out, has a x.25 resistance to U-turn, and can Will-O-Wisp switch-ins. His speed and Taunt/Destiny Bond combo lets him deal with a multitude of problem Pokemon such as Infernape, Scarf Magmortar, etc.

Nice hail team! I'd get rid of counter on forrtess, for he is suposed to take nothing from physcal hits any how, and eq takes out metagross. I'd also swtich gengar for froglass, because should do all tha gengar can with an imunaty to hail, and has the snow cloak

Nice hail team! I'd get rid of counter on forrtess, for he is suposed to take nothing from physcal hits any how, and eq takes out metagross. I'd also swtich gengar for froglass, because should do all tha gengar can with an imunaty to hail, and has the snow cloak
I don't really want to give Forretress eq because then i would have to invest ev's into attack. He doesn't have much of a moveset, though, and needs a filler move. Maybe I should give him toxic?

What are your EVs on Forretress, anyway? I see 252 EVs for three different stats. Also, Toxic could probably work, since I think the default for that slot would be Pursuit, but you don't want to invest Attack EVs.

how about...spikes [on Forretress]?

ddgyara looks like a problem. stone edge>rock slide on mamoswine. Also, gengar would be better off with sub/shadow ball/focus blast/tbolt @ life orb, because nobody uses a non damaging move on gengar.

What are your EVs on Forretress, anyway? I see 252 EVs for three different stats. Also, Toxic could probably work, since I think the default for that slot would be Pursuit, but you don't want to invest Attack EVs.
They are actually 252 HP/252 SpA/4* Def

STALLREIN

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/walrein

THE BEST HAIL WALL EVER. Set it up and it is literally unbreakable for 32 turns. Toxic Spikes support is really appreciated, so replacing Stealth Rock with TP on Forretress. Tentacruel is also a great Pokemon on Hail teams, and could replace Forretress altogether, although that is really up to you. But Stallrein is seriously an amazing Pokemon and should be on every defensive Hail team, which your team seems to be. Replacing Gengar with Frosslass also wouldn't be a bad idea, and using a BrightpowderSub set would be cheap but effective. You can also use Frosslass in much the same way as Gengar, if you choose.

Looks good though.

I like it! I'm seeing a bit of weakness towards special versions of Lucario and special fighters in general, but that happens with hail teams. It also looks like your team could just use a little more bulk in general since hail teams are generally stall based. These reasons are why instead of Gengar I suggest...

Rotom-F@Leftovers
Calm Nature (-Atk, +Sp.Def)
252 Spd 128 Sp.Def 128 Sp.Atk
Thunderbolt
Blizzard
Pain Split
Will-o-Wisp

These Evs are completely variable they just popped into my head so I went with them, but I was thinking this gives you a tank who can pack a punch and is fast (to burn a bunch of physical menaces such as Ttar before they can harm Rotom). the lack of HP Evs make Pain Split more useful... Like I said completely variable on the Evs, but in general Rotom-F is probably more fitting for your team instead of Gengar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)