Other OU CCAT (Round 6 Nominations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So, right now what the team needs is a Talonflame check and a Stealth Rocker.
On my phone so I can't make a full nomination atm, but I'll just throw some ideas out there that can fulfill one or both of those roles and have somewhat decent synergy.

Few things that come to mind are Empoleon, Heatran, and Rotom-W.

Empoleon and heatran increases the metagross weakness but a chople berry on either could help with that.

Not really much else to work with imo, as another setup mon is really unnecessary and other stealth rockers / Talon checks don't synergize well (think chomp and lando-t).

Last edited:
We're pretty weak to Clefable and Stallbreaker Talonflame right now and we could also use some hazard support right now. I'm thinking that Heatran will be the best fit for the team right now.

Offensive Heatran
Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power

Offensive Tran fits better than the Specially Defensive or Scarf variants on this team because it allows it to carry Stone Edge to beat any variant of Talonflame while still providing Stealth Rock support. Pokemon that Tran is weak to, like Keldeo, Garchomp, Landorus, Mega Lopunny and Chansey are already checked or countered by various members of our team. Not much to say beyond that.

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
I love our flying and fairy resists on the team so far. Need a defensive steel, i don't know which. Tran is good, but i'll just add empoleon to the mix because defog is useful
Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
Spdef because idk. make it physically defensive if you want

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Nominating Tank Chomp. It gives us rocks and a cool check to both Talonflame and Scizor. Having Keldeo scarfed, we sometimes do not want to switch it in on a knock off or w/e from, say, Bisharp- Chomp can be that switch in. So yeah; it's a reliable rocker that checks a ton of threats like m meta etc etc so I think it'll be a p good addition to the team. Leaves us incredibly weak to Gardevoir and smth I can't remeber so that should be adressed if we vote on chomp.

Last edited:
Ok, we are missing a Lando-I check (you've got to play that Heatran ultra conservatively and even then it doesn't help much) and we need some sort of hazard removal. Mandibuzz? That also adds some semblance of a Metagross check, who otherwise can really dish out some damage. Buzzard is a pretty cool mon right now and would finish off the team nicely. Not sure there's too much else to say because this late in the process we're just filling small gaps.

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 108 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Taunt
- Defog

Ok, we are missing a Lando-I check (you've got to play that Heatran ultra conservatively and even then it doesn't help much) and we need some sort of hazard removal. Mandibuzz? That also adds some semblance of a Metagross check, who otherwise can really dish out some damage. Buzzard is a pretty cool mon right now and would finish off the team nicely. Not sure there's too much else to say because this late in the process we're just filling small gaps.

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 108 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Taunt
- Defog
I disagree with this, the team is already weak to Fairies if you've noticed and adding Mandibuzz doesn't help it any further.

Keeping this in mind, I nominate SpDef Skarmory.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 236 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Brave Bird / Taunt

Checks M-Diancie, M-Gardevoir, M-Altaria, Azumarril, Landorus-I (to an extent) and M-Metagross, all of which this team struggle against. Also gives the team another Fairy resist which it needed quite a lot.

Last edited:

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog / Pursuit
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Nominating this dude. Gives us hazard removal, fairy check, m meta check and yh. Thing is, Lando i can literally click EP and nab kills which is annoying AF. Hmm I guess Air balloon tran helps and sorta must run hp ice in that case (and even then focus blast ;_;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)