Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Very powerful threat that can revenge a lot and sweep.
Haven't seen much of it recently which is a shame because it is scary

Nominating this stud.

FLARE BLITZ GG

...just kidding.

Diggersby @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-Turn

Scarf Diggersby is an underrated sweeper, combining a super Attack stat with good coverage and a useful movepool. It can support the team in the early-game as a scout/annoyance with U-Turn and Knock Off, and can catch players off-guard when they're expecting LO Diggersby. Once its checks are removed, Scarf Diggersby has the power to tear through entire teams lacking priority. It's a good fit on offensive and balance teams, as it pairs well with top threats like Talonflame and Greninja, and leaves the Mega slot open for another powerful attacker.

I wouldn't vouch for something that relies on being "unexpected" or "catch[ing] people off guard." A sizeable chunk of the ladder will be able to see this team and will be able to know exactly what is coming. Which is why I don't really like Rock Polish TTar or Scarf Diggersby. I also don't think lures will really work on our team. We need to start off and use a pokemon that even when you see it in team preview and know exactly what its going to do, it still is a threat. For example, Mega-Pinsir is 99% of the SD - Return - CC - Quick Attack Max atk / Max+ Spe but its still a huge threat or Politoed + Swift Swimmer rain.

With that in mind, I would shoot for a semi-stall team. Pokemon on semi-stall are pretty predictable, but even without the element of "surprise" it will still be able to handle itself well in a large amount of situations. Starting off with a pokemon that is relatively self-sufficient, not weak to hazards or status, or does not need help switching in with pivots really frees up teambuilding down the road. If boltsandbombers hadn't made the Bulky DD Altaria suggestion already I would have done it myself. I also like Halcyon. 's all-out-attacking Altaria and Sub DD Gyarados. With these points in mind I would like to make my own nomination:

Clefable (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
IVs: 0 Atk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower / Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

CM Clefable can be fit into all kinds of teams. By starting out with CM Clefable, we do not obligate our team to have any kind of support except for beating faster-steel-types or Heatran. We aren't obligated to have a status healer or hazard remover from the get go. We also close up a stall weakness right off the bat. We can go the semi-stall route, or we can find a way to fit Clefable on to an offensively based team. Also we don't use our mega-slot right from the get go.

Last edited:

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Gonna start voting now, voting will be up for 3 days. Please vote for up to 3 sets and write your vote in bold

Pastebin with all the sets here

And the list of the sets:
SD Mega Heracross
RP Mega Tyranitar
SD Mega Scizor
4 Attacks Mega Metagross
RP Mega Diancie
Double Dance Mega Charizard X
Taunt DD Mega Gyarados
Sub DD Gyarados
DD Heal Bell Mega Altaria
SD Mega Gallade
4 Attacks Greninja
Sub Mega Camerupt
Mega Pidgeot
RP Landorus
SD Hawlucha
SD Lucario
SD Mega Absol
Special Mega Altaria
CM Rain Dance Manaphy
Scarf Staraptor
Scarf Diggersby
CM Clefable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)